Hereditary Depression May Have a Link...

Hereditary Depression May Have a Link to Brain Matter

There are 6 comments on the IVillage Total Health story from May 1, 2009, titled Hereditary Depression May Have a Link to Brain Matter. In it, IVillage Total Health reports that:

People with a family history of depression have less matter on the right side of their brain, according to new research.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at IVillage Total Health.

Been there

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 May 1, 2009
Still no reason to be on drugs that change who you are and how you act. Notice they say "some had"...."may have"...not definitive.

Get off all your brain altering medications:
Heal Depression Naturally No Therapy No Drugs
by Gwynne Curry
gailwarning

Lake Mary, FL

#2 May 2, 2009
Please be more responsible in what you say to people. You would not tell a person with diabetes not to take insulin.

In a disorder with suicidal potential, its victims don't need another thing to feel bad about (I shouldn't need medication.)
Gwynne Curry

United States

#3 May 28, 2009
In response to the comment posted by "Been there": I am Gwynne Curry and I wrote the book mentioned. In my book I make it very clear that if you're currently on medication that you should not discontinue it without the advice and help of the medical professional who prescribed it. There are serious side effects to stopping some anti-depressants cold turkey, so I would never recommend doing that. However, if you're depressed but haven't started on medication, my book may give you the tools and techniques to overcome your depression so that you won't have to take them.

“burnt bannock”

Since: Mar 09

Canada

#4 Jun 1, 2009
its better reading with
Dr David Burns who explains a whole lot more.
Brayan

Prague, Czech Republic

#5 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Dolley

UK

#6 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/TRCx1y only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Belly-dancing, finances among Dublin schools' p... (Oct '10) Sat Todd 10
News Meditate your way to mindfulness Jan '17 Anonymous 1
News 13 of the Lehigh Valley's hottest apartments Dec '16 silly rabbit 1
News Fight Brews as Boulder City Council Takes up Na... Dec '16 kahuna 1
101 Affordable gifts for gym and fitness fanatics Dec '16 GIYM 1
The Only Preworkout You Need. Thank Me Later Dec '16 thunderinglight 1
News Personal Trainers Reveal the Best Products to R... Nov '16 WalM 3
More from around the web