Mr. Governor-Elect, don't quit on the...

Mr. Governor-Elect, don't quit on the kids

There are 1 comment on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Jan 2, 2011, titled Mr. Governor-Elect, don't quit on the kids. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

As a young child, I was overweight, stuttered and wasn't very confident. But when I turned 14, I started lifting weights and it changed my life completely.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

wyjomo

Vallejo, CA

#1 Jan 3, 2011
Jake, you are a good guy. Everybody feels better when they're active and healthy, but if you really want to combat childhood obesity,the most important thing you can do is lobby to remove federal corn subsidies. Can't say enough about what highly refined high fructose corn syrup does to a kids body. They need exercise for sure, and plenty of it, but you will have much healthier, happier, more productive kids when you quit putting CORN in everything they eat and that won't stop until the price is competitive. Right now it is vastly cheaper than anything else because the federal subsidies allow producers to sell it at BELOW THE COST OF PRODUCTION. That is the primary cause of childhood obesity, corn-feeding our livestock and our kids. Only our kids are not being sold by the pound.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weight Training Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crazy Bulk Releases New Muscle Building Supplement (Mar '15) Aug 21 DonnaMathews 2
News Pros: Be realistic about holiday diet, fitness (Nov '13) Aug 21 DonnaMathews 5
Tips on How to Build Muscle and Lose Fat For Men (Feb '13) Aug 21 DonnaMathews 10
News Bodybuilding Tips For Vegans & Vegetarians (Sep '09) Aug 20 DonnaMathews 6
really want to be slimming Aug 20 DonnaMathews 2
free supplements for men! Aug 20 DonnaMathews 3
10 best fat loss foods to get the best weight Aug 20 DonnaMathews 3
More from around the web