Hemet officials concerned hydroponics store may cultivate marijuana growers

Jun 29, 2010 Full story: Press-Enterprise 20

Hemet city officials are keeping a close eye on a hydroponics store out of concern that it attracts customers who illegally grow marijuana.

Full Story
give me a break

Calabasas, CA

#1 Jun 29, 2010
we are about to legalize marijuana in november whats the big deal weed is safer the booze
KrazyKyngeKorny

Nuevo, CA

#2 Jun 30, 2010
Marijuana is safer than booze? Some argument. Getting stabbed is safer than getting shot. Do you want to get stabbed? I don't.

Being robbed by a moron is safer than getting robbed by a genius. I don't want to get robbed.

Marijuana is safer than booze, but I don't want get attacked by a drunk, or a grasshead.
hemet transient

Perris, CA

#3 Jul 1, 2010
Marijuana isn't just a safe drug. It's good medicine for a variety of ailments.
joe

Calabasas, CA

#4 Jul 1, 2010
KrazyKyngeKorny wrote:
Marijuana is safer than booze? Some argument. Getting stabbed is safer than getting shot. Do you want to get stabbed? I don't.
Being robbed by a moron is safer than getting robbed by a genius. I don't want to get robbed.
Marijuana is safer than booze, but I don't want get attacked by a drunk, or a grasshead.
actually your comment makes little sense. did you smoke a joint before writing it? its your typical propaganda MARIJUANA ROBBED GUN!!! being stabbed / shot or robbed has zero to do with alcohol or marijuana those are peoples actions and have zero to do with marijuana.. lets look at how many people die each year from just alcohol overdose and compare that to marijuana. It dont take a rocket scientist to see that marijuna is 1000 times safer and I want my kids to have the option to stay clear of alcohol and use something far more safer.. yes on 19!!!
Obvious

Hemet, CA

#5 Jul 1, 2010
KrazyKyngeKorny - You are obviously a fan of the slippery slope. Wake up, you fool. Pick up a history book, it will help your addled brain start to digest the scary world around you. It's idiots like this that make up our congress!
Ben Dover

Banning, CA

#6 Jul 1, 2010
They should stake out all the raghead smokeshops also. Their dirty as crap. I just busted my son and his friends that purchased a hooka and smoke from the one in valle vista stater bros shopping center. They are only 16. These smoke shops are nothing more than head shops. The kids of Hemet have no problem purchasing from these shops.
Bent Over

Hemet, CA

#7 Jul 1, 2010
Weed is great. It is no worse than tobacco, which is accepted and taxed. Smoke weed and love your children and your neighbor (and his wife).
KrazyKyngeKorny

Temecula, CA

#8 Jul 29, 2010
joe wrote:
<quoted text> actually your comment makes little sense.
Sounds like the words of a pothead. Did I smoke weed before posting? I'm not the one advocating legal pot. I advocate heavy fines for polluting the morals of youth.
i got 5 on it

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Aug 3, 2010
don't smoke dope it is bad for you
dopes

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Aug 16, 2010
dope is for dopes. no wonder U.S. is outsourcing because 'HEY BRO WHERE'S MY BONG?' is typical attitude of idiots who hang around that pot store with nothing to do MAN, HEY MAN LET'S SMOKE OUT MAHN!!
KrazyKyngeKorny

Moreno Valley, CA

#11 Aug 16, 2010
joe wrote:
<quoted text> actually your comment makes little sense. did you smoke a joint before writing it? its your typical propaganda MARIJUANA ROBBED GUN!!! being stabbed / shot or robbed has zero to do with alcohol or marijuana those are peoples actions and have zero to do with marijuana.. lets look at how many people die each year from just alcohol overdose and compare that to marijuana. It dont take a rocket scientist to see that marijuna is 1000 times safer and I want my kids to have the option to stay clear of alcohol and use something far more safer.. yes on 19!!!
You obviously don't have a firm grip of the English language. Are you an illegal?
CrazyCyngeCorny

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Aug 17, 2010
you obviously don't have a firm grip on your moms corny.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
lEGAliZE_TOdAY

Moreno Valley, CA

#14 Aug 18, 2010
marijuana is a medicine and shouldnt be abused just like anything else..however just like tobacco,alcohol and everything else legal it does get abused..would you rather have your kids going around and "smoking pot" or would you rather have them become an alcoholic or hooked or perscription or non perscription pills they say weed is a gateway drug but under the influence of alcohol people would be much more willing to try more drugs. how many overdoses a year are caused by marijuana?
Fourtwenty

Hemet, CA

#15 Aug 18, 2010
Weed is only illegal because the government is run by prescription drug manufacturers. Drug companies do not want people growing their own medicine. The amount of money that drug companies put into political campaigns gets the government to keep the drug illegal.

