Man slain in Burnsville had innocent motive in pictures, his mother says

Full story: TwinCities.com

As a boy, James Edward Koenig liked lifting weights and taking pictures of his biceps.
Comments
101 - 102 of 102 Comments Last updated Mar 30, 2012
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
sable

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2012

Interesting wrote:
The girlfriend sadly lost a previous boyfriend to a car accident, also in Burnsville, in March '09. What an awful thing to loose someone you love, but to lose two people so tragically within two years.
More is leaned about the girlfriends behavior towards both the boyfriends. Even though she wanted everyone to think she was engaged to Jimmy, there was no formal hint of that and Jimmy did not say that. Also, she was yelling at Jim and Thomas was behind her...as her who knows what?? relationship there...but, too much jealousy and they sided against Jim. This is how he lost his life. Not just one person, but two against him. One year ago on Jan. 23, 2011...we all miss him so much. He should not have lost his life and neither should the other boyfriend. Something is very wrong.
sable

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't drink and don't care to be around people who are drunk, either, but have you forgotten that James was the one who was shot by the OTHER man who was drinking that night?
As I understand it, alcoholism recovery is something that is always ongoing. Someone doesn't "recover" from it; they work on their recovery. Sometimes that includes falling back into old addictions and then picking yourself back up to work on sobriety again.
I didn't know anyone in this sad tale, but the comments attesting to James' decency are compelling.
I don't know why people say...recovering. He was just like anybody else...working, enjoying life and going to a party sometimes. He did not deserve to be shot to death...because of jealousy...his girlfriend should have known something and tried to help this situation..when Jimmy tried to go out the front door...she should have gone with him ..instead of siding with the killer and yelling at him. What do you think he felt...ganging up on him and why???? So sad that she didn't just say...let's leave when she saw this maniac going crazy...after all, she knew him long before James did. It has been over a year and I am still hurting and crying and missing him. He was the sweetest person you would every want to know....everybody wanted him to be their friend...he had the biggest smile and he would always help anyone who needed help...including the killer who he shared a ham with the week before he killed him. There is so much the public does not know...like how the killer got off with 2 years...4 years, but will be out in 2. The prosecutor thought it was a good idea to give him a plea. The family was in such a state of shock and when you are like that...how can you make decisions. So sad....No justice for this heartless murder.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••