Not lovin' it; Fast food employees across the country strike for higher wages

Aug 29, 2013 Full story: New York Post 50

Fast-food protests are underway in cities including New York, Chicago and Detroit, with organizers expecting the biggest national walkouts yet in a demand for higher wages.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#1 Aug 29, 2013
Who eats at fast food places??

The rich??

Nope! Mostly people who have neither the time or the money to prepare a DECENT, HEALTHY meal.

These people are only hurting themselves AND the people who buy all that greasy, salty food in a bag.
TedsLiver

Sunnyvale, CA

#2 Aug 29, 2013
Just wait until Obama passes immagration reform. There will be plenty of people coming across the border to take these fast food jobs at even lower pay.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Aug 29, 2013
TedsLiver wrote:
Just wait until Obama passes immagration reform. There will be plenty of people coming across the border to take these fast food jobs at even lower pay.
there's plenty already here, bet their lining up for these loser jobs. se habla espanol for your next big mac

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4 Aug 29, 2013
Fire them and hire people grateful to have any job.
It's a catastrophe out there and these idiots think they are the stinking rotten UAW??????
What a joke.
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

#5 Aug 29, 2013
They have a right to organize.They also have a right to be unemployed.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#6 Aug 29, 2013
The issue with fast food such as burgers is that the premium sandwiches many times do not look anything like what you see in commercials. I know, they are props in commercials. But for the cost you gotta have the pizzazz. The value or dollar menus are better deals and Mcdonalds McDouble is one of the best deals going that is constant. A quarter pounder not made well costs three times as much or close to it. But even if it is considered entry level, these are still honorable jobs that takes a lot of criticism.
Adale

Worcester, MA

#7 Aug 29, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
The rich??
Nope! Mostly people who have neither the time or the money to prepare a DECENT, HEALTHY meal.
These people are only hurting themselves AND the people who buy all that greasy, salty food in a bag.
Correct, but not just fast food joints, America is in love with fat and from what I see In the work place and out in public there is a major sickness in this country.
I feel like a midget standing next to these people, and theres nothing pretty about them.

It's just as bad as being an alcoholic or drug addict.
The health care cost related to this
fad is our worst nightmare that will
destroy this nation.

But who cares, just go on talking bad about other peoples bad habits and ignore your own.
I prefer a smoker than a 400 lb cow.
Adale

Worcester, MA

#8 Aug 29, 2013
There is no value in a value meal at MD.your an adult and still eating this crap.
Buck Splatterson

Monessen, PA

#10 Aug 29, 2013
Eighthman wrote:
Fire them and hire people grateful to have any job.
It's a catastrophe out there and these idiots think they are the stinking rotten UAW??????
What a joke.
Most of these maggots who work at these fast food greasy spoons are worth about 25 cents a day.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#11 Aug 29, 2013
You could train a monkey to do the work these people do in those fast food places. Their work is not worth $5. an hour, much less $15. I am for boycotting the fast food places until they have to lay off half these ungrateful wretches then they will settle down, shut up, and do their work. There are plenty of people unemployed who would love their jobs, and be grateful for the work. Fire all of them, and start all over!!

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#12 Aug 29, 2013
Good!
Put all the fast food chins out of business.
Buy and eat healthy food.
We all cam afford it.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#13 Aug 29, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
The rich??
decent, healthy meals actually cost less than fast food. by far....

the myth that unhealthy food is cheap has been busted time and time again. it is actually cheaper to eat real, healthy food.(preparing it may cut into your TV viewing time, so set your priorities out from the start...)

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#14 Aug 29, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>decent, healthy meals actually cost less than fast food. by far....
the myth that unhealthy food is cheap has been busted time and time again. it is actually cheaper to eat real, healthy food.(preparing it may cut into your TV viewing time, so set your priorities out from the start...)
It really pains me to agree.

I swore off fast food 20+ years ago.

I spend an average of $75 a week and eat "high on the hog" meals.

My idea of convenience foods is a frozen pizza. No boxed dinners, no Hamburgler Helper. I don't even use the flavor packet that comes in Ramen noodles. I use my own seasonings.

Have to agree on the TV times too. I rarely ever turn mine on before 7 PM. The new generation is lost without their smart phones, wide screen TV's, facebook and Tweeter.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#15 Aug 29, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
It really pains me to agree.
I swore off fast food 20+ years ago.
I spend an average of $75 a week and eat "high on the hog" meals.
My idea of convenience foods is a frozen pizza. No boxed dinners, no Hamburgler Helper. I don't even use the flavor packet that comes in Ramen noodles. I use my own seasonings.
Have to agree on the TV times too. I rarely ever turn mine on before 7 PM. The new generation is lost without their smart phones, wide screen TV's, facebook and Tweeter.
you should get rid of your TV altogether.....best move we ever made.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#16 Aug 30, 2013
Maybe Obama will give them all jobs as Moochelle's groomers.
She spends more on butt wrinkle cream than any of them make in a thousand years.
Just give them all mops and 5 gallon buckets of wrinkle cream and let them have at it.
It's a big job but I know Americans can get it done.
We built the Hoover Dam after all.
bob

Milwaukee, WI

#17 Aug 30, 2013
fire all of obaaaamas people7080
sinic

Kerrville, TX

#18 Aug 30, 2013
Read the article for an interesting look at 'poverty'. The premise that 'those people' ought to be more responsible is, in effect, treated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...

Those of you opposing increased wages; please consider that you, the taxpayer, subsidize employers paying low wages and the workers via programs like foodstamps and tax loopholes like the earned income tax credit. Of course the companies deserve the money, you don't need lower taxes yourself. So much for a 'free' labor market.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#19 Aug 30, 2013
They can demand $50/hr for all I care. I don't eat fast food.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#20 Aug 30, 2013
A fair wage for fast food workers is already being paid. Those jobs are supposed to be entry level jobs for young adults. You can't make a career out of them. $15 an hour is a joke. Like many of our Union workers, they would price themselves out of jobs all together.
conservative crapola

Matawan, NJ

#21 Aug 30, 2013
Wait till millions more mexicans swarm across the border under amnesty eager to work at a fast food restaurant. The American fast food workers will have nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Foods Russians May Miss Thanks to Putin's Ban 1 hr NAZI RUSSIA 299
Who thinks KFC sucks (Aug '07) 3 hr Mark 9
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 4 hr All things clay 8,342
Peter Lyons: Election is over, fire up the barbie 11 hr kiwis are pond scum 1
Crew makes 1,126-pound bowl of Hawaii rice dish 15 hr Holy Guacamole 1
Paula Deen serves up another racism-scandal apo... 18 hr Harrisson 57
Man infested with tapeworms after eating sushi 20 hr barelyable2 3

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE