In Ohio's poorest county, people do what it takes

Dec 3, 2011 Full story: Port Clinton News Herald 95

Dustin Faulkner, above, buys diesel fuel at the Williams' Corner Market. As the economy has declined, business at the market has picked up.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Move

West Union, OH

#1 Dec 4, 2011
It's time to move if there are no jobs, duh.
Oh my

Chillicothe, OH

#2 Dec 4, 2011
Move wrote:
It's time to move if there are no jobs, duh.
It's not as simple as that. First of all, where would they go? Without money to start with, they can't easily find a new place to live and work. Also, the people in this area depend on each other. And Mr. Brewster was right about the drugs. It has become a major problem because of the lack of respect for the community. And these people do deserve respect. I'm tired of hearing about people trashing Latham, when they have no idea what's going on. These people really are survivors, they're doing what they have to. And they're doing what they were taught to do by their parents. They don't know that there is a great big world out there.
North Dakota Jobs

West Union, OH

#3 Dec 6, 2011
Oil jobs!

Big money, everybody gets hired if you can read and show up for work.

MOVE!!!

http://www.npr.org/2011/12/02/14295152/oil-bo...
Ripp of f

Waverly, OH

#4 Dec 6, 2011
It is not any better where ever you go i have been all over and the more byou make the more it takes no matter what you get they figure how to get it.
North Dakota Jobs

West Union, OH

#5 Dec 11, 2011
Ripp of f wrote:
It is not any better where ever you go i have been all over and the more byou make the more it takes no matter what you get they figure how to get it.
You have a LOSER attitude. Probably because...

MOVE

“The few and the proud ”

Since: Mar 10

Southern ohio

#6 Dec 11, 2011
I agree with the other non dumbasses stop crying and MOVE!!! I drove 102 miles one way to columbus everyday for two years. Stop cryin get off your ass and stop milking the system for money you didnt earn. Move!!!
North Dakota Jobs

West Union, OH

#7 Dec 12, 2011
How about gas drilling jobs in Ohio... or is that too far ALSO...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...
LEGEND LATHEM

Chillicothe, OH

#8 Dec 26, 2011
Why is it every time someone brings up being poor they have to bring up lathem.Ive got news for you asshol!s one of the richest guys in the state of ohio lives right in the middle of town.As for the drugs,you think were you live is drug free,well you have fell and bumped your head theres drugs everywere you go.And by the way Randolf why dont you come on out to lathem those boys need someone to slap around on while there waiting on there check.And as far as the Brewsters,and Longs are concerned that is the reason Lathem has not growed into a thriving comunity they take,take,take,and that greedy Jr Long does not put one dime back into the comunity.Lathem is my home town and for those of you who talk down about it can kiss my !ss,thats right i did not stutter,pucker up and kiss it.
so lame

Hamersville, OH

#9 Dec 27, 2011
It's to far when u don't have the gas to travel back and forth until ur first pay check , unless your floating that bill ... If so hire me on !

“The few and the proud ”

Southern ohio

#10 Dec 27, 2011
Very mature response "legend". Im sure ur a legend in ur own mind. Years of imbreeding can do that
so lame

Hamersville, OH

#11 Dec 27, 2011
That's quite a mature reply too there "Randolf"
Teen age dream

Waverly, OH

#12 Dec 27, 2011
Randolf,Legend had a perfectly mature response for your stupid azz,If you hate Latham so much dont talk about it. I grew up there and there are alot of good people there. Not everyone is milking the system no more there than anywere else. I know you will come back with a smart azz remark,so I will tell you if I were you I would not call people from Latham inbread were they could get to you better stay on your computer,you also are not few there are many retards like you around and I dont think you have any thing to be proud of.
super lathamite

Athens, OH

#13 Dec 27, 2011
Randolf, please tell us where your so highly intelligent ass is from!It seems you were never taught how to spell.It's INbreeding,you retarded ass....Now go make fun of the people where you are from!

“The few and the proud ”

Southern ohio

#14 Dec 27, 2011
Iv got no problem with lathem Iv got a problem with people that sit on their ass in these little towns living off of tax payers an crying bout no jobs.
waaa

Waverly, OH

#15 Dec 27, 2011
Randolf wrote:
I agree with the other non dumbasses stop crying and MOVE!!! I drove 102 miles one way to columbus everyday for two years. Stop cryin get off your ass and stop milking the system for money you didnt earn. Move!!!
waaa waaa waaa all you do is go from forum to forum just to get your stupid no good opinion in on everyone elses business. you are a dumbass.
waaa

Waverly, OH

#16 Dec 27, 2011
Randolf wrote:
Iv got no problem with lathem Iv got a problem with people that sit on their ass in these little towns living off of tax payers an crying bout no jobs.
waaa waaa waaa all you do is cry
waaa

Waverly, OH

#17 Dec 27, 2011
Randolf wrote:
Very mature response "legend". Im sure ur a legend in ur own mind. Years of imbreeding can do that
waaa waa waaa you're out of your mind
Teen age dream

Waverly, OH

#18 Dec 28, 2011
Randolf, just so you know you spelled Latham wrong in your last comment,every time you post you show your ignorance maybe you are inbread. stupid FKER.

“The few and the proud ”

Southern ohio

#19 Dec 28, 2011
Its totally clear that you got nothing better to do then bitch at people you dnt agree with.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#20 Dec 28, 2011
and thats the pot calling the kettle black "randolf" your complaining about tax payers money really ? umm my husband has a full time job works in circleville and we live in the small twon of idaho . want to complain about tax payers money really ? even with my husband working in circleville full time we still collect bennifits to supply our family with food every month to get by . talk about tax payers money , we pay our taxes and we collect , we also spend 150 bucks in gas a week in order for him to get back and forth to work so why not take your sorry ass and just stop bitching because its not just the money you pay out on taxes because some families do work and pay their taxes as well . that would be like me complaining about people in circleville collecting bennifits because he works there and also has to pay their taxes get over it taxes are apart of life and its one of the only things your promised in life so deal with it like ever other working American .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
County jails: Commissaries offer inmates a rang... (May '09) 59 min ur an ass 108
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 1 hr ann 8,343
To Eat This 8K-Calorie Breakfast, Sign a Waiver 2 hr NOM s Waffle House 3
What Foods Russians May Miss Thanks to Putin's Ban 6 hr Here Is One 302
Crew makes 1,126-pound bowl of Hawaii rice dish 7 hr Kid_Tomorrow 2
Who thinks KFC sucks (Aug '07) 13 hr Mark 9
Peter Lyons: Election is over, fire up the barbie 20 hr kiwis are pond scum 1

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE