Students grind into Fiji Junior Certi...

Students grind into Fiji Junior Certificate exam

There are 77 comments on the Fiji Times story from Nov 5, 2009, titled Students grind into Fiji Junior Certificate exam. In it, Fiji Times reports that:

Rishikul Sanatan College student Arishma Lata Kumar busy with her Basic Science Fiji Junior paper yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fiji Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
lucyii malanii

Suva, Fiji

#69 Jan 13, 2011
could you please give out the fjc exam results cause really some students are appyling to other schools for their next year there and so please just give out the results.....cause really we are suffering here mahn...we really need the results to enrol into another school..ya feeling me???but if you were a student you would probably know but no you are just a person who does an ordinary job..
so help the children and give out the freaking reults.!
giselle

Suva, Fiji

#70 Jan 14, 2011
fjc sucks coz the markers mada ga want to drink grog while they have papers to mark!!!!!!!!
patrick Lautoka

Suva, Fiji

#71 Jan 14, 2011
we want our results. the ministry suppose to be proactive and not reactive to these comments school is just around the corner. Wake up plse bcos we need our results
asenaca racoconiika

Suva, Fiji

#72 Jan 16, 2011
my exam result
Anonymous

Suva, Fiji

#73 Jan 17, 2011
fiji junior result can u find out
NINA

Suva, Fiji

#74 Jan 17, 2011
Hy is 480+ A grade?
late results

New Zealand

#75 Jan 17, 2011
be considerate if text books n exercise bks arent up 2 date wen sch. 2 some students bcause .... u releasing results late.......plis release them soon so parents and guardians get things going for their children.....
baybeedoll

Suva, Fiji

#76 Jan 20, 2011
school is abt 2 start...hey does any one know when the fslc results will be out?
teTaazz

Suva, Fiji

#77 Jan 20, 2011
hey people!!!...cant you all just keep your angry comments to yourself...wat difference does it make nothing will change..so i suggest you all just chilll and do something constructive !!!..
Litia

Suva, Fiji

#78 Jan 21, 2011
It is unfair for some people. My brother's internal exam marks in form 6 were as follows.
Term 1- 374
term 2- 365
term 3- 368

FSLC- 336

and he says fslc was 10 times easier then externals. He had been preparing for this exam since the begining of form 5 cos he wanted a scholarship. he worked day and night for this exam. Now you tell me @average joe why scaling is fair. Those who dint work as hard as him got really good marks. And he, along with serveral other smart students, got really bad marks.

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SAY SCALING SYSTEM IS FAIR???!!!!!
Pratash

Suva, Fiji

#79 Jan 23, 2011
Would u mind if u could get our result out NOW!!!!!!! PLIZZZZ,
saleha

Suva, Fiji

#80 May 6, 2011
mark scalin is da worst thin ministry does
debra

Suva, Fiji

#81 Aug 4, 2011
why is it the exam abolished? cuz im doin a research or a project abt the effects of it comin 2 an end...many students dnt lyk da idea...thanx dats all
priti

Suva, Fiji

#84 Oct 29, 2012
how can I get the FJC resultsFOR 2010
Revolver of Reason

Parramatta, Australia

#85 Oct 30, 2012
Good luck kids.
Average Joe

Suva, Fiji

#86 Jun 4, 2015
Litia wrote:
It is unfair for some people. My brother's internal exam marks in form 6 were as follows.
Term 1- 374
term 2- 365
term 3- 368
FSLC- 336
and he says fslc was 10 times easier then externals. He had been preparing for this exam since the begining of form 5 cos he wanted a scholarship. he worked day and night for this exam. Now you tell me @average joe why scaling is fair. Those who dint work as hard as him got really good marks. And he, along with serveral other smart students, got really bad marks.
HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SAY SCALING SYSTEM IS FAIR???!!!!!
HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SAY SCALING ACTUALLY BROUGHT THE MARKS DOWN FOR YOUR BROTHER?

You can't rule out the fact that just because a person doesn't work hard, that doesn't mean that he or she isn't smart. Such people have already figured things out and it is already in their head. They just have to go and sit an exam and get high marks. They are known as 'slackers', smartypants! Just because a person doesn't show you or all the other crybabies that he or she is a hard worker, that doesn't mean that person is not smart and is not capable of scoring high marks.

You also cannot be using the internal marks to determine that that's the same level of marks you'll get in the external exam. During and after internal exams, marks can be scored by other means and not just by doing and getting everything right in the exam paper. You do realize that many students bribe the teachers or cry in front of them to get high marks in their papers internally, don't you? What about your brother? He must have blown the male teachers to get high marks in the internal exams.

And as for your brother, whatever marks he got, that's what he deserved. He deserved to get low marks. And if you still have a problem with that, then I'll give you something else that will surely shut you up. After all, it is one of the sissy sayings that cheaply goes on in Fiji. And it is, ACCEPTANCE. Followed by other bullshit like, God works in mysterious ways and god has a plan for your brother (even if it means his marks getting robbed from him or him even losing the scholarship). And also, your brother got robber and scored low marks because of bad karma. He must have done bad things in the past and God was watching that time. And now, God punished your brother. Whatever happens, happens for the best. And that will surely make your brother work hard (even though I'll make sure that his good marks and grades get robbed from him again).

LOSER!
ram

Suva, Fiji

#87 Dec 4, 2015
A grade starts fromwhich mark

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fiji, Fiji Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Church raises sex education worry Jun 3 Fox hunter on hor... 2
News Indian population rapidly declining in Fiji due... (Mar '09) Apr '16 Jon de Duhmass 356
News Huge cyclone leaves trail of destruction in Fiji Feb '16 He who knows 1
News 'Sex tape' used in Fiji murder plot case (Apr '08) Jan '16 singh 34
News Uncle held for 'rape' (Nov '08) Jan '16 singh 16
Why do Jatis pray to a Kai Vulagi god? Jan '16 Black European 1
News The Best Things To Do In Fiji (Aug '15) Dec '15 Rosi 3
More from around the web