Calcium supplements may be bad for a ...

Calcium supplements may be bad for a man's heart

There are 2 comments on the Reno Gazette-Journal story from Feb 5, 2013, titled Calcium supplements may be bad for a man's heart. In it, Reno Gazette-Journal reports that:

Research out today shows that a high intake of calcium from supplements is correlated with an increased risk of death from heart disease, such as heart attacks, for men, but not for women.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reno Gazette-Journal.

Alasas, Philippines

#1 Feb 5, 2013
This is quite surprising since calcium should be good for everyone. Calcium intake in men should be monitored.

Lake Butler, FL

#2 Feb 7, 2013
Cholesterol isn't exactly the culprit of heart attacks. Its Calcium that is depleted from bones as we age. Statin drugs cause loss of memory for cholesterol removal in the brain. Its a political drug. I wouldn't use metropolol either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donatos Pizza opens first Pennsylvania store in... 3 hr gasoline 8
News This dog loves pizza and will go to extraordina... 12 hr Go Blue Forever 4
News Magnificent Macedonia is one of Europe's undisc... 17 hr MACEDONIA is HELL... 172
News Wendy's coming to Paradise? (Jul '11) 23 hr K-Vandal 7
News A single line in an obscure court case reveals ... Sat entrance 1
News Final debate brings little clarity to undecided... Fri Adam 1
News Timeless a " an MHK Eatery to debut this winter... Fri Mannie 2
More from around the web