In Ohio's poorest county, people do w...

In Ohio's poorest county, people do what it takes

There are 95 comments on the Port Clinton News Herald story from Dec 3, 2011, titled In Ohio's poorest county, people do what it takes. In it, Port Clinton News Herald reports that:

Dustin Faulkner, above, buys diesel fuel at the Williams' Corner Market. As the economy has declined, business at the market has picked up.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Port Clinton News Herald.

“The few and the proud ”

Since: Mar 10

Southern ohio

#21 Dec 28, 2011
U r n f.n sane!! I feel sorry for your husband there negative nancy!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#22 Dec 28, 2011
HA you're lame . and so is your theroy on this . grow up and be a man instead of bitching about your 401k program go to waste on taxes you low life scum . who thinks your better then everyone else . your nothing and noone . nor will you ever be !
seriously ? r u n f n sane ? wtf is that even posed to mean ? god grow a set and stop letting your wife be the man of the relationship u sorry bitch !
ahahahahhha

Athens, OH

#23 Jan 1, 2012
Hey"Legend Lathem", you spelled LATHAM wrong.
LEGEND LATHEM

Chillicothe, OH

#24 Jan 4, 2012
Listen here RANDOLF my name is Harold Hunt Jr and yes i am a legend from were i come from so how about telling me your real name and i will show you just what gave me that title.You dumb !ss there is a lot of good people from lathem,yea there are some not worth mentioning,but all my friends are from there and family too so watch youf fucki! mouth.
LEGEND LATHEM

Chillicothe, OH

#25 Jan 4, 2012
If you would have gone through all the shi! i have been through you would miss a word or to im sure

“The few and the proud ”

Southern ohio

#26 Jan 4, 2012
Iv checked out of this conversation all u folks wanna do is cry an whine.
Randolf

Vandalia, OH

#27 Jan 5, 2012
LEGEND LATHEM wrote:
Listen here RANDOLF my name is Harold Hunt Jr and yes i am a legend from were i come from so how about telling me your real name and i will show you just what gave me that title.You dumb !ss there is a lot of good people from lathem,yea there are some not worth mentioning,but all my friends are from there and family too so watch youf fucki! mouth.
Strap it on and bring it BIG TALKER

“The few and the proud ”

Southern ohio

#28 Jan 5, 2012
Lol
Carrigan

Clearwater, FL

#29 Jan 5, 2012
I will never understand why people have children when they know they cannot afford to support them. If your town is so poor and there are no jobs then why in the heck would you bring a child into the world? I guess you want their lives to be as miserable as yours! I guess you think it is the responsibility of other people to take care of your children. Generations of families living off of welfare? I don't think that is what the system was intended for.
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#30 Jan 6, 2012
Yea i am from latham,and randolf what is there to agree with you are an idiot its obvious your mouth is writing checks your as! cant cash.There are people getting checks everywere you go.You act like a momma,s boy who did not have to go without,is that it you still got momma,s tit in your mouth.Sure theres a few out in latham who are worthless but the good people outway the bad.I happen to know legend he has been in so many car crashes he is lucky to spell his name but that little imbreeding coment you made you better hope you never come face to face with him he will slap that momma,s boy right out of you.So lame i know just how you feel its dumbas!es like randolf who make it hard not to choke the shi! out of some idiot who dont have a clue what it takes to get bye.SO LONG MOMMA,S BOY11
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#31 Jan 6, 2012
Yea your right Carrigan,there are alot of people who dont deserve help,who abuse the system.But on the other hand would you rather see some crooked polititian stick that money in there pocket.I mean seriously you think the money they save from people milking the system there going to bring it over and give it to you,you better get a grip on reality,and start taking everything you can get from those thieving bastards that run are country.So go ahead america i work every day and i would rather see some poor american get my taxes,then some thieving polititian in washington.Take it and enjoy,i will be paying my taxes any day,buy yourself something nice your doing me a favor{WAKE UP AMERICA BEFORE ITS TO LATE}dont take from the mouth of the poor take from those who made them poor.
CRASH GORDON

Chillicothe, OH

#32 Jan 6, 2012
[ strap it on] look out legend i knew this randolf fella was a brown eye bandit,dont drop the soap in front of this guy.
Carrigan

United States

#33 Jan 6, 2012
CRASH GORDON wrote:
Yea your right Carrigan,there are alot of people who dont deserve help,who abuse the system.But on the other hand would you rather see some crooked polititian stick that money in there pocket.I mean seriously you think the money they save from people milking the system there going to bring it over and give it to you,you better get a grip on reality,and start taking everything you can get from those thieving bastards that run are
country.So go ahead america i work every day
and i would rather see some poor american get
my taxes,then some thieving polititian in
washington.Take it and enjoy,i will be paying my
taxes any day,buy yourself something nice your
doing me a favor{WAKE UP AMERICA BEFORE
ITS TO LATE}dont take from the mouth of the
poor take from those who made them poor.
They made themselves poor! They chose to not get an education. They choose to live in a place with no jobs. They chose to have children they cannot support. At least politicians actually work. Welfare encourages people to do nothing with their lives. They're happy living off of other people. If they weren't they would do something to improve their lives!

“Loser is as Loser does! ”

Since: Aug 11

Ashland, KY

#34 Jan 6, 2012
Carrigan wrote:
<quoted text>
They made themselves poor! They chose to not get an education. They choose to live in a place with no jobs. They chose to have children they cannot support. At least politicians actually work. Welfare encourages people to do nothing with their lives. They're happy living off of other people. If they weren't they would do something to improve their lives!
You can't try to make sense with these people. These people only make excuses for themselves and then they wonder why their lives still suck. It takes hard work to cultivate a healthy, happy life!
politicians suck

Powell, OH

#35 Jan 6, 2012
yea, our politicians worked so hard to ship all our jobs over to china.Soon there will be rich and peasants .The worst is yet to come.If you think any different you fell and bumped yer head...Sad but true!

Ashland, KY

#36 Jan 6, 2012
Unions encouraged us to ship jobs overseas. Your unrealistic demands on employers are very costly.
politicians suck

Powell, OH

#37 Jan 7, 2012
boo_ wrote:
Unions encouraged us to ship jobs overseas. Your unrealistic demands on employers are very costly.
Are you serious??? Unions encouraged us...You're one dumb bitch! Did i mention you were a dumb bitch? We cannot compete with china and other countries that have no pollution regulations or any of the other regulations we have here.Dont you remember china had to shut down all thier factories several weeks b4 the olympics were held cause the air is so polluted.China also does not acnowledge anything such as a patent and our government willingly does trade with them.You tell me who is on our side? the united states have been sold off,we just get to call ourselves the u.s. for a few more years.WE should maybe called the u.s. of china.Sad but true!Something has to change and it must start with trade.Our government knows what they are doing.They are working on the venus project.Do some research on the venus project.It is a dream coming true.
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#38 Jan 7, 2012
boo_ wrote:
The stupidity light is on and shining bright. What a waste of education.

Ashland, KY

#39 Jan 7, 2012
politicians suck wrote:
<quoted text> Are you serious??? Unions encouraged us...You're one dumb bitch! Did i mention you were a dumb bitch? We cannot compete with china and other countries that have no pollution regulations or any of the other regulations we have here.Dont you remember china had to shut down all thier factories several weeks b4 the olympics were held cause the air is so polluted.China also does not acnowledge anything such as a patent and our government willingly does trade with them.You tell me who is on our side? the united states have been sold off,we just get to call ourselves the u.s. for a few more years.WE should maybe called the u.s. of china.Sad but true!Something has to change and it must start with trade.Our government knows what they are doing.They are working on the venus project.Do some research on the venus project.It is a dream coming true.
Lazy people need a union to protect them.

Of course regulations play some role.

Look at the stereotypical Appalachian. They are occupied with entitlement. They believe it is okay to sue others. Ouch, my back hurts. BAM! They're filing a worker's comp claim. Wahhh. My boss hurt my feelings. BAM! Lawsuit. I wouldn't want to have a non-college educated worker working for me from Appalachia (military background may be an exception). It is too easy to stay an ignorant, unproductive member of society. Why do you believe so many damn restaurants are going out of business in this area? They can't maintain a cook. The food is inconsistent. You can't trust the average worker. A lot of people are addicts. I'd outsource the hell out of a company. A lot of non-educated people suck. A lot have no pride and do not care. They are never forced to suffer consequences as long as unions cover their ass.
politicians suck

Powell, OH

#40 Jan 7, 2012
boo_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lazy people need a union to protect them.
Of course regulations play some role.
Look at the stereotypical Appalachian. They are occupied with entitlement. They believe it is okay to sue others. Ouch, my back hurts. BAM! They're filing a worker's comp claim. Wahhh. My boss hurt my feelings. BAM! Lawsuit. I wouldn't want to have a non-college educated worker working for me from Appalachia (military background may be an exception). It is too easy to stay an ignorant, unproductive member of society. Why do you believe so many damn restaurants are going out of business in this area? They can't maintain a cook. The food is inconsistent. You can't trust the average worker. A lot of people are addicts. I'd outsource the hell out of a company. A lot of non-educated people suck. A lot have no pride and do not care. They are never forced to suffer consequences as long as unions cover their ass.
You never cease to amaze me,you are dumber than hell!Reasaurants are going out of business cause theres not any money.People spend it on things more important.Lady, for your information there are very few folks around here with union jobs.Tell us where you got this so valuable education and where you get paid so greatly for it.For an educated person you sound dumber than some i know with an 8th grade education.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three generations keep Milton dairy farm succes... 8 hr farms eh 1
News Gorgeous weather, cheesecake draw large crowd t... Sat derka der 1
News Shorty's Place changing ownership and management (Jul '14) Sat Big time 10
News What's Happening Fri guest 14
News Allentown Fair's new contests and demonstrations Fri Bob 2
News America's First Meat-Free Fast-Food Restaurant ... Thu CO MW Support Col... 2
News Recipe for disaster: inside the New York City P... Sep 20 KMD 1
More from around the web