Who do you side with in Ferguson?
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#601 Aug 26, 2014
Toby wrote:
So Michael Brown strong armed a box of cigars from a store and bullied and intimidated a small store clerk because his great great grandfather was a slave? He then preceded to walk down the middle of a busy street impeding traffic because the man is prejudiced against him? He then assaulted the officer, grappled with his weapon and then taunted the officer because (the man) is a racist? I hate to say it but that just doesn't fly, some police officers can be total sadist, some are downright dirty and corrupt, but a majority are decent human beings.
When a police officer says anything to me , I answer yes sir and no sir, why, because I'm no idiot. Assaulting an officer and grappling with his weapon is a sure way to get gunned down and it's a tragedy that this young man was killed, and maybe it wasn't justified I wasn't there.
Who connected what Mike Brown did to slavery other than you? Who claimed that he walked in the middle of the street(that part about impeding traffic was BS inputted by you) because the cop was racist?

You werent there but there were three witnesses there. But let me guess, all of a sudden these three witnesses are not reliable huh?
Northern Lights

Austin, TX

#603 Aug 26, 2014
anonymous wrote:
The cop needs to go to jail where he belongs.
The police officer will not go to jail and will not even stand trial. He will probably be no-billed by a grand jury. That will be the end of it.
Baine

Bloomington, IN

#604 Aug 26, 2014
Imperialist wrote:
I side with the Law, clearly several of those protesters broke the Law, so instead of peacefully protesting they decide to riot and loot stores? Now they wonder why innocence people get shot? If you break the Law, you will face the punishment. Race really does not matter in my opinion.
You are, in my humble opinion, quite an Intelligent person, Thank you for a truthful thought provoking no BS post, if there were more people who thought as you do, I believe the world would be a more reasonable place.
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#605 Aug 26, 2014
oopsie wrote:
<quoted text>
White men did NOT go to Africa and hunt your ancestors down and take them to America or Europe and use them as slaves. Please tell me that you know your own people's history. Africans sold their OWN people to the white Europeans. Google it sir/ma'am. Africans also sold Native Americans as well.
Yes they did. And I never said that Africans did not sell their own people into slavery. Just that you cant present that as if that tells the whole story. Europeans captured Africans as well and placed them into slavery. Google that....

Then when you google that, google Rosewood and blackwallstreet and explain to me the "justice" in that. Lets see your bias on display.
Blacktigershark

Kingston, Jamaica

#606 Aug 26, 2014
The point you are missing is that it isn't just about a White guy killing a Black guy...how many times have White people killed Black people in America alone? You see rallies and protests surrounding that in America every time that happens, Toby? Probably not!

The issue is that LAW ENFORCEMENT is killing Blacks. Race ELEVATES the issue of Black people being killed by White law enforcement officers! What also spikes the tension in these issues is the lack of justice meted out against the law enforcement officers that kill Black people, and the dismissive responses that come from people that are always there to judge the Black victim, but lack the objective ability to criticize the law enforcement officer, when the instance calls for it! This is what led to the protests over a videotaped beating of Rodney King!

Next, you will say that you don't understand why people (many Black people, but also other people that are concerned about civil rights, charter rights and amendment rights in America, such as White people, Asian people and European people for examples) are protesting and marching in New York over Eric Garner's death...

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/23/us/new-york...

Somehow, people like you will avoid the REAL issue here, which is extrajudicial force meted against Black victims by law enforcement officers in America, skirting around the bullshit about slavery (which is a non-issue where this topic is concerned), talking about Black-on-Black crime (also a non-issue where this topic is concerned, because we are not just talking about a person killing another person in America, we are SPECIFICALLY ADDRESSING EXTRAJUDICIAL FORCE, ABUSE AND KILLINGS BY THE STATE against Black people), and not seeing that even law enforcement officers are people in America, and in other parts of the world, and IF they do something wrong/criminal, they should suffer at least the same consequence a criminal would suffer for the same crime, if they were made to stand trial for their actions! All people, according to the American constitution, are supposed to be EQUAL, right Toby...or is the American constitution, and the fact that America boasts about being a free nation, nothing but a farce?

Personally, since law enforcement officers are placed in a position of power and responsibility by the state, to maintain law and order, once a law enforcement officer commits a crime, and therefore violates the oath they took to uphold law and order, while enforcing such, my belief is that should be an additional charge that should carry a minimum 2 year sentence for a misdemeanour, 5 year minimum for a felony, and a 25 year minimum for a capital crime, like murder!

Just remember, Toby, any sort of abuse by the state against ordinary citizens is something that we are against...it simply seems to be happening mostly against Black people though in America, in relation to extrajudicial killings...but we are also against extrajudicial force by law enforcement officers too, like in these instances...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/16/otto...

(The prick in the above link should have gotten more time!)

http://o.canada.com/news/red-deer-man-sues-sh...

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/sodomized...

(The victim in that above link should have gotten more than 8.7 million...don't you agree?)
Toby wrote:
I don't understand people crying slavery this and slavery that, if you look at the history of slavery white men didn't create it...slavery is all inclusive of every ethnicity.
Also the fact is that 94% of all black homicides are committed by other blacks, yet they only riot when a white kills a black, seems a bit disingenuous to me.
oopsie

Rock Island, TN

#609 Aug 26, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
No no no. Anytime someone wants to talk about the current state of Native Americans (lets be honest yall are in sad shape as well and have been DISMANTLED from the people yall once were) or Blacks we have to establish the history that this country has made in dealing with them.
If you want to say "get up and improve" then fine. But if you're mentioning the shortcomings of either race, then we also have to address the things that happened that caused these shortcomings. And America's treatment of blacks caused what they see today.And that "they sold their brothers into slavery" spiel isnt going to work here. I havent advocated special treatment. What I brought up is that AMERICA is responsible for the modern day black community. Quit trying to wash your hands of them...
Think of it like this, if I abuse a child during its first 4 years, will that child's growth not be stunted? Will he not be behind others children that didnt face that abuse? Without waiting for you to answer I can say, EXACTLY MY POINT....
I disagree, America is in the bad shape that it is in because of two things. 1. poverty 2. lack of morals that a family instills into a child.

If what you are saying is true, there would be NO successful African Americans in America. They would be too oppressed to function. But the truth is, I know some very happy, and wealthy, and super successful African-Americans. They rose from what their ancestors endured and moved forward without dwelling on the past. They made their own future brighter with education, hard work and determination. They are raising their children to do the same, and they are accomplishing this too!

What I don't understand about any of this is that African Americans go into their OWN neighborhood and loot it and set fire to it and, maybe it's just me, but I just don't see how that helps anything. They are taking from their own people! Explain the logic in that. They preach brotherhood but turn around and sacrifice their own brothers and sisters in the name of justice. I'm not being a smarty pants... it's a legit question/ observation. And using the death of a "brother" as reason to do this. Can someone please explain?
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#610 Aug 26, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the child that is abused will be stunted, but does the child's great great grandchildren also claim abuse for what happened to their great great grandfather? Slavery has existed for thousands of years in about every corner of the Earth, so everyone should be claiming the effects of slavery, if in fact that is what you're proposing. What's enigmatic is that slavery exist today in many parts of Africa, yet we are still being bombarded with the attempted guilt trip onto a generation that knows nothing about slavery, as a mitigating excuse for horrible behavior.
"Yes the child that is abused will be stunted"

So why doesnt this apply to societies as well? There is slavery across the world but we are not talking about across the world. We are talking about HERE. So WHY would 400 years of oppression (well about 400 if we start from 1619) be disregarded when speaking of the current condition? If we ignore the wheel being created, how can we come to understand how the car came to be today? We cant!

You keep speaking about black on black crime and Africa. Thats a deflection. You're not well versed enough to speak on what goes on in Africa, so why try?
oopsie

Rock Island, TN

#612 Aug 26, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they did. And I never said that Africans did not sell their own people into slavery. Just that you cant present that as if that tells the whole story. Europeans captured Africans as well and placed them into slavery. Google that....
Then when you google that, google Rosewood and blackwallstreet and explain to me the "justice" in that. Lets see your bias on display.
I am far from Bias. I am telling you that no matter what the circumstances are or what your ancestors endured... they aren't you! You can rise above it and have the same rights/ freedoms that the rest of the people in America have. You are no longer oppressed. You were never personally a slave and it's highly likely that you never will be.
The devil is a lie

Chicago, IL

#613 Aug 26, 2014
oopsie wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, America is in the bad shape that it is in because of two things. 1. poverty 2. lack of morals that a family instills into a child.
If what you are saying is true, there would be NO successful African Americans in America. They would be too oppressed to function. But the truth is, I know some very happy, and wealthy, and super successful African-Americans. They rose from what their ancestors endured and moved forward without dwelling on the past. They made their own future brighter with education, hard work and determination. They are raising their children to do the same, and they are accomplishing this too!
What I don't understand about any of this is that African Americans go into their OWN neighborhood and loot it and set fire to it and, maybe it's just me, but I just don't see how that helps anything. They are taking from their own people! Explain the logic in that. They preach brotherhood but turn around and sacrifice their own brothers and sisters in the name of justice. I'm not being a smarty pants... it's a legit question/ observation. And using the death of a "brother" as reason to do this. Can someone please explain?
Hold up just a flipping minute. You're supposed to be a NA preaching to blacks about community when reservations across the country are poverty stricken with drug problems and domestic abuse? gtfoh and I don't believe for one second you're 100% native. Most white people in the US claim they're native. lmbao!
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#614 Aug 26, 2014
oopsie wrote:
<quoted text>
Its more than that.
-PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOUR GOV'T IS DOING.
-PAY ATTENTION TO THE LAWS THEY ARE PASSING.
-PAY ATTENTION TO WHO OWNS THE MEDIA AND MOST OF THE PRODUCTS WE BUY AND USE

Where the money, goes well, simply pay attention.
oopsie wrote:
The story of the few doesnt represent the many. EVER
oopsie wrote:
Thats the problem. You dont WANT to understand. You dont WANT to address the situation truthfully and honestly. If you did, then it wouldnt be a hassle for me to get you to address the effects slavery/oppression has had on blacks. Now alot of black communities do not have black businesses thriving (again look up Rosewood and Blackwallstreet for instances of what happens when that comes around). Foreigners (asians and/or arabs) usually come into the communities and start businesses. But they do not use the money to help the community around them. They usually help themselves and their families (nothing to hate about that just being honest). So no they werent (most likely, though they could have been) stealing from their own. But yea, looting stores does no good. But it still doesnt detract from what happened.
2 Cents but No Sense

Richmond, KY

#616 Aug 26, 2014
topix wrote:
This is a Topix site-wide discussion about the shooting and racial tension in Ferguson, MO. Have your say by leaving a comment below.
I side with the truth, which no one outside of the persons actually present at the event in question really knows. Hopefully the truth will be revealed, and any wrong-doing will be justly decided by a jury of peers based on evidence that no one on commenting is fully privy to.
Opinions may vary, but only the facts matter. And no one here has all of the facts. So those opinions can only be based on something other than the facts.
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#617 Aug 26, 2014
oopsie wrote:
<quoted text>
I am far from Bias. I am telling you that no matter what the circumstances are or what your ancestors endured... they aren't you! You can rise above it and have the same rights/ freedoms that the rest of the people in America have. You are no longer oppressed. You were never personally a slave and it's highly likely that you never will be.
Do you think that I needed someone named "oopsie" to tell me that my circumstances arent me? You keep saying rise above them. Ok. Why cant YOU address the hardships they faced without saying "rise above them"? Thats dismissive.

"Oh you were raped sweetheart? RISE ABOVE IT"
"Oh you were molested by a childhood authority figure?RISE ABOVE IT!!"

This type of thinking doesnt address the crux of the problem. It dismisses it. You dont know me. You dont know what I've been thru. You dont know where my family has come from and where they are today. You're just making blanket assumptions to cover the FACT that America oppressed this group for almost 400 years then got mad at what that caused.
Maharish Mahatma Mahesh

Houston, TX

#618 Aug 26, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN, how can 400 years of oppression be forgotten? Why wouldnt 400years of oppression not have an affect on ANY race or group?
400 years is a long time, and, oppressed by their own race as well.
How any race would allow themselves to be enslaved and oppressed for 400 years..
Seems they must've had manure for brains.
And now, some think an answer is to, protest, loot/steal and riot/burn innocent folk businesses.
Some don't know how to move on, educate themselves and succeed, and, obey civilized laws.
Minister Johnathan Gentry
oopsie

Rock Island, TN

#619 Aug 26, 2014
Flygerian, it has be great talking with you but I must go to dream land a while. I hope your anger toward any race will subside and that you become one of MANY success stories in America. Celebrate and thank God daily that you were never personally enslaved like your ancestors. I know that I am thankful for that freedom. We have ever race and branch of the military to thank for our freedom of speech, may your speech be of praise and gratefulness for the gifts that our ancestors didn't have. If it weren't bad enough that my ancestors were denied freedoms that we take for granted everyday... I am also a woman, and my sex was also another hurtle to overcome. Today I get to vote and can earn as much money as a man doing the same job. Thank God that times change and freedoms spread!

Good night sir/ ma'am.:)
Dutch

Saint Paul, MN

#620 Aug 26, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Its more than that.
-PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOUR GOV'T IS DOING.
-PAY ATTENTION TO THE LAWS THEY ARE PASSING.
-PAY ATTENTION TO WHO OWNS THE MEDIA AND MOST OF THE PRODUCTS WE BUY AND USE
Where the money, goes well, simply pay attention.
<quoted text>
The story of the few doesnt represent the many. EVER
<quoted text>
Thats the problem. You dont WANT to understand. You dont WANT to address the situation truthfully and honestly. If you did, then it wouldnt be a hassle for me to get you to address the effects slavery/oppression has had on blacks. Now alot of black communities do not have black businesses thriving (again look up Rosewood and Blackwallstreet for instances of what happens when that comes around). Foreigners (asians and/or arabs) usually come into the communities and start businesses. But they do not use the money to help the community around them. They usually help themselves and their families (nothing to hate about that just being honest). So no they werent (most likely, though they could have been) stealing from their own. But yea, looting stores does no good. But it still doesnt detract from what happened.
Excellent post! corporate america control government and the police,they worship at the alter of the Golden Calf corporate America will rebuilt and prosper from the locals,make no doubt about.

Tampa, FL

#621 Aug 26, 2014
Who cares...dont break the law and you wont have to deal with law enforcement....tired of hearing the racial profiling bs....everyone gets stopped by law enforcement but all dont act ignorant and cause more problems for themselves....if i get pulled over by a black cop i guess that is racial profiling too..huh....racism will never be over cause everytime something happens to black its always about your race....
Good Ol Boy

Pittsfield, MA

#623 Aug 26, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I call a deflection. See you cant address what I said, so you deflect to other things to avoid answering. Not going to fly my friend lol
<quoted text>
It will be pretty interesting when the oppressors show that they dont care about you (or your descendants) either. That you were pawns in their game and fell for it. By then you (or your ancestors) will not be crying about black people.
Thats funny. Africa is where the savages were but only Europeans have made it their duty to go around the world oppressing people of color. At least Africans stuck to Africans and Asians stuck to Asians and so forth. Europeans said, "we want to oppress them ALL!" and tried to do it lol
Thats without mentioning that Greeks went to AFRICA (Egypt) to learn. That tells you all you need to know about the "savages"
Let me put this simply. The black community is responsible for the black community. They expect everyone to make the changes for them. Always with a hand out saying gimme,gimme,gimme. You complain about how run down and digusting the "hood" is but out the other side of your mouth you complain about the whites living in these nice well kept, low crime, thriving "burbs" . Well the answer is simple because we work hard to make it like that. You think those nice houses and quit streets and well kept neighboorhoods just pop up over night and just handed to the "whites". Now lets take a look at the run down, drug infested, prostitute and disease laden "hood" that is their responsibility. You want better than MAKE IT BETTER. NO ONE IS GOING TO DO IT FOR YOU!!!! IMHO. BLAMING OTHERS FOR YOUR LAZINESS AND SHORT COMINGS IS PATHETIC
enough

Alice, TX

#626 Aug 26, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
I got money sir or maam. I am taken care of very well thanks to God. So whats your point?
You're not addressing anything I say. AGAIN, how can 400 years of oppression be forgotten? Why wouldnt 400years of oppression not have an affect on ANY race or group?
I grew up around plenty of white people. Played ball with them and hung out with them personally. I have no problem with white people. But when it comes to race relations alot of you play dumb. You dont want to address the 400 years of oppression that blacks went thru. You just say "get over it and pretend it didnt happen". I dont think thats fair. Thats without mentioning the Native Americans that got shat on too. "Just get over it" isnt fair compensation for what happened. AT LEAST address what happened head on and see what remedies you can take to improve the situation. And not specifically YOU but YOU as in society. Instead society whats to pretend that we're not living on stolen land and that it didnt steal Africans from Africa bring them over here and continuously oppress them for up to 400 years.
Where are the irish enslaved by Africans? this is the first I heard of it.
In Africa if you actually took the time to look up the whole story behind the slave trade you would see that africans did not just sell thier own they sold the Irish also. So again shall I hold you accountable for what was done to my ancesters? I don't hold anyone at fault in this generation THEY WERE NOT ALIVE. The oppresion you speak of has been self induced for years by playing the victim. Life is what you make it not what other can make it for you.you appear to be a smart man/woman and seem to have put your education to good use.You say you make good money to oppress someone is to hold them back. Are you being held back? Did you know america was the only country to fight for slaves to be free? welcome to America where we are a dysfunctional family and have many squabbles and do things we shouldn't but when the shit hits the fan I have your back.
oopsie

Rock Island, TN

#627 Aug 26, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that I needed someone named "oopsie" to tell me that my circumstances arent me? You keep saying rise above them. Ok. Why cant YOU address the hardships they faced without saying "rise above them"? Thats dismissive.
"Oh you were raped sweetheart? RISE ABOVE IT"
"Oh you were molested by a childhood authority figure?RISE ABOVE IT!!"
I did rise above those things.
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#628 Aug 26, 2014
Maharish Mahatma Mahesh wrote:
<quoted text>
400 years is a long time, and, oppressed by their own race as well.
Nope just one nation is what we're discussing. If you wnat to discuss Africa, you have to go learn from unbiased sources about it. Not just turning CNN on and running with the narrative the tell-lie-vision tells you..
How any race would allow themselves to be enslaved and oppressed for 400 years..
Seems they must've had manure for brains.
So now its the blacks fault they were enslaved and oppressed which leaves the enslavors (lol) and oppressors to go scot-free. Glad to see the bias.
And now, some think an answer is to, protest, loot/steal and riot/burn innocent folk businesses.
Some don't know how to move on, educate themselves and succeed, and, obey civilized laws.
Minister Johnathan Gentry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oTUqOBJsRdgXX
How any innocent folk allows their businesses to be stolen from is a wonder. Seems they must've had manure for brains.

Thats what you do right? Blame the victims?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scientists Develop Non-Melting Ice Cream 12 min DILF 20
What is the most common alcoholic beverage? 1 hr Selenanelly 2
News Free Roots N Blues N BBQ Tickets for Low Income... 4 hr vraiblonde 1
News Seafood, music draws thousands to Blue Claw Cra... 8 hr Hillary 2016 4
los angeles food & wine festival 15 hr Mona Day 1
News Best Local Spots for Fried Chicken 16 hr bodhi451 1
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 17 hr red clay lover 9,047
More from around the web