New Mexico legislator expresses uneas...

New Mexico legislator expresses unease about yoga

There are 11 comments on the KOB-TV story from Oct 28, 2013, titled New Mexico legislator expresses unease about yoga. In it, KOB-TV reports that:

A New Mexico legislator has voiced concern that stretching during school physical education activities is really yoga and possibly could introduce children to Eastern religions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB-TV.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1 Oct 28, 2013
Are you kidding me, I mean, are you serious? YGBSM!

Atheists run, so does that mean your kids should not?
INFIDEL

Grants, NM

#2 Oct 28, 2013
Streaching is really yoga? Wow! What an idiot. I guess all those NFL stars are practicioners of eastern religion because I see a lot of them streaching before the games. Maybe the Washington Redskins should change their name to the Washington Lamas. The quarterback would be the Dali Lama...?!?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 28, 2013
WTF??????? Really? Another politician trying to make a name for themselves on one of the dumbest "issues" I've encountered yet! Perhaps this DumbSht should take a basic physiology class!

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#5 Oct 28, 2013
bette wrote:
Yoga, being an integral part of ancient Hindu religion, insinuates eventually the blood thirsty Kali, and her Thuggees.
And we have already the bloody ones, the pro-abortionists, and the homosexual thugs.
And we have the ones who feel that by their superiority the ends justify the means.
They are called progressive democrats.
MPD! So nice to see you back in full blown delusions. Thought for sure you had suffered a major breakdown. Welcome back, MPD!

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Oct 28, 2013
I guess I will have to stop stretching before and after all my workouts because I am an atheist and certainly don't want to practice religion.

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

#8 Oct 28, 2013
If stretching is Yoga, then having sex is Kama Sutra. Baldonado and his wife need to stop having sex so they won't be practicing Hindu.

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

#10 Oct 29, 2013
merle wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not blue noses nor are we prudes.
But for the good of Albuquerque, and for all that is good and holy, will you consent to either stop posting on Topix or post a $20,000 bond for the Little Sisters of the Poor?
There was once a fat grasshopper
who pranced and flitted about the garden.
He razzed the praying mantis on the wall.
"I go about," he said.
"You eat only the crickets, when they are cold and tired of chirping."
"I live my life," spoke the mantis. I cannot seek you. My life is short, and fall approaches."
The grasshopper sprang to the sun, no birds within sight.
"This is my day."
And then a funny thing happened:
"Look , Dad, look what I caught!
Should I pluck off its legs, or should I burn them off with my magnifying glass?"
It is the fall of the cricket, the mantis, and even the grasshopper.
No where in my post did I suggest that anyone was a prude. But, if you think you might be a prude, let me suggest that you get some sex therapy.

Why would I agree to stop posting on Topix? I have no intention of renouncing my USA citizenship, and I will continue to exercise my freedom of speech. The fact that you don't like what I have to say just inspires me to post more often, and to be more candid and less diplomatic about how I express myself.

With regard to the Little Sisters of the Poor, I have little doubt that they are a fine organization with an honourable mission to help the elderly. Nuns are underappreciated, IMO. But I don't have an extra $20,000 that I can donate to them right now. I am flattered, nonetheless, that you asked me.
INFIDEL

Grants, NM

#11 Oct 30, 2013
merle wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not blue noses nor are we prudes.
"Look , Dad, look what I caught!
Should I pluck off its legs, or should I burn them off with my magnifying glass?"
It is the fall of the cricket, the mantis, and even the grasshopper.
Wow?!?! Can I have some of your meds?

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12 Oct 30, 2013
Lobo Viejo wrote:
I guess I will have to stop stretching before and after all my workouts because I am an atheist and certainly don't want to practice religion.
Good advice. The new paradigm is that it is better to do your stretches after your workout, not before unless of the more dynamic nature. You can hum OM/AUM before workouts though.

http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/flexibil...
http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/fitness-...

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

#13 Oct 30, 2013
Willothewisp wrote:
<quoted text>
Good advice. The new paradigm is that it is better to do your stretches after your workout, not before unless of the more dynamic nature. You can hum OM/AUM before workouts though.
http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/flexibil...
http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/fitness-...
My sports doctor told me to stretch before and after my workouts, and I am convinced this regimen is best. The other thing is to start out real slow and gradually work up to cardio range, also have a cool down at the end. This becomes even more important the older you get so you don't injure yourself in your workouts like. Walking is a fantastic way of warming up and cooling down.

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#14 Oct 31, 2013
Walking is indeed the recommended warm up routine...just thought you might have found the articles of interest. Not like that sissy yoga stuff the schools are trying to foist upon our children. What is with any of this multicultural stuff anyhoo? My culture, love or leave it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Experience Timeless Elegance at Luxury Condos i... 23 hr Farting 2
News Fitness Profile: Lan Phan (Sep '07) Jul 3 Mize 18
kettlebell pullover Jul 3 beingchinmay 1
News Malaysian Islamic body bans yoga for Muslims (Nov '08) Jul 3 laskar shalahudin 4,189
News 'Embrace yoga for a super sex life' Jul 3 Humhainna 1
News Building on to 'Body Barn' Jul 2 truth 7
News Can exercise improve back pain (Aug '13) Jul 1 daviscolons 50
More from around the web