Yoga guru leads protest against Indian corruption

Aug 12, 2012 Full story: Mercury-Register 10

A popular Indian yoga guru fasted for a fourth day Sunday and threatened to expand his protest nationwide if the government doesn't act decisively to bring back billions of dollars of ill-gotten money that some Indians have allegedly stashed abroad.

Full Story
Humhainna

Dalkeith, UK

#1 Aug 12, 2012
It's shocking attitude of Indian rulers not engaging in dialogue with the Guru. I think this is another nail in the coffin of this Govt. Indians every where please search your conscious and pledge yourself never to vote for Congress in your whole life. They have proved they are only interested in bribes and back handers and no interest in starving millions of Indian villagers. They want to please their foreign masters.
Peace - UK

UK

#2 Aug 13, 2012
Govt is likely to use tactics to quiten him rather than listening to him and take him on board to resolve the issue the Govt has not been able to solve for years. Govt raises voice to solve the black money issue...their voice is to win votes and then they seem to be forgetting about the matter until next elections. This has lasted for long resulting in India remaining behind in many fields. Baba Ramdev is doing this even though he is not in parliament... proving that his action is a reminder to the ministers to act upon the same issue which they have touched many times to win votes. Baba Ramdev is not asking to be a minister as he already has another occupation that is respected and followed world wide.

Politicians seem to be using their knowledge as a begging bowl to earn more money. It is similar to using your certificate as a begging bowl to collect money. Let the advancement of science and technology reach the needy as you fire rockets to reach the moon and Mars to see if there is life there. What about the life you have around you?

Peace - UK
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#3 Aug 13, 2012
As an Indian born rational and critical person i Have this .
Corruption was/is/and will be the birth right of Indians.
Recently one guy "Anna" waged a war against corruption.
Now this TV guru who preach the virtues of YOGA is in lime-light.
In Topix forum I had posted umpteen threads about political corruption.
It is not a new news for me
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#4 Aug 13, 2012
Let me expose my ignorance more.
In USA one guy demand the birth certificate of OBAMA a resident of White house.
May I ask this non-corrupt Guru's source of income and his tax papers?
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#5 Aug 13, 2012
Are there any critical persons now on line in Topix forum?
When I say "corruption is the birth right of India"
I mean it.
Any Indians? I mean who identify his birth country and sing the national Anthem
Jana Ghana mana Adhi Naya....
Humhainna

Dalkeith, UK

#6 Aug 13, 2012
Ramafuchs wrote:
Let me expose my ignorance more.
In USA one guy demand the birth certificate of OBAMA a resident of White house.
May I ask this non-corrupt Guru's source of income and his tax papers?

You seem to be ignorant about it. Guru teaches yoga everywhere and income is huge. His followers donate him millions of Pounds. He does for charity and where appropriate he pays taxes. Because he fights for the poor and not for any religion. people from Europe and US give him charity for his causes. Oprah is in USA and Guru is in India. Oprah is 10 times bigger than him and lot of businesses.
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#7 Aug 13, 2012
Comrades
I am exceedingly happy that London Olympicis history now.
let me make use of this thread to expose my ignorance.
problems are aplenty all around the globe.
Here is a Guru wish to wipe out corruption in India.
There is another city State with the name VATICAN.
There a cook for the PRESIDENT of VATICAN had leaked some news about the system.
He and his friend await a certificate of GOOD CONDUCT.
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#8 Aug 13, 2012
Before this diversion we have all discussed and enjoyed the smell of Democracy in EGypt.
One professor took the nasty job as president but he was branded as a Muslim Brotherhood .
Now he had shown hisidea about Democracy in Egypt which is a bed fellow of all the exporters of democracy.
Peace - UK

UK

#9 Aug 13, 2012
Over loaded vehicles fall off the cliff, collide and kill many people every other day. People on bus roofs etc. That seems legal...as proved today...

...Govt joined in today by driving the bus with protesters on roof top! Same people placed under sky without food and water when they were told that they have been arrested and are under Govt control. Terrorists are fed but not the true protesters who protest in democratic manner. Such atrocities are being pointed out by Anna and Baba Ramdev.

Why that bus moved with people on top? Was the bus insured to move that way?
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#10 Aug 13, 2012
Comrade
most of the non-Europeans( read non-british) speak English.
It is computer age and not a colonial ZEIT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amanda Seyfried Eats Whatever The Hell She Want... 7 hr Richboy97 1
Can exercise improve back pain (Aug '13) Dec 14 DilToPagal 43
Wish List: 19 Awesome Gifts Under $50, From Bac... Nov 25 Kid_Tomorrow 1
5 Religions You've Probably Never Heard Of (Sep '09) Nov '14 Kid_Tomorrow 128
Ban yoga pants from schools Oct '14 HotSexyTimes 1
14 Things You Need to Know to Talk About Transc... Oct '14 Hello 5
At Detroit's border, a barrier separates the ha... Oct '14 Warez 3
More from around the web