Spanish public TV channel draws fire in Md.

May 27, 2007 Full story: News Journal 133

“The reality is that this channel will enhance the intellect not just of Hispanics, but of all other open-minded individuals.”

Maryland Public Television's plan to launch a Spanish language channel is drawing complaints from critics who charge that the publicly funded organization should not be catering to an individual ethnic group. via News Journal

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Natty Bumppo

Ronan, MT

#125 May 21, 2010
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you call me "Pancho" to my face, boy? I love to make racists bleed and walk funny for life...
I'm not Mexican, boy. You assume much. I do speak Castilian nearly as well as English, but I was born in the USA and my ethnicity is not Mexican.
You're a traitor. Call me "commie" to my face and I'll make your mama watch you eat your own dick. Racists like you need to be exterminated for the national good... look how much better Germany is WITHOUT the Nazis!
Now go pick your own food, boy, lazy fat gringo parasite.
Let's see, you're not Mex, not a Jew, yet you want to call everyone gringo, not knowing what our ethnicity is. All whites are racist according to you, so obviously you're not white. You claim to speak Spanish, so you're probably a puerto rican or from some central american 3rd world shithole and you feel put upon by those bad white people. You claim to be an American but can only bad mouth this country, so it looks like you're the traitor. You wouldn't last two minutes with a Nazi pussy boy.
Barros Serrano

Shadyside, OH

#126 May 21, 2010
I never said all whites are racist. Many whites are fine anti-racist folks with whom I feel camaraderie. It's just bigoted Ugly AmeriKKKan dittoheads like you I don't like, boy.

I'm from the USA, boy. I bad mouth bad policy and bad people like you, not entire countries. I tell the truth about USA corporate malfeasance. Is that the country? LOL... if you identify corporations with the flag, you're demented. Jefferson warned you against that, but you of course have no clue of anything Jefferson said, you fake patriot blowhard piece of crap. Turn off Rush Limbaugh and think for yourself, boy.
Natty Bumppo

Ronan, MT

#127 May 21, 2010
Barros Serrano wrote:
I never said all whites are racist. Many whites are fine anti-racist folks with whom I feel camaraderie. It's just bigoted Ugly AmeriKKKan dittoheads like you I don't like, boy.
I'm from the USA, boy. I bad mouth bad policy and bad people like you, not entire countries. I tell the truth about USA corporate malfeasance. Is that the country? LOL... if you identify corporations with the flag, you're demented. Jefferson warned you against that, but you of course have no clue of anything Jefferson said, you fake patriot blowhard piece of crap. Turn off Rush Limbaugh and think for yourself, boy.
You're obviously some minority--black I suspect, since you're all hung up on this racism bullshit. It gives you something to whine about, blame whites for your lack of success, etc. The only minorities we have here are American Indians. I prefer their kind to blacks and hispanics because they don't whine and complain and try to live peaceably among whites. I'm surprised you even know who Jefferson was--he had slaves remember, so he was a terrible white man, wasn't he boy.
Barros Serrano

Shadyside, OH

#128 May 21, 2010
You're a racist turd. Keep guessing, traitor...

Your bigotry makes you anti-American and un-American. You would probably like to commit acts of terrorism or genocide against "minorities", wouldn't you, halfman?

Whites treated people like crap so live with historical reality. Now we work for a just country, not with reactionary bigotry like yours poisoning the national mood.

You conservatives will be remembered as the worst enemies this county had in this era.

Traitors!

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#129 May 21, 2010
Natty Bumppo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're obviously some minority--black I suspect, since you're all hung up on this racism bullshit. It gives you something to whine about, blame whites for your lack of success, etc. The only minorities we have here are American Indians. I prefer their kind to blacks and hispanics because they don't whine and complain and try to live peaceably among whites. I'm surprised you even know who Jefferson was--he had slaves remember, so he was a terrible white man, wasn't he boy.
His 'boy' this and 'boy' that kinda gives him away,doesn't it?
A wanna-be 'revolutionary' who won't give up his cushy life in the country he so despises in order to join his heroes,the Castro brothers.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#130 May 22, 2010
Comments
Jawga Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
But when they enlisted, did the military have to learn Spanish?
Did they serve them Puerto Rican food in the chow hall?
Yeah, thought so!
Some Anglo commanders had to know Spanish and those who didn't used interpreters. That didn't deter the Puerto Rican regiment from showing exceptional bravery in combat, did it? As for Puerto Rican food. It's not hard to make. Rice beans with pork-chops or chicken would have been fine. Furthermore, a professional soldier is taught to deprive himself of home commodities. You know that. One thing though, the Anglo units learned how to keep themselves warn in North Korea due to Puerto Rican ingenuity in construction some kind of portable heating devise. In any case, a Puerto Rican bayonet charge sent the attacking Chineses running at one point. It was a very decorated unit which only refused to move forward when deprived of adequate ammunition.

The survivors of that unit returned to the island as paraplegics, amputees, disfigured but were compensated with military pensions. That is if indeed one can be compensated fully in that way.

BTW
The draft was in effect in Puerto Rico and many of those soldiers had been drafted.

Purto Ricans in Korea
http://www.valerosos.com/
Natty Bumppo

Ronan, MT

#131 May 24, 2010
copperpossum wrote:
<quoted text>
His 'boy' this and 'boy' that kinda gives him away,doesn't it?
A wanna-be 'revolutionary' who won't give up his cushy life in the country he so despises in order to join his heroes,the Castro brothers.
That's it--he's a Cuban cockroach! Fits because he's black and claims to speak Spanish. Maybe he came over on Carter's Marielito boat lift--remember the US became the recipient of Cuba's criminals and mental cases.
old timer

Davenport, FL

#132 May 24, 2010
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why it's falling apart. We have to stop this nonsense. ONE language - English - will be a good start.
That would be a grate start

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#133 May 24, 2010
Most people in Puerto Rico speak Spanish as their primary language but refuse to make it the official language. Figure that one out.
americangreatnes s

Oroville, CA

#134 May 24, 2010
i agree with a lot of what has been said here - it does seem like the spanish folks living here dont care to learn our language, and really, i have learnt more spanish in trying to take care of these patients than they have learnt in living here for years and years. it probably reflects a low level of education in childhood, and an inability to understand that assimliation is important. our civic life will get disrupted by more third world people coming into this country either illegally or through family based connections. only skill and knowledge based immigrants should be allowed. that way we can take care of the poor that are already here rather than add to the ranks of more low skill and uneducated people(mostly mexicans). it is also true that starting spanish television channels, allowing illegals to reside and get licences, making businesses, courts and hospitals to get interpreters is really ridiculous and leads to disharmony in our society where a common language does not hold the people together. Sinajuavi is obviously hispanic herself/himself, but the fact of the matter is that mexico is also monolingual. in fact, most countries are monolingual, at least all the developed ones - Germany, France, England and the scandinavian countries. I think one of the most racist things is when hispanic voters support those people that broke the laws of the country where there hispanic people live. rather than having an allegiance to the laws of this great country, they still want to support more illegal immigration - this is purely racist because it favors one group over another- and is also primarily selfish, and not civic at all.
Barros Serrano

Amherst, VA

#135 May 24, 2010
Wrong again...

Mexico has a variety of languages. There are a million speakers of Nahuatl still. And many Mayan speakers.

I have been around the fields of Watsonville CA and heard the farmworkers talking and couldn't understand a word of it... they spoke Mixteca, from Oaxaca, Mexico.

Mexican people were living and speaking Castilian in the Southwest before any gringos were there. It is insolent in the extreme to conquer an area and then insist they adopt your language.

France has several languages, including Bréton. Spain has five. Switzerland three. Belgium two.

You don't seem to know what the hell you're talking about.
El Cid Campeador

Harrisburg, PA

#136 Sep 3, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
Wrong again...
Mexico has a variety of languages. There are a million speakers of Nahuatl still. And many Mayan speakers.
I have been around the fields of Watsonville CA and heard the farmworkers talking and couldn't understand a word of it... they spoke Mixteca, from Oaxaca, Mexico.
Mexican people were living and speaking Castilian in the Southwest before any gringos were there. It is insolent in the extreme to conquer an area and then insist they adopt your language.
France has several languages, including Bréton. Spain has five. Switzerland three. Belgium two.
You don't seem to know what the hell you're talking about.
Que se puede esperar? En este sitio la intelligencia brilla por su ausencia.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#137 Sep 3, 2012
El Cid Campeador wrote:
<quoted text>
Que se puede esperar? En este sitio la intelligencia brilla por su ausencia.
Sí, claro. Estos pendejos ni siquiera saben hablar bien el pinche inglés, y es su único idioma...

What do you call someone who speaks 3 or more languages?
Polyglot.

What do you call someone who speaks 2 languages?
Bilingual.

What do you call someone who speaks only 1 language?
A YANK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the best bodybuilder past and present? (Feb '14) Oct 18 Kenny 4
Jennifer Aniston's Naked Yoga Practice Responsi... Oct 17 Noushin 1
14 day cleanse diet pill Oct 17 James brine 7
Woman's Fitness Oct 11 kurtcooksalot16 1
Best way to lose weight Oct 6 jesse3132 3
Dr. Oz WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM Oct 2 Jupiter 1
Jesus Christ, the Son of God Sep 30 Son of God 1

Fitness People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE