Daughter reopens her fathera s Happy ...

Daughter reopens her fathera s Happy Hill Restaurant

There are 24 comments on the Mountain Xpress story from Apr 12, 2010, titled Daughter reopens her fathera s Happy Hill Restaurant. In it, Mountain Xpress reports that:

And on Friday, April 16, those doors will close for the final time. But it's not the end of the story for this landmark community restaurant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mountain Xpress.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Asheville, NC

#1 Apr 12, 2010
Glad to see the place re-open! We have enough Mexican restaurants already. Besides, Mexican aint Southern.
Barney

Wiggins, MS

#2 Apr 12, 2010
They are more "southern" than you! A racist, hate mongering flag doesn't make you "southern", well being an ignorant redneck is close!

Asheville, NC

#3 Apr 12, 2010
Barney wrote:
They are more "southern" than you! A racist, hate mongering flag doesn't make you "southern", well being an ignorant redneck is close!
Barney transplant, my relatives go back here to the 1750s. It is you yankeeneck transplants who are full of hate. Full of hate for the South, local residents, our traditions. You prove my point with your cowardly hateful attack above.

“Report and Deport1866-DHS-2 ICE”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#4 Apr 12, 2010
Barney wrote:
That is hateful as hell. Go to Mexico and live on further South and take some illegals with you.
L Sansone

Newland, NC

#5 Apr 12, 2010
Keep the humble, hard working people who are making it on their own here, illegal or not, and find a place to send those on welfare, food stamps and all the other Cadillac entitlements they think they deserve to receive for years on end. Then we'd see some progress.

Asheville, NC

#6 Apr 12, 2010
Just send the yankee transplants home and you'll have your bases covered. :)
Slingblade

AOL

#7 Apr 12, 2010
Mtnbred wrote:
<quoted text>
That is hateful as hell. Go to Mexico and live on further South and take some illegals with you.
What more would you expect from Ghost Dawg?
James Smith

Asheville, NC

#8 Apr 12, 2010
Is it a mexican joint ?
Puketard

Candler, NC

#9 Apr 12, 2010
James Smith wrote:
Is it a mexican joint ?
No but they'll have mole sauce there.
5Starr

Suffolk, VA

#10 Apr 14, 2010
Im going tell Cecil Bothwell on you!!
Mike H

Asheville, NC

#11 Oct 30, 2010
First, the food is cold slop. Owner is surly and should have opened in a redneck area, rather than West Asheville. Server was incompetent and had save up a fistful of orders before she turned them in. Thus people who arrived after me got food first. The eggs and potatoes were cold and the bacon fatty and undercooked. The order had sat for a while in the window, for sure. No apologies from the goober that runs the place. I ate one bite of the swill and he still charged me. The "servers" were enough to make you lose your appetite alone,unless alcoholic trailer trash over 50 is your bag. If you like great diner food and service, go to the Five Points.
not when I ate there

United States

#13 Oct 30, 2010
Mike, I ate there the other morning, food was great and I am a very picky eater, the waitstaff was excellent and very cordial. The waitress I had was bedroom sexy.

The prices are extremely reasonable and the coffee is good.

Who pissed in your cornflakes before you went there?
Yep

Asheville, NC

#14 Oct 30, 2010
Mike H wrote:
First, the food is cold slop. Owner is surly and should have opened in a redneck area, rather than West Asheville. Server was incompetent and had save up a fistful of orders before she turned them in. Thus people who arrived after me got food first. The eggs and potatoes were cold and the bacon fatty and undercooked. The order had sat for a while in the window, for sure. No apologies from the goober that runs the place. I ate one bite of the swill and he still charged me. The "servers" were enough to make you lose your appetite alone,unless alcoholic trailer trash over 50 is your bag. If you like great diner food and service, go to the Five Points.
does anyone still eat at Five Pts? there's so much better food available.
Carl Cowpen

Hendersonville, NC

#15 Oct 31, 2010
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, you own the place?
admit it fisher

United States

#16 Oct 31, 2010
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too afraid to go to 5 points for fear a certain patron will hand you your azz in the parking lot!
Phewwwwwwww

Candler, NC

#17 Oct 31, 2010
admit it fisher wrote:
<quoted text>You're too afraid to go to 5 points for fear a certain patron will hand you your azz in the parking lot!
Fee Fie Foe Fum. I smell a runtlet bum.
Pepe and Jose

United States

#18 Oct 31, 2010
Phewwwwwwww wrote:
<quoted text>
Fee Fie Foe Fum. I smell a runtlet bum.
Who you smell? Buncy?
Pepe and jose

Asheville, NC

#19 Oct 31, 2010
Pepe and Jose wrote:
<quoted text>Who you smell? Buncy?
LOOK Pepe! We have a troll. Yippie Jose... "they like us".
Nobody

Asheville, NC

#20 Oct 13, 2011
5 points is expensive and not that great. the owner is very rude and hateful
doritz

Asheville, NC

#21 Aug 31, 2013
negativity puts the human race down.can't we just eat,enjoy, and move on with a productive life? i love food and admire wait staff. that's the hardest job that i ever held-----even harder than climbing poles in the dead of winter to provide a dial tone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Forks: 9 marvellous things for this long we... Sat JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 1
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) Sat Hinakhan 9,022
News Dining Detour: Restaurants near Nassau Coliseum (Jan '09) Fri Joan 12
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... Fri Fart news 689
evening under the stars Fri Mona Day 1
News From ice cream to condos and townhouses, develo... Fri Mark K 1
News Fluoridation and GMOs: Interview with ConnFACT ... Fri Get rid of it 1
More from around the web