Gold's Gyms in Corte Madera, Bay Area to cut ties with parent company

There are 4 comments on the Oct 27, 2010, Marin Independent Journal story titled Gold's Gyms in Corte Madera, Bay Area to cut ties with parent company. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Gold's Gym franchises in Corte Madera and elsewhere in the Bay Area plan to cut their ties with the bodybuilding chain over its CEO's contributions to a Karl Rove-backed group.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Money and Sweat

San Rafael, CA

#48 Oct 29, 2010
gold member wrote:
Don Dickerson?. that is the SORRIEST **** I have ever met in Golds Gym Marin. He is a lifeless individual with not an once of personality and is just as racist as anti-gays. I am honestly surprised that he hasnt been **** slapped for the way he is changing Golds and if I was his supervisor I wouldnt hesitate to get rid of him or SLAP him two times!!!
GET RID OF HIM GOLD'S. EVEN THE GAYS DON'T LIKE HIM!
This is a ploy to get out of their franchise agreement. I hope Gold's coporate sues him good for breach of contract and defamation of character.

The Corte Madera Gold's will never miss my money. I had intended to sign up this week. They can now be the "Gay Paradise Sweat Works" or any other name they want. They have marginalized themselves by their ignorant intolerance of "non-PC" people.

Since: Oct 10

Ahmedabad, India

#49 Dec 18, 2010
Itís a know fact that each one, especially women love accepting gifts of any kind. no words are left for her to express the feeling of happiness as, every women love
MuscleHedz

Perth, Australia

#50 Dec 26, 2010
Leaving for 24HourFitness wrote:
I'm quitting Gold's. I don't like the Corte Madera Gym anti-straight politics.
Dobsons right Golds is no longer the Mecca of Bodybuilding.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#51 May 17, 2011
Well, Now this public proceed to censure Gold's Gym for carrying a cautious assembly (not accidentally in any way form or pattern anti-gay) has me believe two times where I spend my dollars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weight Training Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeunesse Instantly Ageless - Best UK Supplier Apr 23 Joy Joy 1
News Lebanon prison focus of steroid probe (Apr '13) Apr 14 lilacsummer 13
News Bodybuilding Tips For Vegans & Vegetarians (Sep '09) Mar 28 powerprecision1 5
Blast Your Bench Review: New Effective Workouts... (May '13) Mar '15 smashhits 2
Help with Formula Ventures BodyTech machine (Jan '09) Mar '15 HSI_Man 100
News Astronaut set to spend one year in space Mar '15 Trinity-Kate 4
News Fitness buffs seeking breast milk for extra car... Mar '15 GymRatJuice 1
More from around the web