Why are the Chinese skinny?

WHAT makes Chinese people so skinny? Is it all due to genes? A more active lifestyle? In her new book, Why the Chinese Don't Count Calories, British writer Lorraine Clissold set out to discover what it was that ... Full Story
Bob

Auckland, New Zealand

#1 Nov 27, 2008
Probably because they have limited access to energy. In much the same way that many Chinese people I see are short, because as children they had limited access to energy. There, I solved the puzzle and didn't need to write a book about it.
YiLiu

Guangzhou, China

#2 Mar 14, 2009
20 years ago may be short of energy
Recently 10 years,energy is not a problem,esp children live in City
Main reason is race different
Inside Scoop

Mesquite, NV

#3 Mar 14, 2009
The Chinese people are skinny because
they use CHOP STICKS ?
Have you ever used CHOP STICKS ?
WANT TO LOOSE WEIGHT PICK UP A BUNDEL OF CHOP STICKS AND REPALCE YOUR KINVES. FORKS ANS SPOONS !
WITHIN A WEEK TIME YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT, WATCH YOU FAMILY LEAVE THE TABLE TRYING TO EAT WITH cHOP STICKS ?
OLD CHINEESE SECREAT !
Rose

United States

#4 Mar 15, 2009
LOL Inside Scoop...My girlfriend at work is Chinese... the women at my table decided we are going to diet..been 2 weeks and I lost 7 1/2 pds..anyways...she is rail thin...I know the Chinese desserts you would have to pay me to eat them..and then I still wouldnt eat'em..they are bad..dry and just plain yukky..but she wants to gain weight..so as we eat like birds at our table she is pigging out! I went to Korea a few years ago and all the women I seen there were very skinny.
YiLiu

Shenzhen, China

#5 Mar 17, 2009
Inside Scoop wrote:
The Chinese people are skinny because
they use CHOP STICKS ?
Have you ever used CHOP STICKS ?
WANT TO LOOSE WEIGHT PICK UP A BUNDEL OF CHOP STICKS AND REPALCE YOUR KINVES. FORKS ANS SPOONS !
WITHIN A WEEK TIME YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT, WATCH YOU FAMILY LEAVE THE TABLE TRYING TO EAT WITH cHOP STICKS ?
OLD CHINEESE SECREAT !
Nealy all Chinese use chopsticks.
Some school students use spoon,because it easy put into lunch box
Kelly

Cebu City, Philippines

#6 Dec 5, 2012
I think its because of their diet, we all know that most Chinese are vegetarian. They only eat enough meat to sustain the protein they need.

Since: Dec 12

Cheyenne, WY

#8 Dec 6, 2012
it is because their custom diet. Chinese food make them skinny.
by the way.need weight loss? find the answer from www.daidaihuaslim.com
Won Hung Lo

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Dec 7, 2012
Have you seen some Chinese people, especially an only son, lately? Skin y is not an adjective that is appropriate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama withdraws Alaska's Bristol Bay from drilling 4 hr Dr Wu 3
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 5 hr Curious 8,753
Pune Hotel Offers a Unique New Year's Eve Getaway 12 hr spaaqua19 1
Zymbiotics puts the zaur in the kraut 17 hr Jeff Ziebelman 1
7 things to know about epilepsy 18 hr DeeDee86 2
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 22 hr cooldude 5
News Hits: Schuette OKs school taxes for new Re... Wed Art Lafler 2
More from around the web