Gold's Gym to open at West Covina mall next year

It's not Muscle Beach and chances are Lou Ferrigno and Arnold Schwarzenegger won't be around to out-pump each other, but West Covina is getting a legendary Gold's Gym as part of the Westfield mall expansion. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Phil

Baldwin Park, CA

#1 Oct 6, 2010
Its good to see a quality business like this open in West Covina. I hope it turns out to be very successfull. My only concern is the parking for the gym members. Imagine what a horror it will be around xmas time.
Mall Parking

Ontario, CA

#2 Oct 7, 2010
1)Everyone is going to have to learn to use the multi level parking in southern califorina

2)Mike Touhey has always been up beat voice for West Covina He has not changed since the early 1980's we are lucky to have a salesman like him involved in West Covina for so many years
Sam

Calabasas, CA

#3 Oct 7, 2010
In responce to Phil. The parking is already a horror scene. In responce to Mall Parking. Like it's going to make sence to have the gym members walk from the multi level parking through the mall to gym and back in sweaty work out clothes.
Jane Doe

Diamond Bar, CA

#4 Apr 22, 2011
Somebody at Gold's Gym obviously didn't do their research. I give this location six months. This facility will be abused by local clientele and forced to shut down. Any naysayers, check back here in six months.

I can guaranty you there will be filth, fights, and vandalism. That place will be destroyed.

Good luck Golds. You dropped the ball on this one. Big. Time.
Golds Gym

Los Angeles, CA

#5 May 14, 2011
1) Parking
Theirs a multi level structure next to jc penny with over 400 spaces available, even around the holiday season,and really is a few days of holiday mayhem gonna stop you from looking good feeling great and living longer. Their is a top level entrance directly from parking structure into Golds Gym no need to walk across the mall.

2) Up keep
The up keep of the facility will not be left to the members their will be staff in place to provide quality service and clean environment. This multi million dollar state of the art facility with two stories pool, sauna, steam room, full size cardio movie theater, full size weight room, group exercise room, cardio floor with indual tv's on every single piece of cardio equipment will advance, carry on, conserve, continue, guard, manage, nurture, preserve, protect, provide, renew, repair, retain, support, sustain and take care of this facility with the highest standard of quality and customer service wich in fact is the Gold Gym standard

For more information please email
rortiz@goldsgymla.com
Jane Doe

Monrovia, CA

#6 May 15, 2011
To rortiz: Previous Poster:

You are obviously not a resident of West Covina. Good luck w/your staff. Are you going to be hiring employees from out of the area?

Such a joke. Do your homework. Nothing is going to revive that mall, & Gold's will be out withing six months. Maybe a year, and that's being generous.

You are going to get mexicans in there that live in their cars and use the gym amenities for their full grooming. I could say more, but why should I bother.
Golds Gym

United States

#7 May 16, 2011
Next update in December

As for now we are proud to serve the community no matter what race ethnic background color or gender we are here to help promote good health with nutrition and proper exercise

In good health
rortiz@goldsgymla.com

Jane Doe

Monrovia, CA

#8 May 18, 2011
To rortiz:

Was Gold's anticipating the closure of the Vincent Ave. exit off the 10 freeway due to the carpool lane expansion?

Thank the West Covina city fathers for advising the merchants of that small technicality.

Good luck!
Maruka

Monrovia, CA

#9 Jun 12, 2011
To Jane Doe West Covina and Baldwin Park
Instead of being so negative about a positive move into the community by a reputable company why don't you join and experience it for yourself. The comment about Mexicans shows your level of intelligence. In 6 months we'll check back and when the addition of Gold's Gym to the city has made a positive impact you can put your tail back between your legs. Don't go away mad just go away!
Jane Doe

Monrovia, CA

#10 Jun 18, 2011
Maruka wrote:
To Jane Doe West Covina and Baldwin Park
Instead of being so negative about a positive move into the community by a reputable company why don't you join and experience it for yourself. The comment about Mexicans shows your level of intelligence. In 6 months we'll check back and when the addition of Gold's Gym to the city has made a positive impact you can put your tail back between your legs. Don't go away mad just go away!
\\

I will not dignify that comment with an answer.
Maria Lola de la punta

Monrovia, CA

#11 Jun 20, 2011
Surprise! A mexican who can read English!!! Did you recently obtain your GED? It's always encouraging to see some of you trying for self-improvment.
Novella de la puerta

Monrovia, CA

#12 Jun 20, 2011
Wow, a civic-minded mexican.
Nuestra Frakita

Monrovia, CA

#13 Jun 20, 2011
Do you think there will be a taco concession in the gym?
La Placentino Neualta

Monrovia, CA

#14 Jun 20, 2011
Are you one of my cousins? Your name sounds very familiar. That is nice, if they put a taco concession in the new Gold's gym.
Jane Doe

Monrovia, CA

#15 Jun 20, 2011
To Gold's Gym:

You obviously have an architect, but you don't have a marketeer.
Maruka

Monrovia, CA

#16 Jun 20, 2011
Your need to dignify it is unnecessary nor wanted. Its amazingly sad when one person uses multiple names to try and make themselves seem significant on the internet.
QualitySeeker

Honolulu, HI

#17 Jun 30, 2011
Golds Gym wrote:
Next update in December
As for now we are proud to serve the community no matter what race ethnic background color or gender we are here to help promote good health with nutrition and proper exercise
In good health
rortiz@goldsgymla.com
I think Gold's Gym is a wonderful addition to the area. Please forgive those that are small minded. There are many of us here in the surrounding communities that will support you.=)
GOLDS GYM BULLETIN

Covina, CA

#18 Aug 9, 2011
Attn: All Gold's West Covina members: There is no taco concession in the gym at this time, however, Miguel Santiago's taco trailer will be located on the multi-level structure next to JC Penny.
Sorry, no carry on food is allowed in Gold's facility.
Nativeglo

Walnut, CA

#19 Sep 8, 2011
Dear Jane Doe, your name says it all. You are as insignificant as your name indicates! Let us no longer acknowledge the insignificant!
SGV

Harbor City, CA

#20 Sep 23, 2011
Gym looks good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weight Training Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meet the teenage sex swap lovers (Jul '13) Dec 19 hey 183
Mobile unit offers free mammogram screening Dec 8 Doug 1
77-Year-Old Grandma Willie Murphy Deadlifts 215... Nov 30 Pride 4
Bodybuilding Tips For Vegans & Vegetarians (Sep '09) Nov '14 sushil864 2
These Christian swingers like sharing Bible ver... Sep '14 Tom 1
Editorial: Labor costs weighing down Postal Ser... Sep '14 ICTDCO 2
Workout Plan for 14 Year Old (Jul '07) Aug '14 Your a fcking retard 29
More from around the web