Stay Healthy When You Don't Have Time

One of the biggest reasons for skipping out on a healthy diet and regular exercise is that many people think they're too busy. Full Story
Christina

Baltimore, MD

#1 Sep 17, 2008
I for one can only find time to work out early in the morning no later then 5:30am or 6. My issue is the price of the food we are "supposed" to eat. Fresh veggies and fruits cost an arm and a leg, there are times when I'm down to tuna and rice for a week. What "Healthy" alternatives can your sources suggest that work within a VERY small budget? BTW my gym membership is about a dollar a day $31 for month, just so you know I'm not spending a ton of money on that. No I don't have a new car and I buy used clothes. I don't east fast food either. Thanks
Knights Of Columbus

Rockville, MD

#2 Sep 18, 2008
Education can mean everything in the world when it comes to some simple basics. Eating a good breakfast is one thing to get the necessary vitamins, minerals and proteins. Another thing is staying fit. As we age, it becomes even more important to follow these simple rules. Heredity plays a role in many factors. If both parents are healthy, more than likely the offspring will be too.
Knights Of Columbus

Rockville, MD

#4 Sep 23, 2008
Bears can become good pets and we thought that they were to live long and healthy lives but were surprised to learn that one had arthritis and was serious enough for the bear to be put to sleep with some drugs. After a long battle with arthritis, Elizabeth the Bear was humanely put to sleep September 17. For years Elizabeth had been experiencing trouble walking and the pain of her arthritis had become worse in the past month. Elizabeth came to Grandfather Mountain from Ohio in 1984 with her brother Walter. The two cubs became famous when they were adopted and raised by Mildred the Bear, Grandfather Mountain's longtime mascot. A film, shown regularly in Grandfather's Nature Museum Theater, documents Elizabeth's adoption. This movie was created by the late Hugh Morton. Because bears are normally hostile to cubs that are not their own, Morton felt it was a history-making event when Mildred proved willing to nurse the 10-week-old cubs. The two tiny cubs were named Walter and Elizabeth to honor Sir Walter Raleigh and Queen Elizabeth I. At that time, North Carolina was celebrating the 400th anniversary of the first English settlement in the New World in 1984. The habitat staff remembers Elizabeth as a bear that loved to eat and who was sweet and laid back in her old age.

Mija

Warsaw, Poland

#5 Nov 17, 2008
Personally I have no time to care about my health and it's not only my problem, I think, I know it. Todays our live is so fast that it's happieness when I can sleep enough to be fresh next day. Fortunately often I hear obout health life style in radio, TV or I notice some fotos on bilbords. It's the reason why sometimes I bring me to mind to go to the swimmingpool or to the gym. Of course it's happens not so often like I want. But there is one thing which I remember always. I think about health eating. Fresh fruits and vegggis let me stay fit. It's so important to eat few smaller meals than one or two bigger. I resign of fat products like chips. So, I think that health diet is the half way to success. But what with the other half...
KingaM

Warsaw, Poland

#6 Nov 30, 2011
Stayed healthy when You don't have time? Honestly, I don't even have time for their friends.. I' m studying and working so unfortunately it is very difficult to reconcile. Only on the weekends I try to go to the gym but it isnt regularly because I have too much to do at home. Despite the lack of time, I'm trying to do something active and I remember about health eating, because I know how important it is for my health.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A look at fitness centers and gyms in the Farmi... Sep 11 Ben 7
Editorial: Labor costs weighing down Postal Ser... Sep 6 ICTDCO 2
Kids Health: Injuries in Youth Sports on the Rise Aug 27 Anonymous 1
steroids24.net Review Aug 27 waltyb 4
Community Calendar, Aug. 21 to Aug. 30 Aug 23 CNN Wolf is so fu... 2
How a child's drawings at four 'are a clue to c... Aug 19 humanSpirit 1
How to lose weight before wedding day (Nov '13) Aug '14 Lina 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••