Roll Reversal

Feb 3, 2014 Full story: Minnesota Monthly 7

NORMALLY, WHEN IT COMES TO sushi, we aficionados like to keep things simple. Give us nigiri or sashimi and we're happy.

Full Story

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Feb 3, 2014
Thing is, sushi is Japan's version of fast food.
.
Just like the burger is to America.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#2 Feb 3, 2014
Sushi and especially, sashimi? Yummmmm!!!

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Feb 3, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
Sushi and especially, sashimi? Yummmmm!!!
I agree.
.
Kikugawa I remember having good sushi. Also I have been to Sakura's(St Paul) and Tiger Sushi(MoA) as well.
.
Though nowadays I get mine from the grocery store - Byerley's.
.
Tiger Sushi if you provide evidence it is your birthday. They give you a fruit plate that is good.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#4 Feb 3, 2014
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
.
Kikugawa I remember having good sushi. Also I have been to Sakura's(St Paul) and Tiger Sushi(MoA) as well.
.
Though nowadays I get mine from the grocery store - Byerley's.
.
Tiger Sushi if you provide evidence it is your birthday. They give you a fruit plate that is good.
Haven't been to Kikugawa for a long time but they were always good. Nowdays, it's Osaka since I live about 5 minutes from one. But, not a cheap date.

Occasionally, a couple friends and I get together and make our own. Fresh sushi quality fish from Coastal Seafood.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Feb 3, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't been to Kikugawa for a long time but they were always good. Nowdays, it's Osaka since I live about 5 minutes from one. But, not a cheap date.
Occasionally, a couple friends and I get together and make our own. Fresh sushi quality fish from Coastal Seafood.
They moved closer to the downtown area for Kikugawa.
.
When I used to go to a chiropractor years ago. He recommended Osaka one time.
.
Sakura's is over on St Peters between 4th and 5th. The owner used to be married to the guy who owns Kikugawa.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#6 Feb 3, 2014
I won't turn down nigiri either. As long as it's not eel. I hate eel. And urchin roe. Not too fond of that either.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Feb 3, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
I won't turn down nigiri either. As long as it's not eel. I hate eel. And urchin roe. Not too fond of that either.
I love eel. The first time was when my family & I went to Disney. The Japanese restaurant at Epcot had it. Loved it since.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BJ's Cafe: The biscuits are calling you (Mar '11) 4 min Anonomous 34
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 47 min Becky 8,754
Transgender women seek herbal alternatives to h... 1 hr TerryE 4
Obama withdraws Alaska's Bristol Bay from drilling 7 hr Dr Wu 3
Pune Hotel Offers a Unique New Year's Eve Getaway 15 hr spaaqua19 1
Zymbiotics puts the zaur in the kraut 20 hr Jeff Ziebelman 1
7 things to know about epilepsy 21 hr DeeDee86 2
More from around the web