Workout Plan for 14 Year Old

Posted in the Weight Training Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John

Cleveland, OH

#1 Jul 29, 2007
I was wondering what would be a healthy plan for me. I'm looking at hitting the gym 3-5 times a week, and on the days I'm not at the gym, doing light runs and little to no lifting (Excluding sit ups/push ups). This is just talk and I probally wont end up being THAT hardcore, but hopefully close. I'm 6" 155lbs, 14 years old, and I have been lifting since I was 13. It hasn't been anything like I am planning on doing now. I was thinking about creatine, and maybe some other supplements. I really don't know very much, and I thought I could use your advice.

Thanks,
John
Mitch

UK

#2 Sep 11, 2007
I was wondering the same thing john. I'm 14 too and i want to know which protein supplements are right for me.
ur dad

Toronto, Canada

#3 Mar 13, 2008
i hope you know protein supplements are steroids that develop muscle growth but ass soon as you stop taking them all you're muscle that you gained using the supliments will go away
so if u do take protein supplements theres no going back
Mark-A- Salinas

Eden Prairie, MN

#4 May 2, 2008
I have a 14 year that started a class two nights a week, it is a "Teenage Boot Camp". No it's not hardcore like the military, but it does involve total body workout's that my 14 year old desperately needs.
Mark A. Salinas
Mark-Salinas -MN

Maple Grove, MN

#5 May 11, 2008
It has been a "blessing" for my daughter. Keeping active and the energy level has improved.

Mark Salinas, MN
Ben from the Max Muscle

Appleton, WI

#6 May 11, 2008
John, I hope you do stick to your plan and do good on your work out regimine. I would not suggest creatine to a person of your age though. It is more important for you to get good nutrition and make sure you get enough protein. Protein is VERY important, you should be taking in a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. If it is hard to do this through good diet, then protein supplements are right for you.

In response to "Ur dad", you are wrong about protein supplements in saying that "protein supplements are steroids that develop muscle growth but ass soon as you stop taking them all you're muscle that you gained using the supliments will go away"....that is complete bullshit.
Protein supplements are an excellent way to get the needed protein that you are unable to get from a good diet. Protein supplements contain the same kind of protein found in any other source of protein, they are in no way "steroids", and you will not lose any of the muscle put on by using protein supplements.

"Ur dad"- get your facts straight before you send somebody off the right track. It sounds like somebody should give you a little advice.
Ben from the Max Muscle

Appleton, WI

#7 May 11, 2008
Mitch wrote:
I was wondering the same thing john. I'm 14 too and i want to know which protein supplements are right for me.
You want to look for a whey protein, because it is the best protein to be absorbed by the body. If you can find a protowhey.

There are three types of whey, Isolate (which is whey that was ground up smaller to be digested faster) Regular whey, and Casein (compacted whey to be absorbed slower).

Maxpro from Max Muscle sports nutrition is an excellent source of all three of these proteins and is very tasty. Also it only has one gram of fat and one gram of carbohydrates which makes it a very pure and lean source of protein supplementation.
Emili

United States

#8 Oct 28, 2008
Belive me, if you have an awsome bod-- girls will be all over you.
Get ripped and go for it, <33
get a good six pack..
Canyon Gets Krunk

Greenbrier, AR

#9 Feb 8, 2009
Im need a list of supplements that will help me get ripped quick
mac

Scarborough, Canada

#10 May 29, 2009
man what is a goood way to get strong pretty easily
mac

Scarborough, Canada

#11 May 29, 2009
about 7 mack 11s about 8 38s nine nines ten macjs
Jack

Chicago, IL

#12 Jul 9, 2009
Hey I'm fourteen too ..well my workout plan that I've been doing for like 1 month seems great for me. I've had a bench for like a year and I'm pretty built.( just naturally skinny, I'm like 5"7 and 125lbs). I wanted to get a lot of tone, and not just by taking weight off my dumbbells and doing more reps. so I remembered that chuck Norris total gym thing and did some research on it, and found somthin better for less money and its the total trainer dlx( same resistance concept but higher quality). This thing really burns and gets u toned. So each week I switch off between the total trainer and my bench. One week I'll work on tone on the total trainer for 3 days, working on biceps, triceps, chest, back, shoulders, and legs( two muscle groups for each day). The next week I'll work on mass on the bench, using heavier weight etc( same muscles worked on)..O and I don't take any supplements.
Hope this helped
Christian Z

Kingsport, TN

#13 Jul 20, 2009
John the best protein supplement is either Pro complex ,Wheybolic 60 GNC,or Dark matter is what I use.Im 14 and have grown 4 inches on my arms and chest since Ive been working out.Which has only been about 5-6 months Everyday.At this age really it doesnt matter what protein you take,It will help.I usually take 2 scoops of protein in the morning ,post workout,and at night.Drinking protein before going to bed will speed up your metabalisms to lose more calories as you sleep. NEVER drink creatine unless you are over 16 ,it will either destroy your liver or stop your growth.
My workout plan is:
Monday-chest and triceps..30 min cardio
Tuesday-back and shoulders..some sort of cardio
wednesday-arms/forearms
Thursday-abs,core , and legs.Cardio
friday-chest and triceps
Saturday-back and shoulders .Cardio
Sunday-This is a rest day,dont over do it or you will break down your muscles more than building them up. And Always take a minute rest in between sets of lifting.

I usually watch an encouraging movie like Never back down or rocky once a week.

If you dont see any improvements over a week,keep trying.

And if the only thing you worry about is getting a six pack then you shouldnt even try to workout .

Working out burns fat in which you need to do in order to see your pack.

Eat healthy and lay off the sat. fat.

Always do your workout right,Do a weight that you can do 10-15 reps of,Then once a month max out.More weight makes you strong,less and more reps gives you definition and gets you cut.

Hope this helps you out a little ..
Devin

Zanesville, OH

#14 Jan 12, 2010
Bro its not a steriod im 14 5'9 and weigh 144(all muscle) use part creatine before a workout about 25 mins before than protien right after(mix with milk)
BRADLEY

UK

#16 Feb 9, 2010
IAM 16 AND LOOK FOR THE BEST WAY TO WORK OUT SO I CAIN MUSCLE AND TO TONE UP
Hhhh

Woodridge, IL

#17 Mar 2, 2010
Im 14 and I don't seriously think you should take suppplements... I use this plan:
Monday-curls( do a weight u can do for 12-15 reps) 21's, hammerfist vertical and horizontal about 8-10 reps, barbell curls, after bicep I do random things for tricep like a lift behind ur head with dumbbell forgt wat it called and triangl pushups. Then cardio ( tredmill/punch tha bag for bout 45 min)
Tuesday-rest
Wednesday- full cardio day with minimal rest ( anything tiring)
Thursday- chest
Friday- rest
Sat- same as monday
Sunday-same as wednesday
this is my HOME workout plan until I join a gym
btw I'm 5'7 165lb
marko

Valley Forge, PA

#18 Mar 25, 2010
Mitch wrote:
dont take any of tht crap im 14 5'6 135lbs i dont take of them thhey stop ur growth
marko

Valley Forge, PA

#19 Mar 25, 2010
im 14 5'5-5'6 135lbs i work out evry day lift 10 lbs for each arm push upscant do more than 32 at time. inever wana take any of the protein crap
marko

Valley Forge, PA

#20 Mar 25, 2010
Devin wrote:
Bro its not a steriod im 14 5'9 and weigh 144(all muscle) use part creatine before a workout about 25 mins before than protien right after(mix with milk)
i only drink milk and get my protein from pork chops and all other shit i eat all day
marko

Valley Forge, PA

#21 Mar 25, 2010
ur dad wrote:
i hope you know protein supplements are steroids that develop muscle growth but ass soon as you stop taking them all you're muscle that you gained using the supliments will go away
so if u do take protein supplements theres no going back
true brother

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weight Training Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bodybuilding Tips For Vegans & Vegetarians (Sep '09) Nov 9 sushil864 2
Meet the teenage sex swap lovers (Jul '13) Nov 5 DuckDuck_Goose 180
These Christian swingers like sharing Bible ver... Sep '14 Tom 1
Editorial: Labor costs weighing down Postal Ser... Sep '14 ICTDCO 2
Primal Burn Review: Fat Burner System the Real ... (Jan '13) Aug '14 Rando 3
JessicaBell published Aug 11, 2014 /Press Relea... Aug '14 Weilos 1
Bangalore's Pani Puri seller is a body builder ... (May '08) Aug '14 NAVEEN 47

Weight Training People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE