Hilarious Christian College Newspaper...

Hilarious Christian College Newspaper Op-Ed Calls Yoga 'Demonic'

There are 1 comment on the Gawker story from Mar 19, 2014, titled Hilarious Christian College Newspaper Op-Ed Calls Yoga 'Demonic'. In it, Gawker reports that:

There is nothing in the world of journalism more delightful than a stupid opinion piece published in a college newspaper.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gawker.

radhakrish_na

Trivandrum, India

#1 Mar 21, 2014
Ancient Indian Yogis who first introduced yoga were ascetics and they were illiterate. They were ignorant of the circulation of the blood. They were ignorant of the function of the lungs or the bloodstream. They foolishly believed that each breath circulated air throughout the body of a person. So they foolishly gave importance to deep breath, ignorant of the fact that lungs are meant for breathing..As for instance, to get sex power they want the air to be directed to sex organs by mental power.Yoga gurus are also ignorant that the heart pumps blood equally to all parts of the body and that the air goes only to lungs and does not circulate to other parts of the body by deep breathing. Yoga gurus mislead people by saying that deep breath invigorates every part of the body. They also say that the link to integrate body and mind is breath. Air goes only to the lungs can be proved when fast runners exclaim, " I had to stop running to catch my breath,' or ' my lungs will burst.' They mislead people by saying that if we stand head upside down (sirasasana) blood will stream into the brain to make us intelligent and to have good memory power. If this view is correct, then blood will be always streaming into the foot area which is a lower part of the body. Did Archimedes and other scientists stand head upside down to improve their intelligence? So it is all bunkum...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News She packs a lot into daily session of home exer... (Feb '10) Mon Kevin 6
News New mission: Alternative medicine May '16 Three Rounds 1
News Range of alternative medicine options considere... May '16 Three Rounds 1
News Parks director brings laughter yoga to Fairbanks Apr '16 Jane Ann 1
News Best Yoga Studio | Columbus Alive (Mar '10) Mar '16 Long Arm 34
News Christian Parents Freak Out Over Yoga Lessons A... Mar '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Pittsfield schools pilot yoga, 'brain breaks' a... Mar '16 the city I hate 1
More from around the web