Deaths Elsewhere / Fitness impresario Jack LaLanne, 96

Jack LaLanne, the fitness guru and television exercise-show host who demonstrated jumping jacks and push-ups while touting low-sugar diets and weight training long before they were fashionable, died Sunday. Full Story
AmericanLib

Maple Grove, MN

#1 Jan 24, 2011
This is a great loss to America. Jack LaLanne was an iconic figure who always had a bright, sunny disposition and ready to help anyone. I remember seeing him in his 80's doing more push ups then I could at 30! That is what started me on a life long relationship with excersize. Truely, one of a kind guy..........

Since: Jul 08

Brooklyn Park

#2 Jan 24, 2011
RIP Jack LaLanne. You were a great influence.
Mark

Middleton, WI

#3 Jan 24, 2011
LaLanne was an American icon, one of the 20th century's most prominent characters. RIP, sir. Well done.
thissucks

Lakeville, MN

#4 Jan 24, 2011
Had he only taken better care of himself, he'd still be with us today.
good luck

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jan 24, 2011
May you juice apples in heaven.
good luck

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jan 24, 2011
thissucks wrote:
Had he only taken better care of himself, he'd still be with us today.
2nd hand smoke finally killed him
Big baller

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jan 24, 2011
RIP in peace Jack.
Dave form Lakeland

Stillwater, MN

#8 Jan 24, 2011
At 47 he could do 1000 push ups, I could do 50 at that age

Since: Jan 11

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Jan 24, 2011
Regarding diet, Jack's advice was quite simple. "If it tastes good, spit it out".

I bet, even in his 90s, he was in better shape than 50% of the people in the entire world.
My Guy

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Jan 24, 2011
What a huge loss, Jack was a leader, a inspiration and someone we should all try to be like. Look around at all the lard asses walking the streets. RIP Jack.
Eithan

Tallahassee, FL

#11 Jan 24, 2011
I can't believe that we've lost such an inspiration to the fitness world. LaLanne was truly an inspiration to all of the people in the exercise/fitness community and his ledge will forever live on through us all. I was reading this awesome article about him earlier and it really opened my eyes to how fantastic of an individual Jack LaLanne was. Definitely worth checking out. http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/01/jack_lal...
GreatDay

Four Oaks, NC

#12 Jan 24, 2011
obama-care cut him off early, they said if he lived any longer he would cost SS & Medicare too much money. This is the first sign of the death panels!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weight Training Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Editorial: Labor costs weighing down Postal Ser... Sep 6 ICTDCO 2
Workout Plan for 14 Year Old (Jul '07) Aug '14 Your a fcking retard 29
Primal Burn Review: Fat Burner System the Real ... (Jan '13) Aug '14 Rando 3
JessicaBell published Aug 11, 2014 /Press Relea... Aug '14 Weilos 1
Bangalore's Pani Puri seller is a body builder ... (May '08) Aug '14 NAVEEN 47
we can help each other Aug '14 Anonymous 1
New Workout Kosama (Feb '10) Jul '14 Kosama Clive 65
•••

Weight Training People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE