Daughter reopens her fathera s Happy ...

Daughter reopens her fathera s Happy Hill Restaurant

There are 24 comments on the Mountain Xpress story from Apr 12, 2010, titled Daughter reopens her fathera s Happy Hill Restaurant. In it, Mountain Xpress reports that:

And on Friday, April 16, those doors will close for the final time. But it's not the end of the story for this landmark community restaurant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mountain Xpress.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jax

Weaverville, NC

#22 Aug 31, 2013
Mike H wrote:
First, the food is cold slop. Owner is surly and should have opened in a redneck area, rather than West Asheville. Server was incompetent and had save up a fistful of orders before she turned them in. Thus people who arrived after me got food first. The eggs and potatoes were cold and the bacon fatty and undercooked. The order had sat for a while in the window, for sure. No apologies from the goober that runs the place. I ate one bite of the swill and he still charged me. The "servers" were enough to make you lose your appetite alone,unless alcoholic trailer trash over 50 is your bag. If you like great diner food and service, go to the Five Points.
That's pretty funny...can tell your either young or a carpet bagger...west asheville was nothing but redneck for generations, and some of the finest folks!
Then people started moving to the area and wanted to make it weird. Hey it worked....Asheville is weird.. They have accomplished their goal...so maybe they can move away and, take their weirdness with them...
Trenton Hill

Candler, NC

#23 Aug 31, 2013
Someone thinks there's an area more redneck than Worst Asheville? Where in the world might that be? West Asheville is THE HOME OF THE REDNECK.
Yep

East Flat Rock, NC

#24 Aug 31, 2013
Trenton Hill wrote:
Someone thinks there's an area more redneck than Worst Asheville? Where in the world might that be? West Asheville is THE HOME OF THE REDNECK.
You got that right, I am a perfect example of that which you speak. What of it?!
Trenton Hill

Candler, NC

#25 Aug 31, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right, I am a perfect example of that which you speak. What of it?!
Well the poster a few posts up stated the restaurant owner "should've opened a restaurant in a more redneck area", instead of West Asheville. If you could read, you would understand that my point is that there is no area more redneck than West Asheville. What of it?

Now scurry off and remain the uninformed redneck you want to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Video Campaign Aims To Unify Poland Through The... 2 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 1
News NYC Anchor Bar runs out of wings on Day 2 11 hr RachelsGonnaRach 1
News Harry and Meghan leave Windsor Castle after - a... Sun HRH 1
News Ken Hoffman on why it makes cents for the U.S. ... Sun Walter glen stock... 2
News 2 hours in Blytheville Sat Barney 11
News A Thin-Crust Chicago Pizza Shop Debuts Inside B... May 18 BEAST SSSOTLOHIE... 1
News Work begins on Vallejoa s In-N-Out Burger resta... May 17 fedup2 3