The Best Restaurants to Eat Chicken F...

The Best Restaurants to Eat Chicken Fried Steak for...

There are 3 comments on the Houstonpress.com story from Dec 6, 2010, titled The Best Restaurants to Eat Chicken Fried Steak for.... In it, Houstonpress.com reports that:

The enormous CFS at Triple A. Although I certainly enjoy a good piece of chicken fried steak for dinner -- preferably served with homemade macaroni and cheese and fried okra -- there's something to be said for beginning your day with a plate full of it whether you're bleary-eyed or bushy-tailed, especially when served with fried eggs and a strong ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Houstonpress.com.

just me

Pasadena, TX

#1 Dec 6, 2010
a similar recent article by the Chronicle suggests Dot's by Gulfgate as the best CFS, handbreaded of course. Readers liked TBone Toms in Kemah.
Nat Norris

Houston, TX

#2 Jan 18, 2011
Tbone Toms, by far. It's the gravy that wins it. That being said, Kelly's is not bad!
Jeronimo

United States

#3 Jan 4, 2014
Kelly's is good, but check out the restaurants at Southmore and Richey. I think it's called Richeys Country Cooking? Anyway, you get a lot of food for a decent price and the chicken fried chicken is a huge serving. For the money, and the service that's my choice. But as fast taste goes, Kelly's on Spencer is a little better, just less food for more money and long waits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Comfort-food restaurant Eagle Food & Beer Hall ... 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2
News New Mexican Restaurant, El Fuego, Opens; Offers... (Mar '14) 13 hr Frank Longdong 4
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) Jun 24 tour and travel 34
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) Jun 23 Bady 9,206
News Le Bonheur set to build on Vann Drive Jun 23 MsCrib 1
News Maine's governor defies Feds, says no to junk f... Jun 23 longtail 1
News Upcoming community dinners in June (Jun '10) Jun 23 chance 4
More from around the web