Gold's Gyms in Corte Madera, Bay Area to cut ties with parent company

Gold's Gym franchises in Corte Madera and elsewhere in the Bay Area plan to cut their ties with the bodybuilding chain over its CEO's contributions to a Karl Rove-backed group. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mahatma Mohatma

Palo Alto, CA

#3 Oct 27, 2010
yes, Hank, have some bluberries
Leaving for 24HourFitness

Larkspur, CA

#4 Oct 27, 2010
I'm quitting Gold's. I don't like the Corte Madera Gym anti-straight politics.
Ghay

Novato, CA

#5 Oct 27, 2010
SF is just a disgusting community...pro-everthing that is wrong with this world and anti-anything that makes sense.

Been here for a long time to learn this.

Since: Aug 09

San Rafael, CA

#6 Oct 27, 2010
More tolerance from the left.
Yeah Man

United States

#9 Oct 27, 2010
Wow, Ive been censored for nothing, so much for the first amendment. I was just saying the equivalent of crap and mo..fo..
GayGolds

Greenbrae, CA

#10 Oct 27, 2010
That's it I'm quitting Golds. This is BS. What about those who support contributions to Karl Rove's efforts? Did the management consider polling it's membership on this issue at least instead of making it's own decisions based on the political climate? Unbelieveable!
ohsusan

Alameda, CA

#11 Oct 27, 2010
Hank wrote:
I thought all those guys going into Gold's looked fruity.
Bring back Raylene's Skating Rink!
It was Raydine's and I miss it, too. It was special.
Fudgepacker

Greenbrae, CA

#12 Oct 27, 2010
Maybe Golds Management should direct their attention on their staff and trainers who use and sell narcotics (incl steroids) on their own premises...
TLBarry

Pittsburg, CA

#13 Oct 28, 2010
Why is there such racism and hatred by the previous commentators on this list? What have members of the LGBT community done to you personally? Why so much anger? Isn't there something different about you that you want people to accept of you?

“Boing, boing, boing, boing,”

Since: Aug 08

..boing, boing, boing, boing,.

#14 Oct 28, 2010
TLBarry wrote:
Why is there such racism and hatred by the previous commentators on this list? What have members of the LGBT community done to you personally? Why so much anger? Isn't there something different about you that you want people to accept of you?
Please show Me just one post that is racist.
Come on, I dare You.
John Bernstein

United States

#15 Oct 28, 2010
Bob Rowling is a great American trying to defend the masses from our massive kakistocracy . Individuals can donate to and support any person or group they believe in.
Hyman

San Rafael, CA

#16 Oct 28, 2010
Commander Bunny wrote:
<quoted text>Please show Me just one post that is racist.
Come on, I dare You.
Yeah, and I'm tired of being force fed GIBLETS every time I read the paper or watch TV.
Frank

San Rafael, CA

#17 Oct 28, 2010
TLBarry wrote:
Offended me with their vulgarity, lack of morals, decency and willingness to force their personal choices on me as a "civil right". Other than that, nothing.
Feel the Burn

San Rafael, CA

#18 Oct 28, 2010
Although, I am politically conservative, I was actually about to join Gold's Gym despite their obvious gay connection.(see the ad for a gay dance party at the Folsom St fair in the news section). I figure- live and let live. I am there to work out.

Now this public act to censure Gold's Gym for supporting a conservative group (not incidentally in any way shape or form anti-gay) has me think twice where I spend my dollars.

If they really think they can grow their business by censuring other's people speech, let them have at it. They will not get my $$$.

If you Liberals can't see what is wrong with this, imagine if Gold's Gym CEO was supporting liberal causes and a franchisee made a public attack on his views-you'd have your "panties in a bunch"
so long

Novato, CA

#19 Oct 28, 2010
Leaving for 24HourFitness wrote:
I'm quitting Gold's. I don't like the Corte Madera Gym anti-straight politics.
See ya bye bye Cry babie

“Watching Community Issues”

San Rafael, CA

#20 Oct 28, 2010
WE ALL & ALWAYS MUST-BE PC AT ALL TIMES REGARDLESS OF THE COSTS ..........

"Anytime you and I question the schemes of the do-gooders, we're denounced as being against their humanitarian goals. They say we're always "against" things, we're never "for" anything. Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Gov. Ronald Reagan

“Watching Community Issues”

San Rafael, CA

#22 Oct 28, 2010
John Bernstein wrote:
Bob Rowling is a great American trying to defend the masses from our massive kakistocracy . Individuals can donate to and support any person or group they believe in.
-- Resistance to the vast expansion of government power, intrusiveness and debt, as represented by the Tea Party movement? Why, racist resentment toward a black president.
-- Disgust and alarm with the federal government's unwillingness to curb illegal immigration, as crystallized in the Arizona law? Nativism.
-- Opposition to the most radical redefinition of marriage in human history, as expressed in Proposition 8 in California? Homophobia.
-- Opposition to a 15-story Islamic center and mosque near Ground Zero? Islamophobia.
Charles Krauthammer
fruits and nuts

San Anselmo, CA

#23 Oct 28, 2010
it is funny because california thinks that what is right out here is right throughout the rest of the country. The fact of the matter is, only california tolerates gays. You could throw in New York as well. But the rest of the country does not tolerate gays. The country seems to believe that gays equal anarchy in the streets and that would be no way to run gov't. Also, Obama has really hurt the gay movement by putting so many radical gays in positions of power. People feel he is doing it to cause anarchy. Even Gavin Newsom hurt the gays bigger than any other mayor in recent memory when he said "Whether you like it or not!". That statement turned off a lot of californians when gov't acts that we work for them and not the other way around. Gavin's statement was broadcast throughout the entire country and showed up all over the place in ad's during this latest election.
gays

San Anselmo, CA

#24 Oct 28, 2010
John Bernstein wrote:
the gays don't like it when you don't follow them in lock-step. Hitler was exactly the same way.

Anyone notice that in the last 2 years that "LGBT" is everywhere from bus stops, to billboards, to tv commercials, etc. All of a sudden this stuff is being jammed down our throats. Now I have my kids asking me what this stuff is all about.

My kids are not allowed to step into that gold's gym. I know other parents have warned their kids too.
lara smith

San Leandro, CA

#25 Oct 28, 2010
Free speech and individual beliefs only apply if you agree with Dems? What happened to respect of different opinions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weight Training Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Editorial: Labor costs weighing down Postal Ser... Sep 6 ICTDCO 2
Workout Plan for 14 Year Old (Jul '07) Aug 20 Your a fcking retard 29
Primal Burn Review: Fat Burner System the Real ... (Jan '13) Aug 19 Rando 3
JessicaBell published Aug 11, 2014 /Press Relea... Aug '14 Weilos 1
Bangalore's Pani Puri seller is a body builder ... (May '08) Aug '14 NAVEEN 47
we can help each other Aug '14 Anonymous 1
New Workout Kosama (Feb '10) Jul '14 Kosama Clive 65
•••

Weight Training People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE