Who Will Pick Our Produce?

Who Will Pick Our Produce?

There are 92 comments on the Supermarket Guru story from Aug 26, 2013, titled Who Will Pick Our Produce?. In it, Supermarket Guru reports that:

Take a drive up the 101 Freeway North in California, and you'll notice something striking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Supermarket Guru.

Dee Dee Dee

Coopersburg, PA

#69 Sep 5, 2013
spud wrote:
You illegal alien lovers have no idea how us gringos can pick. I just got done doing some picking and there isn't a Mexican alive that can stay with me on a pick. There isn't a Mexican that can stay with me on the shovel either. Mexicans are way overrated when it comes to working. They're just cheap and easy to exploit.
Just look at any construction site that hires illegals, There will be twice to three times the number of people on site because they work much slower than Americans. Of course since they work for half the money and without the additional overhead that legitimate employers have to pay for hiring legal workers, taxes, workman's compensation, worker grievances, etc. they actually cost about one third.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#70 Sep 5, 2013
stopracismagainst wrote:
<quoted text>

Hispanics are somewhere near blacks in high school diplomas.
Hispanic Youth Dropping Out of U.S. Schools

High school dropout rates are a key performance measure for the American
education system. This report shows that the standard method for calculating
the dropout rate leads to a distorted picture of the status of Hispanic
students in U.S. schools.

In recent years an influx of young immigrants, who left school before coming
to the United States, has swollen the ranks of those counted as Hispanic
dropouts. Those youth present long-term policy challenges in language and
employment training, but their level of school completion does not reflect
the quality of U.S. schools or of Latino achievement in those schools.
Rather their presence reflects immigration and labor force trends.

Focusing on data for Hispanics who have dropped out of U.S. schools before
completing high school reveals a problem that is quite grave and that has
serious long-term implications for the education system, Latino communities
and the nation as a whole. However, the numbers in the report show that the
problem is not as bad as is commonly thought. Counting only Latinos who
dropped out after engaging the American education system yields a rate of
about 15 percent among 16- to 19-year-olds. That is good news. The bad news
is that this dropout rate is twice as high as the dropout rate for
comparable non-Hispanic whites. Further on the positive side, this report
finds that the dropout rate for Latinos in U.S. schools is improving as it
has been for non-Latinos.

http://pewhispanic.org/reports/report.php...
Kevin

Richmond, CA

#71 Sep 5, 2013
To all of you, no matter what what we are and who we are, we must be good at all kinds of situation to others. It's doesnt matter we are US citizens or illegal workers, we must respect ourselves to each other. As long as we don't hurt anyone is just fine. We are all human beings, rich or poor, illegals or legal, it doesn't matter who we are, we are in Gods people in this world. I hope we have more understanding of lives rather than who we are. People harvesting in farm because they want to feed their family, they have a right to be who we are no matter what. We must be loving not greedy, we must be compassionate in some aspects of lives. We are people who will be dying in the future, so we must be good at all times not because some pride reasons of who we are or what we have. I hope people will understand this articles and open their minds. I cannot say details here, but that's my short opinion.
Kasey

Columbia, MO

#72 Sep 5, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Just look at any construction site that hires illegals, There will be twice to three times the number of people on site because they work much slower than Americans. Of course since they work for half the money and without the additional overhead that legitimate employers have to pay for hiring legal workers, taxes, workman's compensation, worker grievances, etc. they actually cost about one third.
You forgot the mention the shoddy work that illegals do that will fall apart within 1-3 years.
Kasey

Columbia, MO

#73 Sep 5, 2013
Yes....and we must follow the laws of whatever country, city, state, or nation that we are in. We cannot expect to do wrong and everything is okay. We cannot expect to take the food out of our babies mouths so that they starve while others feast on our backs. We must keep everything in perspective. Right is right and wrong is still wrong.

#74 Sep 6, 2013
Ned Kelly wrote:
<quoted text> You better believe they will let it rot i have seen that very thing in California, you can not produce in the USA cheaper than you can import, that is the reason you have increase in imports, we are getting such a demand here in the Philippines we cannot keep up bananas alone 3000 tons a month, a banana worker makes about $4.00 a day and happy to have the work, raise the wage to $7.00 and see what the cost will be for a lb of bananas in the USA
My family and I spent 2 years in the Philippines and never ate a Banana.
spud

Weatherly, PA

#75 Sep 6, 2013
Ned Kelly wrote:
<quoted text> If they raised the wages you would not buy the products to costly, they can import everything for a lot less
Try to import a Jersey tomato or some California wine.

#77 Sep 8, 2013
Kevin wrote:
To all of you, no matter what what we are and who we are, we must be good at all kinds of situation to others.

It's doesnt matter we are US citizens or illegal workers, we must respect ourselves to each other.

As long as we don't hurt anyone is just fine.

We are all human beings, rich or poor, illegals or legal, it doesn't matter who we are, we are in Gods people in this world.

I hope we have more understanding of lives rather than who we are.

People harvesting in farm because they want to feed their family, they have a right to be who we are no matter what.

We must be loving not greedy, we must be compassionate in some aspects of lives. We are people who will be dying in the future, so we must be good at all times not because some pride reasons of who we are or what we have.

I hope people will understand this articles and open their minds.

I cannot say details here, but that's my short opinion.
And my opinion is we have 11 million illegal aliens that have said F*CK you the Unites States Immigration Laws, which is unfair to the millions of immigrants waiting in their own country to enter here the "LEGAL" way!

As for their "Respect"

Police Watch as SB1070 Illegal alien supporters desecrate US Flag during
National Anthem

RIOT! Anarcho-Fascists Trash Santa Cruz

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

"You Are White, You Don't Belong in America" - Brown Berets at All-Star Game

Why are they carrying the MEXICAN flag?
Los Brown Berets de Aztlan

US Flag desecration - Montbello High School, Maywood P.O.

Illegal Aliens Gang Rape Girl For 2 Days

Brenda besson

United States

#78 Sep 8, 2013
Let the dreamers pick,until we get those new machines,then everyone get out.you wont be living here much longer.
tomin cali

Fresno, CA

#79 Sep 8, 2013
the excuses for illegal aliens is running dry.
right now we are perfecting machines that can plant and thin crops,clearing out the so called fake need.
guest workers are no longer going to be needed for any reason.it should have stopped the day anchors started to be used. when they do not leave the day the crop is done they need to be removed by force as should all legal and illegals who are pregnant to the spot.
Brenda besson

United States

#80 Sep 8, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
the excuses for illegal aliens is running dry.
right now we are perfecting machines that can plant and thin crops,clearing out the so called fake need.
guest workers are no longer going to be needed for any reason.it should have stopped the day anchors started to be used. when they do not leave the day the crop is done they need to be removed by force as should all legal and illegals who are pregnant to the spot.
amen
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#81 Sep 8, 2013
Kasey wrote:
Yes....and we must follow the laws of whatever country, city, state, or nation that we are in. We cannot expect to do wrong and everything is okay. We cannot expect to take the food out of our babies mouths so that they starve while others feast on our backs. We must keep everything in perspective. Right is right and wrong is still wrong.
I worked on a 12 man crew building houses in Texas from the ground up. We never had compliants about our work.
CRIMMIGRANTS

United States

#82 Sep 8, 2013
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked on a 12 man crew building houses in Texas from the ground up. We never had compliants about our work.
More lies.
Shut up... you filthy s pic.
fresh

Secaucus, NJ

#83 Sep 8, 2013
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a worthless piece of shit!!!!
We know that!
Brenda besson

United States

#84 Sep 8, 2013
fresh wrote:
<quoted text>We know that!
lol
Harry Kane Katrina

Orlando, FL

#85 Sep 8, 2013
fresh wrote:
<quoted text>We know that!
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
spud

Weatherly, PA

#86 Sep 8, 2013
Gringo pickers are faster and cleaner than illegal aliens. They don't poop on the lettuce and strawberries either.
Hector Ramirez

Denver, CO

#87 Sep 8, 2013
spud wrote:
Gringo pickers are faster and cleaner than illegal aliens. They don't poop on the lettuce and strawberries either.
I pooped in your mom's mouth 9 months before you were born. Coincidence?
CRIMMIGRANTS

United States

#88 Sep 8, 2013
Hector Ramirez wrote:
<quoted text>I pooped in your mom's mouth 9 months before you were born. Coincidence?
Shut up you filthy spi c.

#89 Sep 10, 2013
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>

How could anyone complain when you build their houses in Texas,then moved to Florida!

You building houses in Florida now? lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Historically correct recipes 3 hr Marybeth 2
News Food for thought: Why some of us believe a sust... 5 hr Ontario Farmer 1
News Farm-to-plate restaurant to set up shop in Quak... 15 hr LCB 15
News Food stamp cuts would hit Wabash Valley hard Fri Dan 61
News The pub life in Kailua - Features (Feb '09) Thu beebee 5
News Honey Boo Boo's diet now a serious study by uni... (Oct '12) Thu Tex-Ankini 7
plan check Thu Mona Day 1
More from around the web