Popular health-club owner's death leaves many reeling - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Friends remembered Orchard Hills Athletic Club owner Tim Richards as a caring and compassionate businessman, who paid his success forward to the community around him.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
wonder what happened

Clinton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Judged:

any truth to the rumor that it was suicide?
move on

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Judged:

Whats it to you?
Does it matter?
The man is dead. His family is hurting, that's all you need to know.
ConservativeGirl

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

My prayers are with the Richards family.
Club Member

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Tim was an extraordinary human being. An example of caring, and a huge heart. He will be sadly missed.
Anonymous

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

move on wrote:
Whats it to you?
Does it matter?
The man is dead. His family is hurting, that's all you need to know.
You need to relax, first of all.
wonder

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

It was suicide. See the other thread about his court case, remarks from not just us spectators but family members. Past transgressions aside, a very unfortunate outcome. Very permanent solution to a temporary problem. RIP.
Walnuts

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Tim did great things, was a great man. My heart goes out to Sheila who is a wonderful woman. I hope he is at peace.
move on

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Roger Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to relax, first of all.
Sure Roger, I shouldn't find it offensive that the first poster seeks gossip and titillation when a family is in mourning.
fitchburg

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

So very sorry for the Richards' family.
local

Somerville, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Such a sad thing ..
And to Club Member 2 ... what an ignorant statement. You knew who Tim was for 20 years but your statement tells me you did not really know Tim.
AAA

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice dodge of the question.
There are 2 sides to every story, remember that. The story at the time may or maynot have happened the way it was reported. It's a he said, she said.
move on

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Hmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you find hitting a woman just as offensive?
Probably more so, but death would trump all.
Still offensive to need to gossip
And yes, you and your comments are offensive as well.
Lowell

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Judged:

Can there ever be an article written about someone without an absolutely heartless, ignorant statement made? This is a situation where a person died. So what if there's another story... Why does it matter how he died? If you really needed to post that, you could've posted it in another topic. Have a little class. Don't worry, in a few days, if it hasn't happened already, you'll have your answers. People never disappoint me... I always can count on gossip to make its rounds. But seriously, the man is dead. Have some respect.
friend

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Being a long time friend and co-worker of Tims.....I give high regard to how he was to his employees, friends, and family. I have known Tim for close to 25 years and during that time, I, not once, seen a mad or mean bone upon him. He was dedicated to his staff and his business....he just showed so much interest in their welfare, and always looking out for them. There are two sides to every story and Tims story is a compassionate, caring, one.
I think we all need to look at how the judicial system works and how unfair it is. Tim gave, gave, gave....and that giving wasn't just at his place of business. He was made to be a monster by certain people.....we all need to wake up and smell the coffee and see beyond our rose colored glasses. I will miss him...but what I do believe in is "what goes around, comes around".....Bless you Tim....may you be at peace!
Just dpmeone

Haddonfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

TIM you were truelly a kind and gentle soul. You leave great memories in hearts of those of whom your kindnesses and warm smiles you always shared with so genuinely:0))RIP
Walnuts

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Tim was a great human being. As such, nothing is perfect. I think he had unspeakable pain, the curse of the ambitious man.
This is a great loss. A huge loss. Perfect? No. Great? Absolutely.
local

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

To Friend, Just dpmeone and Walnuts ... well said. I think the three post capture the essence of Tim and Lowell, I think you captured the sad side of society.. there will always be mean spirited people who hide behind their keyboards and through barbs. Before I even came to this page I knew there would be some ill informed people looking to anger the rest of us. Let there comments roll off your back... they are sad people.
Just someone

Haddonfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

The thought of Tim will always feel like Sunday mornimg.
Just someone

Haddonfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Tim once said "I don't care what anyone else has,I Have Sheala"! He loved her no matter what:) and forever,respect that::0)
Brenda

Holden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

I knew Tim as a very compassonate man who did alot for the community. For those who wish to judge him for anything else will have to answer for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••