Is Yoga An Anti-Christian Practice?

Sep 22, 2010 Full story: Freerepublic.com 9

Warning to Christians: There may be churches that will bless your Blackberry , but your favorite morning workout may undermine your faith.

Full Story
yogagypsyqueen

United States

#1 Sep 23, 2010
Obviously shows a lack of subjective research, but ultimately it's what you decide it to be! Yoga has helped me become a true Christian! Read the Science of Religion, Autobiography of a Yogi and The Second Coming of Christ by Parmahansa Yogananda for real insight into the practice of yoga.
Local

Tampa, FL

#2 Mar 31, 2011
anything and everything can be "christian".....

all you have to do is add.....for Jesus.....

Yoga is anti-christian.....

Yoga for Jesus is acceptably christian......just don't forget the loooove offering to the church.

“Marching to my own drum beat.”

Since: Mar 11

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Apr 2, 2011
I have come across fellow Christians who have a fit if I mention the word yoga. They are convinced it is of the devil and that if I practice it, I will go straight to hell. I don't do the whole yoga thing, just a very little because it feels good and it is relaxing and energizing at the same time.

On a lighter note, about 8.5 years ago, my sister-in-law and I went to a yoga class together after I gave birth to my first child. The class was in a Lutheran church, and being Christian women, we were okay with it. About a month later the teach came storming up to us when we arrived and told us we had a bad aura and too disruptive for the others comfort. She then told us to leave and never come back. Many of our friends who went to the class left because they disagreed with the teacher.

I still enjoy yoga even if I was kicked out of a class.
Whatever

Aldrich, MO

#4 Apr 2, 2011
1Thess 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
Johny

United States

#5 Jun 9, 2012
Yoga is a sanskrit hindu word originated in india but it is useful for mankind for extra information click wikipedia google we should do yoga everyday thanks
epitome

Silver City, NM

#7 Jan 14, 2013
i suggest a christian person should get the devil angry by

making yoga christian so when you do its excercises and mediatating do them to the glory of Christ
by mediatating on his saving work for you and the world.

WE ARE free in Christ NO longer UNDER Gods LAWs WE ARE baptized by God into christ and are UNDER GODS GRACE .
epitome

Silver City, NM

#8 Jan 14, 2013
Local wrote:
anything and everything can be "christian".....
all you have to do is add.....for Jesus.....
Yoga is anti-christian.....
Yoga for Jesus is acceptably christian......just don't forget the loooove offering to the church.
people look at the outward apperance God looks at the heart.

he alone knows the motives of a person doing yoga..

some people may do yoga because of its unchristians roots
christian do yoga only for its other qualities
stretching etc comes to mind ..

they propably shouldnt do it in public though as their are
less mature christians that may be offended by them doing it..

“Harmony”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9 Feb 28, 2013
epitome wrote:
i suggest a christian person should get the devil angry by
making yoga christian so when you do its excercises and mediatating do them to the glory of Christ
by mediatating on his saving work for you and the world.
WE ARE free in Christ NO longer UNDER Gods LAWs WE ARE baptized by God into christ and are UNDER GODS GRACE .
This is very interesting. Am I correct in thinking that you say to get the 'devil' mad, turn Yoga into a 'Christian' practice? Do you mean by this that it is a practice of the devil and you would take something that belongs to him and make it Christian?

Since: Mar 13

Mumbai, India

#10 Mar 30, 2013
Truth originates from God, not religion. And God and truth can be found everywhere, to everybody.

Paul stated, "I'm liberated to do anything whatsoever, but I won't be mastered by anything." Maybe yoga would draw some followers from God into full new agey values. This does not seem just like a problem for you personally though,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can exercise improve back pain (Aug '13) 13 hr Sarah 41
Wish List: 19 Awesome Gifts Under $50, From Bac... Nov 25 Kid_Tomorrow 1
5 Religions You've Probably Never Heard Of (Sep '09) Nov 8 Kid_Tomorrow 128
Ban yoga pants from schools Oct '14 HotSexyTimes 1
14 Things You Need to Know to Talk About Transc... Oct '14 Hello 5
At Detroit's border, a barrier separates the ha... Oct '14 Warez 3
Jennifer Aniston's Naked Yoga Practice Responsi... Oct '14 Noushin 1

Yoga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE