Who Will Pick Our Produce?

Aug 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Supermarket Guru

Take a drive up the 101 Freeway North in California, and you'll notice something striking.

Comments
1 - 20 of 92 Comments Last updated Sep 12, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
bob

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

You really think we need 11 -30 million illegals to pick our produce???? And what do they do When they are not picking produce ??? Few illegals were ever working on farms . Farms also have machines that pick . Im thinking school kids. just who picked it before the illegals invaded??? They have only been here in mass since 1986 . At that time we only had a few million.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

bob wrote:
You really think we need 11 -30 million illegals to pick our produce???? And what do they do When they are not picking produce ??? Few illegals were ever working on farms . Farms also have machines that pick . Im thinking school kids. just who picked it before the illegals invaded??? They have only been here in mass since 1986 . At that time we only had a few million.
We don't. The employers have a number of "guest worker" programs for AG jobs. They come, they pick, and like any guest they leave.
Holla Isabella

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Guest worker programs are all bullshit. The damned farmers won't make the capital investment to buy the proper machines and use we tbacks instead, just like slaves. There are machines that can do anything a we tback can do...picking, planting, sorting, even separating chicken parts, but they are expensive.(Allow me to restate my comment about machines doing anything a tback can do: they are still working on developing machines that can lie, cheat and steal a well a they do, also drive drunk and kill innocent Americans.) In Holland, where I once lived, they use American-built machines in the fields. Not a we tback in sight. We need to round up and deport these vile vermin. They literally are USELESS. Don't believe me? Why is the Mexican government allowing them to leave if they have ANY value at all?
Brenda besson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Boycott it no one will need to pick it,dont go on facebook,dont shop at.wallmart,dont do anything that helps these people have a job,make the big corporations lose money.cook your own food dont go to fast food places,grow your own vegtables.lol that how you do it,retaliate.they will sing a new tune.obama will be impeached.
bob

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Brenda besson wrote:
Boycott it no one will need to pick it,dont go on facebook,dont shop at.wallmart,dont do anything that helps these people have a job,make the big corporations lose money.cook your own food dont go to fast food places,grow your own vegtables.lol that how you do it,retaliate.they will sing a new tune.obama will be impeached.
Farmers market , go to farms that will let you pick your own . Grow your own. Americans used to work in the city and have farms at home in the country . Money and food . Now we have to pay for everything . Price goes up. Many resterants have their own farmers so they have foods made the way the want . ie Mac Donalds don't buy food there . Its gross.
bob

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
I only use dobie jizz for salad dressing and thats it !
To each his own . LOL!!!!!! That's house brand in Mexico . They cant get enough .
LANDMINE THE BORDER

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Who?
The same people who picked produce b4 the illegal skum showed up.
spud

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Maybe, instead of letting their crops rot, they should raise the wages for their workers and give Americans those jobs. This is all about slave labor for these farmers. If they would pay a wage that a person can support himself on and they would get plenty of workers. Anyway, I'm sick of paying for their slaves housing, food, medicine and education, just to mention a few things.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

The apple farmers that have orchards where I live just put an add in the paper recently for pickers for the fall crop. Where I live a job's a job for most people that don't have one and that's lots of local people. The apples always seem to make it to the markets so I guess someone is picking them.
bob

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Ga Girl 56 wrote:
The apple farmers that have orchards where I live just put an add in the paper recently for pickers for the fall crop. Where I live a job's a job for most people that don't have one and that's lots of local people. The apples always seem to make it to the markets so I guess someone is picking them.
People like that . Farm fresh for canning and juice .
Brenda besson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

bob wrote:
<quoted text>People like that . Farm fresh for canning and juice .
impeach obama,get it peach lol
bob

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text> impeach obama,get it peach lol
Throw peaches at abumbo ???? I like it .

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Excessive rains rotting crops in Southeastern U.S.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5759664...
On Thursday, just one conveyor belt was in use. Usually there are four. A food economist told us shoppers can expect fruit and vegetable prices to be at least 10 percent higher in the fall.

"We're here to make money -- all of us," Wilcher said. "The workers you see here, the truck drivers hauling this stuff out of here ...it affects everybody."
bob

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Agents of Corruption wrote:
Excessive rains rotting crops in Southeastern U.S.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5759664...
On Thursday, just one conveyor belt was in use. Usually there are four. A food economist told us shoppers can expect fruit and vegetable prices to be at least 10 percent higher in the fall.
"We're here to make money -- all of us," Wilcher said. "The workers you see here, the truck drivers hauling this stuff out of here ...it affects everybody."
Buy local .
ronnie

Washington, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

I grow the produce I enjoy. I will pay 50 cent's more for a head of lettuce rather than pay more money for my healthcare premiums so illegals can enjoy free healthcare. Today an illegal in Utah that had been deported was arraigned for killing a newlywed in Orem Utah. She was sitting on her driveway and a drunk driver illegal hit her and killed her.... We keep this up and we won't need produce. The real pickers are sponsored by farms and receive temporary work visa's too pic cops. Mexicans don't want to pick anything anymore, they've learned our system of welfare freebies and run drug's while collecting EBT and welfare for anchors.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Holla Isabella wrote:
Guest worker programs are all bullshit. The damned farmers won't make the capital investment to buy the proper machines and use we tbacks instead, just like slaves. There are machines that can do anything a we tback can do...picking, planting, sorting, even separating chicken parts, but they are expensive.(Allow me to restate my comment about machines doing anything a tback can do: they are still working on developing machines that can lie, cheat and steal a well a they do, also drive drunk and kill innocent Americans.) In Holland, where I once lived, they use American-built machines in the fields. Not a we tback in sight. We need to round up and deport these vile vermin. They literally are USELESS. Don't believe me? Why is the Mexican government allowing them to leave if they have ANY value at all?
Most of the equipment your talking about cost thousands, and thousands of dollars, farmers don't have that kind of money, plus the undocumented is more dependable than any equipment and the farmer gets more produce per acre using the undocumented.
chicagonut

Banning, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the equipment your talking about cost thousands, and thousands of dollars, farmers don't have that kind of money, plus the undocumented is more dependable than any equipment and the
farmer gets more produce per acre using the undocumented.

What the hell is an undocumented? You must have meant illegal aliens. Doesn't matter the farmers nor any other employers have the right to hire ILLEGAL ALIENS. It is against the law!!
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

The undocumented worker has so many more skills than most Americans. Your future doctors, lawyers, teachers will be Hispanics.
chicagonut

Banning, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Juan wrote:
The undocumented worker has so many more skills than most Americans. Your future doctors, lawyers, teachers will be Hispanics.
They aren't undocumented they are illegal aliens. Get that thru your thick skull! Quit trying to sugar coat it. You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig!

Yeah, sure these millions of unskilled, poor and uneducated with a 2nd grade education are going to be our future doctors, lawyers, etc. Who do you think you are kidding? They have more skills than Americans? Is this some kind of joke? Get the hell out of my country you invader!
Holla Isabella

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Juan wrote:
And when I need a lawyer our doctor, do I have to go to Mexico where his ass had been deported to?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••