Tao Fellowship dedicates Mago statue and Earth Park

Dec 20, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Verde Independent

The Mago Earth Park remains in the midst of a Conditional Use Permit application.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
dee

Cornville, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Judged:

I think this park is out of place and does not belong in the Arizona desert and in a rural rugged setting. This has nothing to do with our culture and doesn't belong here. Please abide by the citizens of the Verde Valley and remove that 50ft statue and all the statues around it
Still Dahn Member

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Judged:

This Mago Statue is ugly ugly ugly!!! Too Big Big Big! I agree with Dahn's concept. Everybody wants "Peace" "Happy" "Smile" but we don't need ugly big statu at all. This is Ilchi Lee's ego. Why don't you make small classy Mago Stutu ? I don't want to see big ugly blondi in the beautiful red rock nature. Dahn becomes " Religious group"?
Dahn should take proper step to build this Giant Statue. Ilchi, do you have regular "common sense"?
jared

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2010

Judged:

down with mongo! i meam mago.
azbreez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2010

Judged:

It is all in how you percieve ugly. The statue is far less massive than the church across the street. What happened to the belief that all are allowed to express their opinion? Or does this only apply to a select few??? It is a simple reminder to all to take care of our earth. No one has done much so far! Thank you Tao center.
Christopher Blackwell

Deming, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

Judged:

If the zoning board goes through with attempting to get rid of the statue they face a very real chance of losing a lawsuit under federal law, The Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act 2000 that was passed in Congress unanimously by both houses, both parties, liberals and religious conservatives. It was designed to stop zoning boards from misusing their powers to keep minority religions out of neighborhoods.

I have read and listened to complaints and it is often quite obviously that the main complaint is that it is a Pagan earth goddess and this seems to upset some local Christians. Sorry but freedom of religion, means all religions, not just the popular ones.

In just about every court case zoning boards have lost to religious groups under this law.

The Koreans have a good case and if they advertise and open up a fund for the court fight, I and many others would donate to the cause.

She is a very pretty earth goddess and we have a great many statues, many on government buildings to Pagan gods and goddesses.
rleete

Cottonwood, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

this park is a ugly monstrosity at the gateway to our town and has no business being there at the gateway to our town and doesn't represent anything about our town or it's history it is out of place and I don't want it there to be seen by strangers or family most of the people that want it live out of the Cottonwood area let them take there junk some place else
rleete

Cottonwood, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

Judged:

Christopher Blackwell wrote:
If the zoning board goes through with attempting to get rid of the statue they face a very real chance of losing a lawsuit under federal law, The Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act 2000 that was passed in Congress unanimously by both houses, both parties, liberals and religious conservatives. It was designed to stop zoning boards from misusing their powers to keep minority religions out of neighborhoods.
I have read and listened to complaints and it is often quite obviously that the main complaint is that it is a Pagan earth goddess and this seems to upset some local Christians. Sorry but freedom of religion, means all religions, not just the popular ones.
In just about every court case zoning boards have lost to religious groups under this law.
The Koreans have a good case and if they advertise and open up a fund for the court fight, I and many others would donate to the cause.
She is a very pretty earth goddess and we have a great many statues, many on government buildings to Pagan gods and goddesses.
Sorry but all that the world has to say about this does not hold water in the light of the fact that God says it is Wrong he who excepts Pagan earth gods goddess will reap his wraith and bring it on his self he is the God of all the world and will not stand for any other god worship this will bring all the worst on this community not blessing if you don't thin so look back at history in this matter you will reap what you sow

Rev Raymond I Leete Profit Evangelist
Will Walden

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Christopher Blackwell wrote:
If the zoning board goes through with attempting to get rid of the statue they face a very real chance of losing a lawsuit under federal law, The Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act 2000 that was passed in Congress unanimously by both houses, both parties, liberals and religious conservatives. It was designed to stop zoning boards from misusing their ...

... d many others would donate to the cause.
Just so YOU know what YOU are talking about - MAGO is NOT a religion!!! Everything related to the statue is commercial in nature. And as for what Mago stands for ... why not look up the real meanings like I did? See below ... the only reference is to a Mythological Goddess and that does not make it a religious relic. Now the Church across the street IS a legitimate religious organization and deserves some respect, especially when bogus groups use the "religion" card to try and trump proper procedures.

----------

Mago may refer to:

* Mago (genus), a genus of jumping spiders
* Mago, the Xian (Taoism) in East Asia

Places:

* Mago Island, an island in Fiji
* Mago, Minorca, a Carthaginian and later Roman town in Minorca
* Mago, Russia, a townlet in Russia
* Mago National Park, in southwest Ethiopia
o Mount Mago a mountain in Mago National Park, southwest Ethiopia
o Mago River a tributary of the Omo river in Mago National Park, southwest Ethiopia

People:

* Mago (agricultural writer), a Carthaginian writer quoted and drawn on by Columella
* Mago, a Japanese arcade game player.
* Mago (Barcid)(243 BCE - 203 BCE), a Carthaginian general, son of Hamilcar Barca and brother of Hannibal
* Mago (fleet commander),(died 383 BCE), a Carthaginian fleet commander, active in Sicily
* Mago (general), a Carthaginian general active in Sicily in the mid 4th century BCE
* Mago (goddess), a goddess in Korean mythology
* The Magonids of the ruling dynasty of Carthage from 550 BCE to 340 BCE
o Mago I of Carthage (reigned c.550-c.530 BCE)
o Mago II of Carthage (reigned 396-375 BCE)
o Mago III of Carthage (reigned 375-344 BCE)
* Andrea Bargnani known as "Il Mago" (1985 -) Italian basketball player
* Francisco Mago Leccia "Mago")(1931 - 2004), Venezuelan ichthyologist
* Hannibal Mago (died 406 BCE) Carthaginian Shofet and General

In entertainment:

* Mago (album), a 2007 Jazz album by Billy Martin and John Medeski
* Mägo de Oz, a Celtic folk metal band from Spain
* Nurarihyon no Mago, a manga series
Chuck

Sedona, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

I'm not really happy with the Statue but I worry more about the Government stepping in. To me the church is also out of place but I see no cry for it to move. I could be wrong but I bet most against the Statue if push comes to shove our Bible thumpers who believe anyone who don't believe like them are Pagans and will for sure go to Hell
Peter

Cottonwood, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

Judged:

What amazes me about this "earth loving" movement is that they have such a gigantic carbon footprint!(Best symbolized by a 50 foot tall statue which was fabricated out of tons of virgin plastic in Korea and shipped to the desert, assembled and then painted to look like a blond woman with Korean features.) Once the symbol was erected, 600 guests from Korea, Japan and Europe flew and drove to this small, northern Arizona town for one day, and then left. The only explanations I can come up with for this irrational, hypocritical behavior are either tremendous ignorance or else they have been effectively brainwashed - like those poor folks at Jamestown. If one is interested in preserving the earth for future generations, my advice is to refrain from unnecessary travel - especially on airplanes. Stay home with your children and good friends; do yoga in your living room; grow your own vegetables and live in peace. Don't join this very confused group.
Xinjiang Cai Shek

Pasig, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

please do not remove the mother earth Mago because she was the Goddess of the Universe and all Mankinds
So that she was created the hypothesis called"Mago Hypothesis ". And otherwise she brings d energy of vortex !!!And fact she was not a cult !!
If u remove that statue can be fined up never below of thousand or millions of dollars!!!!See? what u think?To stay with a Mother Earth statue or fine a thousands or reach until millions of dollars!!
Xinjiang Cai Shek

Pasig, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

please do not remove that statue can be fined up never reach of thousands and reaches up to millions of dollars if decide to remove!!!

And we respect to our universal mother Mago the goddess of the universe and she as the Supreme Goddess .. We concern to her please do not against the Mother Earth..<3 <3 <3

Or else i will participate the way against you!!!!!!!!!! And even I'm Filipina just stil pray her as Mother Goddess Mago huh!!!
And I'm right?
Xinjiang Cai Shek

Pasig, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

And I will concern that statue is not aaaaaa cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuult! gets?
Xinjiang Cai Shek

Pasig, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

Nope no other choice!! your opinion .. So you can watch a superheroes and Greek Myths do you?huh?Well it is not my experience !! And you ,, do you watching Full metal Alchemist? that's why you did not believe at her no?!!You can watch whatever because eh!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••