Not lovin' it; Fast food employees across the country strike for higher wages

Aug 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Post

Fast-food protests are underway in cities including New York, Chicago and Detroit, with organizers expecting the biggest national walkouts yet in a demand for higher wages.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of50
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Eleanor

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
A fair wage for fast food workers is already being paid. Those jobs are supposed to be entry level jobs for young adults. You can't make a career out of them.$15 an hour is a joke. Like many of our Union workers, they would price themselves out of jobs all together.
Yes. They will price themselves out of jobs.

The Hostess Twinkee makers learned that lesson the hard way. They went on strike and they ALL lost their jobs.

When another party bought the company it re-opened for NON-UNION workers (and NO ONE is complaining). The new workers are grateful to have jobs.

Apparently these McD workers can't grasp the concept that THEY TOO could EASILY BE REPLACED and have no job to complain about.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. They will price themselves out of jobs.
The Hostess Twinkee makers learned that lesson the hard way. They went on strike and they ALL lost their jobs.
When another party bought the company it re-opened for NON-UNION workers (and NO ONE is complaining). The new workers are grateful to have jobs.
Apparently these McD workers can't grasp the concept that THEY TOO could EASILY BE REPLACED and have no job to complain about.
where as i am not a union supporter in any way, it was most certainly not just the union's fault in the Hostess case. that company was totally mismanaged for decades, no re-branding to keep up with changing markets or dietary trends, they had already filed for bankruptcy or debt re-structuring or whatever a while back and the workers had taken pay cuts.

this was a poorly run outfit, regardless of union involvement...
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Do you really believe the protesters are fast food workers? You are delusional. They are rent a mobs from the Unions who will make 10s of millions of dollars in new Union dues when they Unionize these pitiful people. They are not there to help the poor works at all.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>Here's an idea! Let's quadruple the cost of HIV/AIDS medications. I'm not queer, so I don't get the virus.
millions more heterosexuals get HIV than do homosexuals. in fact, in nations where it runs most rampant, it is almost exclusively a heterosexual disease....facts are fun!
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Not when you make the facts up. There are millions more homosexuals in America with aids then there are heterosexuals. If you add in the African aids patients it might add a lot of heterosexuals, but we should concern ourselves with our own.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Distribute coupons for food with the termination notices.
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
You could train a monkey to do the work these people do in those fast food places. Their work is not worth $5. an hour, much less $15. I am for boycotting the fast food places until they have to lay off half these ungrateful wretches then they will settle down, shut up, and do their work. There are plenty of people unemployed who would love their jobs, and be grateful for the work. Fire all of them, and start all over!!
you are right Cat, these people have jobs others wouldn't mind having especially now that school & colleges have opened and the kids NEED THAT EXTRA MONEY. These places should do what Reagan did to the air controllers years back. These people CAN BE EASILY REPLACED. Seven dollars an hr is ok for anyone WHO MAY HAVE NO JOB at all.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Here's an idea! Let's quadruple the cost of HIV/AIDS medications. I'm not queer, so I don't get the virus.
You should tell that to the millions of HIV positive heterosexuals....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
<quoted text> you are right Cat, these people have jobs others wouldn't mind having especially now that school & colleges have opened and the kids NEED THAT EXTRA MONEY. These places should do what Reagan did to the air controllers years back. These people CAN BE EASILY REPLACED. Seven dollars an hr is ok for anyone WHO MAY HAVE NO JOB at all.
After legal immigration is dismantled, bigBusiness gets the cheap labor and those striking workers go on welfare.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Not when you make the facts up. There are millions more homosexuals in America with aids then there are heterosexuals. If you add in the African aids patients it might add a lot of heterosexuals, but we should concern ourselves with our own.
i didn't make up any facts. they wouldn't be facts then...

i see once again you failed to provide evidence for calling my post incorrect...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Are the Kenyans striking their fast food places too? If you queers that infest the United States were bopping monkeys, I'd say you were right. But here in the good old US, it's the sweet boys that get the virus, from each other.
you seem fascinated with homosexuals...anything you wish to tell us about that?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I have to keep you fellows in line. I call 'em like I see 'em.
it would appear more like you have some unmet fascination with gay men...it is really quite apparent to all but you it seems...

you really should seek some counseling about it, denying who you really are is unhealthy. just look at your own posts, for fucks sake, those are not the wanderings of a healthy mind...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>A lot of you queers hate when folks describe the nasty shit you do to each other. I simply confront you with the truth, and it hurts like a mother, don't it?
the fact that i am not gay, and the fact that you described a sex act performed by millions more heterosexuals than homosexuals proves my point for me that you are unable to deal with real world facts...

thanx for pointing out how incredibly stupid you are...
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Do you really believe the protesters are fast food workers? You are delusional. They are rent a mobs from the Unions who will make 10s of millions of dollars in new Union dues when they Unionize these pitiful people. They are not there to help the poor works at all.
I do believe you might be right and are getting paid off to protest! THESE ARE BIG PROBLEMS that our citizens are facing and what is the dick in the WH house focusing on? I say let the Syrians work it out on their own and CONCENTRATE on our own problems, working at UNITING OUR PEOPLE of ALL RACES not dividing the country, as MLK would have done.
bob

Appleton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

hope and change has worked very well says Obama alias berry
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Americans will never be united. There are too many cultures working against each other. Do you really want to be united with the people who reside in the ghettos in all our major cities? I guarantee they don't want any part of you. They have their own culture. Another baby was shot yesterday. This time it was killed to send a message to his father, or his uncle. They haven't made the connection for sure, but it is a possibility. They have no respect for life.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Americans will never be united. There are too many cultures working against each other. Do you really want to be united with the people who reside in the ghettos in all our major cities? I guarantee they don't want any part of you. They have their own culture. Another baby was shot yesterday. This time it was killed to send a message to his father, or his uncle. They haven't made the connection for sure, but it is a possibility. They have no respect for life.
The whole "ghetto" and "they" comments show why there is division. You Nazi far righter KKK types are filthy scum and no one cares what you TRAITORS say.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

The WH wants the nation in a 'jobs program' administered by his friends.
Eleanor

Buffalo Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole "ghetto" and "they" comments show why there is division. You Nazi far righter KKK types are filthy scum and no one cares what you TRAITORS say.
Likewise to you!
Cat74

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

You proved my point. No matter how primitive those people act, teenagers killing each other every weekend, you still won't say it is wrong. You are aiding, and abetting that kind of Jungle Mentality

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of50
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 2 hr crazy 4 stuff 7,820
McDonald's, KFC operations in China affected by... 3 hr MatrixDecoder 3
MSU Gets Anonymous $1 Million Gift For Gay Center 5 hr Christaliban 7
Gordon Ramsay stars in - MasterChef,' - Hotel H... 7 hr Bloodonhishands 1
Vacaville sessions show how to preserve summer ... 12 hr Birds Landing Bob 2
Papa's Favorite Poison 16 hr John Grimbaldsun 1
7 things to know about epilepsy 16 hr Trash Science 1
•••
•••