Man slain in Burnsville had innocent motive in pictures, his mother says

As a boy, James Edward Koenig liked lifting weights and taking pictures of his biceps. Full Story
Jason Tirado

Lakeville, MN

#90 Jan 28, 2011
things are apparently being assumed and out of context. from a third witness testimony - the victim's shirt was off long before the kid took a picture of him. also - the door was never closed, and and others were present.
neighbor

Lakeville, MN

#91 Jan 29, 2011
The boy was taking pictures of everything and everybody. The door was not closed. The guy has feelings for the girlfrienda and he was jealous. Never been in a wheel chair except in court...what a lying, evil coward.
neighbor

Lakeville, MN

#92 Jan 29, 2011
Thank you...finally a normal, intelligent person!!!
neighbor

Lakeville, MN

#93 Jan 29, 2011
Childhood Friend wrote:
If you knew the person you were making inappropriate comments about. You would know this was a misunderstanding that went too far and ended in a loss of a life way too soon.
My prayers and thoughts are with your family at this aweful time.
The killer only walked with a cane, so let's not make it sound like he was a cripple like he wants everybody to think coming into court in a wheelchair...which he never used.
Sally

Lakeville, MN

#94 Jan 29, 2011
Daytons Personal Bartendr wrote:
<quoted text>
Explains the low murder rate in the inner city.
Why would anyone excuse the killer!!!
Sally

Lakeville, MN

#95 Jan 29, 2011
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm intensely curious to know what the man's disability is.
He walked with a cane people...not in a wheelchair!!!! He is a lier and a killer. He needs to die in prison as soon as he gets there.
Kat

Lakeville, MN

#96 Jan 29, 2011
sock wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it was him anymore - the guy I fought was definitely not disabled in the slightest. Those gray haired guys all look the same ;)
You got the story wrong again...he was leaving with the door open, the killer told someone to call 911 that he just killed a man....before he even shot....what would you do if a crazy, jealous, freak was aiming a shot gun at you and your girlfriend. The story is that he took one step in the direction of the gun...sure to protect his girlfriend too and hopefully move the gun out of the way....he never threatened the killer. Fell in the door way with the door open. How does that sound??
Interesting

Farmington, MN

#97 Jan 29, 2011
The girlfriend sadly lost a previous boyfriend to a car accident, also in Burnsville, in March '09. What an awful thing to loose someone you love, but to lose two people so tragically within two years.
Jimmy Bouge

Saint Paul, MN

#98 Jan 31, 2011
Alcohol + Firearm = EXTREMELY Bad judgment no matter what the circumstances. When he left to get the gun he could have called the police instead. Lord bring healing and pour out your grace on these families, this boy especially. In Jesus Name.
Jimmy

United States

#99 Jan 31, 2011
I knew Jim Koenig on a personal level. He moved into my house last year and stayed there several months. We became good and fast in no time.

There was absolutely NOTHING gay about Jim AT ALL! If EVER that topic came up, he was totally disgusted, yet not bigoted about it either.

Jim also LOVED kids and was great with them! They loved him too. He has several nieces and nephews, whom I met several times. I can't tell you how much I saw their eyes lit up when they saw their "uncle Jimmy!"

Child molesters have a HISTORY of abuse. I can't state this categorically enough:

THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO HISTORICAL EVIDENCE THAT JAMES KOENIG EVER HAD ANY PERVERSE PROCLIVITIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER!(It's even totally astounding to me that I even have to SAY this!!)

I see people asking, "WHY did he have to have his shirt off?" The answer to that question is because Jim was simply very much into body building. It was his HOBBY! Some people build ships in bottles, Jim used to build up he is body!(If Jim Koenig is a pervert, then so is Jesse Ventura and Arnold Schwarzeneggar! Give me a break, people!) People are NATURALLY proud of their personal successes and love to show them off. Jim frequently went around without his shirt on. No one ever thought anything weird about it; it was just who he was.

