Large turnout for secret balloting in Suva

There are 87 comments on the Fiji Village story from Mar 23, 2007, titled Large turnout for secret balloting in Suva. In it, Fiji Village reports that:

Village News General Secretary, Kuini Lutua. The Fiji Nursing Association is happy with the turnout of nurses at the secret balloting conducted at the Colonial War Memorial Hospital yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fiji Village.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Fijian Seattle USA

New York, NY

#81 Apr 17, 2007
Raju wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably have a blurry vision. Because people are dissatisfied and he is yelling and shouting at the Americans , Australians and New Zealanders like they were the caused of all the problems..Looks like he is going blind soon or sona ua!
Yeah that is the kind of language you are used to using on this forum.He has never accused any of these countries as being the reason for the coup.Com e on man what are you talking about.Com e to you senses.
Fijian Seattle USA

New York, NY

#82 Apr 17, 2007
Raju wrote:
<quoted text> It wasnt because of him. The people knew their places> After all he was a chief and people respected him even though he was stealing from them. It paid off later. He had to run for his life during the 2000 coup.. naa.. He left all this mess and we are sufferingbecause of is hypocrite ways of doing things. At that time too there were not too many educated Fijians so they do not know their rights. Bainimarama is by the way not a chief. So no one give a damn about what he says. Also he is a miltary guy,,trained to be at the camps for 24 hours and guarding the streets of Suva. He can not run the government and after all his soldiers are peeing on the Japanese. So he has to Go big time.
Excatly this is what I have been saying.Stop trusting the chiefs with your land and money.For too long the common fijian have been swindled by this chiefs.Its high time the educated fijians start to take a control over thier own lives rather then depending on the chiefs and beleive me you its happening slowely but surely.I never expected young fijian to hurl abuse at Ratu Mara but its happening right here in this forum.So finally my predictions are coming true.
Raju

Dallas, TX

#83 Apr 17, 2007
Fijian Seattle USA wrote:
<quoted text>Excatly this is what I have been saying.Stop trusting the chiefs with your land and money.For too long the common fijian have been swindled by this chiefs.Its high time the educated fijians start to take a control over thier own lives rather then depending on the chiefs and beleive me you its happening slowely but surely.I never expected young fijian to hurl abuse at Ratu Mara but its happening right here in this forum.So finally my predictions are coming true.
That is so sad. Fiji is going down the drain economically, socially and this is all because of VB ..What makes Fiji unique is their culture.. As of now you are supporting an individualistic society whereby everyone can coup the govt if you have a different opinion..lialia
Fiji Islander

Suva, Fiji

#84 Apr 17, 2007
Raju wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so sad. Fiji is going down the drain economically, socially and this is all because of VB ..What makes Fiji unique is their culture.. As of now you are supporting an individualistic society whereby everyone can coup the govt if you have a different opinion..lialia
hilarious !!!lol
Fijian Seattle USA

New York, NY

#85 Apr 18, 2007
Raju wrote:
<quoted text>
You prove to me how little knowledge you have about the current economic situation in Fiji.For sure the economic situation in Fiji has never been good since the coup of 2000 but you bet its surely picking up now even though at a slow pace.I have had friends and families who just returned from from Fiji after a three week vacation and they all tell me that people are happy with the present adminstration.Businesses are doing good.There are a lot of tourists taking advantage of the cheap rates so on and so forth.Its the disgruntled and the losers who are crying foul.
nestor

New York, NY

#86 Feb 24, 2012
hey why are you jumping on alien topic, and how do you know Im illegal. do you have know me, i know you dont so i just wanted to let you know that you are a person who makes noise for nothing. without even knowing the ppl in this forum you have come down so low that you call them illegal.
you are a person whose name rhymes with fire, like l...,l... pants on fire. all you know now is strike, what you gona get out of it. do you get paid if you go on strike, shame on you. if you really need free food then go the frank and say so , he will admit you in naboro prison and you will get free food on tax payers expense...shameful person.
Kaibiti

Honolulu, HI

#87 Mar 21, 2012
Fijian Seattle USA wrote:
<quoted text>What are you talking about.I have never heard nurses going on strike in the US.There is no reason for them to go on strike cos they are privatly employed and well paid and good working condations.You must be living in another world Mr Sanjay
\

Hmmm...RNs go on strike all the time in the US. I believe Kaiser was the last of the batch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fiji, Fiji Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Passport scam (Oct '14) May 21 Buttless 14
News Indian origin man in Fiji held guilty of triple... (Apr '13) May 8 Kaibiti 10
News iTaukei language under threat, says academic (Jul '14) Apr 25 Revolver of Reason 2
News Man In Fiji Raised As A Chicken (Sep '08) Apr 25 Revolver of Reason 22
News Samoa PM seeks tougher action on Fiji (Jul '11) Mar '15 Myth Buster 66
Jesus Christ, the Son of God (Sep '14) Feb '15 Jimbo 2
News Kaila! attraction (Jul '13) Feb '15 alyssa 5
More from around the web