Since: Feb 08

Hemet, CA

#16 Aug 18, 2010
Fourtwenty wrote:
Weed is only illegal because the government is run by prescription drug manufacturers. Drug companies do not want people growing their own medicine. The amount of money that drug companies put into political campaigns gets the government to keep the drug illegal.
The problem is, you and I (and a select few on here) are the only ones that see this elephant in the room. Our politicians own and operate these companies first hand or through family connections. It's a form of legalized Mafias. Do I smoke weed? No. Would I like my children smoking it? No again. But theyre free to purchase cigarettes and alcohol which is far more dangerous in a shorter period of time. If 19 passes, our economy will drop within the pharmaceutical companies and maybe California can pull out ahead in this deal. 14billion dollar crop...can you imagine what kind of impact thatll have on our budget?? haha
DrugsRbaD

Marina Del Rey, CA

#17 Aug 27, 2010
Marijuana is far from harmless, the only people who would lead you to believe that it is harmless are those who would like to use it free of consequences.
Here are things that marijuana does:

•Trouble remembering things
•Slowed reaction time
•Difficulty concentrating
•Sleepiness
•Anxiety
•Paranoia (feeling that people are "out to get you")
•Altered time perception
•Red, bloodshot eyes
•Tremors (shaking)
•Nausea
•Headache
•Decreased coordination
•Breathing problems
•Increased appetite
•Reduced blood flow to the brain
•Changes in the reproductive organs

Like tobacco, marijuana contains many chemicals that can hurt the lungs and cause cancer. One marijuana cigarette can cause more damage to the lungs than many tobacco cigarettes because marijuana has more tar in it and is usually smoked without filters.

Now imagine people like that driving around Hemet crashing into people and things, abusing their children and spending their welfare money on drugs...not what I want to see.
SaM

Bethlehem, PA

#18 May 15, 2012
There's a good argument or each side just chill out guys. I believe it should be legalized and regulated.
LOOSINGBRAINCELL S

Sun City, CA

#19 May 16, 2012
joe wrote:
<quoted text> actually your comment makes little sense. did you smoke a joint before writing it? its your typical propaganda MARIJUANA ROBBED GUN!!! being stabbed / shot or robbed has zero to do with alcohol or marijuana those are peoples actions and have zero to do with marijuana.. lets look at how many people die each year from just alcohol overdose and compare that to marijuana. It dont take a rocket scientist to see that marijuna is 1000 times safer and I want my kids to have the option to stay clear of alcohol and use something far more safer.. yes on 19!!!
ENOUGH SAID THIS CRAZY A-HOLE JUST MAID THE POINT OF WHAT MARIJUANA DOES TO YOU (He would even give this to his kid!) MARIJUANA ALREADY SCREWED MADE THIS GUY LOOSE TO MANY BRAIN CELLS!!!
SaM

Collegeville, PA

#20 May 18, 2012
LOOSINGBRAINCELLS wrote:
<quoted text> ENOUGH SAID THIS CRAZY A-HOLE JUST MAID THE POINT OF WHAT MARIJUANA DOES TO YOU (He would even give this to his kid!) MARIJUANA ALREADY SCREWED MADE THIS GUY LOOSE TO MANY BRAIN CELLS!!!
It's actually "lose"* my good sir. And i smoke every single day and knew that haha. He's crazy but your the one going bezerk writing in all caps no making any sense. Smoke a joint and just chillll buddy.:-)
Kana

Hemet, CA

#21 Dec 20, 2012
have u seen the surrounding cities this is not even a dent on what is reality not to mention amazon.com is providing to weed growers and shroomers. this little issue is not at the main table, we should crack down on these addicts and sex criminals the state should stop sending them to hemet just because its far from main highways, this city will fall apart if you keep the focus on a hydro shop that sells products that grow your fruit pest free.. old moms that dont think there kid could ask a friend thats at age to buy a hookah would make this a main issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two chocolate makers warn of huge annual deficit 4 hr TALLYHO 8541 140
How Life's Code Emerged From Primordial Soup (Sep '09) 9 hr DanFromSmithville 144
Bread & Butter: Cool idea for Novato: ice cream... (Mar '13) 9 hr HaiYen 5
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) Fri Trilot 8,624
Fruit tree pruning workshop held today (Feb '09) Fri Michael2327 3
Illegal cigarettes could be filled with human e... Fri Taajsgpm 5
Saturated Fat Affects More Than Your Cholesterol (Jun '06) Fri Truth Teller 17

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE