Who Will Pick Our Produce?

Aug 26, 2013 Full story: Supermarket Guru 92

Take a drive up the 101 Freeway North in California, and you'll notice something striking.

Full Story
spud

Bangor, PA

#45 Aug 28, 2013
Well it's not gonna be Boehner or the rest of the neocon idiots that solves this problem, it's not gonna be the Democrats brcause they, like Repubs, like slaves. They also disdain work. This should be an entry level job for Americans but the slave lobby doesn't want that. Democrats and Republicans both support this BS
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#46 Aug 28, 2013
Responsible wrote:
Why not just enslave all illegals for 4 or 5 generation like the agricultural industry did with blacks? After a few hundred years they can be granted freedom then be exploited for a few generations before being granted civil rights. Let them take the same path for a few hundred years as blacks did before they can be treated as citizens.
How about NO!!!!! illegals have their own country and were not brought here they need to go back to their country to live and work.
spud

Bangor, PA

#47 Aug 28, 2013
Ned Kelly wrote:
<quoted text> If they raised the wages you would not buy the products to costly, they can import everything for a lot less
Incorrect. If they raised wages the companies would still have to charge a price that the consumer was willing to pay. If they charge too much, trying to recoup their increased labor costs, and people weren't willing to pay that price, they would have to lower their prices, This is what illegal alien slave labor does. It distorts the free market. Do you really think that employers would let their crops rot on the vine just because they couldn't keep their slave labor?

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#48 Aug 28, 2013
The Safety of Imported Foods
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/01/opinion/the...
Some 15 percent of the food Americans eat is imported, more than double what it was a decade ago. That includes 50 percent of the fresh fruit and 20 percent of the fresh vegetables. The F.D.A. is able to inspect only a tiny percentage of these imports, less than 2 percent, at the point of entry.

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#51 Aug 28, 2013
I think you type 2 pigs need to get out there and pick the food, and dont eat it all. You're not at the trough.
spud

Bangor, PA

#52 Aug 29, 2013
Ned Kelly wrote:
<quoted text> You better believe they will let it rot i have seen that very thing in California, you can not produce in the USA cheaper than you can import, that is the reason you have increase in imports, we are getting such a demand here in the Philippines we cannot keep up bananas alone 3000 tons a month, a banana worker makes about $4.00 a day and happy to have the work, raise the wage to $7.00 and see what the cost will be for a lb of bananas in the USA
Let them raise the price of bananas and see what happens. It's not like people can't live without bananas. The free market and competition are the best way to regulate prices but our government is doing everything it can to destroy the free market. From printing money and bailing out favored businesses to passing ridiculous free trade agreements and treating illegal aliens better than US citizens, our government has made it obvious that they are run by big money interests. There needs to be more concern for our country and the middle class.
Juan Too

United States

#53 Aug 29, 2013
Roger_Wilco wrote:
Who wants to eat a head of lettuce after a Mexican urinates on it? That's what you are buying in the supermarket. Produce that has been picked by hand by a Mexican who urinates and defecates right there in the field. They might not get any pee splatter on that head of lettuce but they sure as h@!! didn't wash those stinking hands of theirs after they relieved themselves. They didn't even use any toilet paper. They just relieve themselves right there in the field and keep on picking produce. Why do you think that the women out there in the fields have a skirt on over their pants? It's so they can drop their britches, squat and pee or poop and not expose themselves. The skirt also gives them something to wipe themselves with before going back to picking.
Think of that the next time you're shopping for a head of lettuce!
Mexicans have known this since the 50's, guey. Why do you think we squirt lemon juice on our salads before we eat it.
ronnie

Richmond, UT

#54 Aug 29, 2013
Juan Too wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexicans have known this since the 50's, guey. Why do you think we squirt lemon juice on our salads before we eat it.
We know that recent diseases that are prevalent here now came from the filth moving in. And I've never eaten any vegetable in my life that I didn't spritz with vinegar and rinse first. Apples and Oranges we use biodegradable soap..... Cucumbers must be scrubbed and peeled...And for gods sake don't eat lettuce at a buffet....

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#55 Aug 31, 2013
Responsible wrote:
<quoted text>
Have as much sex and breed as much as you want just stop demanding that those of us who work and pay taxes support you and your children. Obviously you do not care about the children you produce or who and what you produce them with, but don't expect responsible people who care about their children to sacrifice their children's futures because you want to live and breed like ignorant uncaring animals.
Amen, the turth can be a hard pill for some to take.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#56 Aug 31, 2013
There is less than 1 million migrant farm workers.

The farmers can grow easier crops or pay more.

Cheapskates are causing the jobs magnet and Americans to be killed by Dreamers.

A few of them pay a premium for foreign workers.

Steve King 2010 had a great opening statement:

The thought that comes to mind as I listened to your
opening statement is I wonder how the Eskimos got along all
those centuries without fresh fruit and vegetables if it is a
national security issue.
However, before we start the testimony from the panel, I
would like to focus my remarks on protecting American workers.
Illegal immigration, the lack of enforcement of our
immigration laws and today's jobs depression have formed a
perfect storm for hurting Americans. The most important duty of
this Subcommittee is that we ensure our Nation's immigration
policy lifts up Americans, not holds them down.
I find it hard to understand why some people carelessly
claim that Americans won't do hard work. I find this claim
insulting, as I am sure most hard-working Americans do. It is
most insulting to those brave American soldiers who voluntarily
risk their lives to defend our freedom and way of life every
day, the men and women who take on terrorists in Iraq and
Afghanistan, who trek for miles across the desert with 70 or
more pounds of gear in 100-plus degree temperatures for about
$8.09 an hour, and that includes the Marines.
Make we should be spending less time watching Comedy
Central and more time considering all the real jobs that are
out there, ones that require real hard labor and don't involve
sifting behind a desk. If we did, we would realize that every
day, American workers perform the dirtiest, most difficult,
most dangerous jobs that can be thrown at them, from crab
fishermen who venture out into some of the most roughest and
most dangerous waters in the world, to the Joe the Plumbers of
the world who many days would prefer the aroma of fresh dirt to
that of the sewage from American elitists who disparage them
even as they flush. These are real Americans doing real jobs,
tasks that simply must get done.
When American workers are treated with respect and paid for
the labor, they will do any job and they will outwork anyone on
earth. America's spirit is hard-working, and so are the people
that comprise this great Nation.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#57 Aug 31, 2013
Juan wrote:
The undocumented worker has so many more skills than most Americans. Your future doctors, lawyers, teachers will be Hispanics.
Hispanics are somewhere near blacks in high school diplomas.
CRIMMIGRANTS

Danbury, CT

#58 Aug 31, 2013
Deport everyone darker than a brown paper bag!
Stevie Parolini

Crownsville, MD

#60 Sep 2, 2013
the best free on line dating website ever!! send and receive messages, flirts, and video chat all for free!! check this one out. http://tinyurl.com/l4cq7oa
Bunny Cabreja

Crownsville, MD

#61 Sep 2, 2013
the best free on line dating website ever!! send and receive messages, flirts, and video chat all for free!! check this one out. http://tinyurl.com/keypmsq
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#63 Sep 4, 2013
The future of America is dependent on the Hispanics. We will be tomorrows leaders. The gringo will be the minority.
Holla Isabella

Danielson, CT

#64 Sep 4, 2013
Juan wrote:
The future of America is dependent on the Hispanics. We will be tomorrows leaders. The gringo will be the minority.
Keep dreaming, splc. Call me a gringo, I call you a splc.
ronnie

Riverton, UT

#65 Sep 4, 2013
Juan wrote:
Your culture could not improve your own condition in your Country... The prevalent corruption of your race will prevent your Culture from adding anything to America. We aren't just Gringo's, We're the leaders of the free World dumbo....The Mexicans cannot even keep their own Country's Water and Sewers seperate, and you think the Average IQ of 87 will be this country's future.???? When you all ruin what we started and when you turn this part of the World into the toilet you crawled out of, we'll have this conversation. You don't have what it takes to take over the out houses still standing in Minnesota. Let alone be taken seriously as An American. The proof is in the past. Cortez took your Country over with ease and lot's of booze... Period. Get your Historical Fact's right and then tell me this shit.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#66 Sep 5, 2013
Juan wrote:
Your prediction is totally laughable.
LANDMINE THE BORDER

Danbury, CT

#67 Sep 5, 2013
Juan wrote:
Dream on s hitskin loser.
spud

Dallas, PA

#68 Sep 5, 2013
You illegal alien lovers have no idea how us gringos can pick. I just got done doing some picking and there isn't a Mexican alive that can stay with me on a pick. There isn't a Mexican that can stay with me on the shovel either. Mexicans are way overrated when it comes to working. They're just cheap and easy to exploit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 4 hr crazy 4stuff 8,770
Tim Hortons Shareholders Approve Sale of Compan... 9 hr Tim 1
Oakville high school's breakfast club is for al... 20 hr Ted 1
Dietrich's: potato pancakes, bacon-wrapped brat... 21 hr martheu 1
Mountain Lion Spotted in Backyard Sat Sarah 11
Christmastime a big time for El Paso tamale makers Sat huey goins 1
Project Rebound Inc. hosts 20th annual Kwanzaa ... Sat Will Dockery 1
More from around the web