I believe everything his mom said in the article. Mary was extremely proud of her son, who, except for this one fateful night, was doing a great job of putting his life back in order. Jim, like ALL of us, had his own demons, but there is no chance in hell that he WAS one himself!

People are asking why Jim's girlfriend told him to leave, too. If the press was being honest about this whole situation they would reveal the FACT that the killer:

1) had a STOCKPILE of guns in one of the rooms of his townhouse where his child was living, too,

2) was previously forced to move out of his now ex-wife who caught him trying to choke HER son,

3) had threatened another person in the same way before!(except, that guy had enough sense to flee, unlike Jimmy!)

I think, Jim's girl, knew DAMN WELL that this drunken maniac was DEADLY serious about killing poor, naive Jimmy who, at the time, was just too drunk to call this idiot's bluff.

I knew Jim enough to know that there was no chance he was going to leave that place and let this guy think that Jim was trying to molest his son! Jim wasn't ANY kind of a pervert IN THE LEAST!

Jim Koenig was one of the best friends I ever had. He may have been a LOT of things, and suffered a lot from the consequences of his own poor, and stupid choices, but, I can GUARANTEE, as drunk as he was (and I had seen it many times myself), Jimmy would NEVER have hurt this guy!! His only intent was to disarm the guy who, had a violent past, unlike Jimmy, who, I never saw lay a violent hand on anyone.

Jim's life was not for naught. It was truly a privilege to have known him. He made us all laugh. He loved life to the fullest. He truly had a pure heart and, I think that must have been part of the reason he and his girlfriend (whom I know fairly well, too), reached out to this guy, Thomas by befriending him and providing some company. Jim truly left this earth a better place than when he came into it. For that, he deserves our love and respect. And, his family, our condolences and total support.

For photos of Jim see my Facebook photo album, which is open to everyone:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php...

To express your condolences, please feel free to do so here on this online guestbook:
http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/startribune/g...
PLEASE continue to pray for Jim's family and friends who are NOW having to deal with defending Jim's honor and these stupid negative and biased press reports.

Farewell, Jimmy!! It's been over a week and it's still so hard to believe you're gone. I guess, now, it's God's turn to experience your side-splitting humor!

Cheers my brother!
Steven
WHAT THA

Minneapolis, MN

#100 Feb 1, 2011
How could James been recovering from drinkin when he WAS DRINKING???!!!
SAD SAD SAD.......... lots of lives affected here..... dang people, control ur drinkin! Can't stand drunk folks! UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#101 Feb 1, 2011
WHAT THA wrote:
SAD SAD SAD.......... lots of lives affected here..... dang people, control ur drinkin! Can't stand drunk folks! UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I don't drink and don't care to be around people who are drunk, either, but have you forgotten that James was the one who was shot by the OTHER man who was drinking that night?

As I understand it, alcoholism recovery is something that is always ongoing. Someone doesn't "recover" from it; they work on their recovery. Sometimes that includes falling back into old addictions and then picking yourself back up to work on sobriety again.

I didn't know anyone in this sad tale, but the comments attesting to James' decency are compelling.
Tooner

Minneapolis, MN

#102 Feb 8, 2011
steve wrote:
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...... thats what they all say. either way it aint right. why shirtless??
Ever gone to the beach or worked out? I didn't think so!
unknown

Saint Paul, MN

#103 Feb 9, 2011
If he was recovering from his drinking, then why was he drinking?? He obviously had a drinking problem? Right!
betty

Bonita Springs, FL

#104 Feb 21, 2011
Jimmy Bouge wrote:
Alcohol + Firearm = EXTREMELY Bad judgment no matter what the circumstances. When he left to get the gun he could have called the police instead. Lord bring healing and pour out your grace on these families, this boy especially. In Jesus Name.
This boy....he lived with a low life and will be happy with a relative. What about the poor family, girlfreind, and all the victim's friends. This young man did not deserve to die and in such a tragic, horrible way. The killer needs to suffer in prison...death penalty would be nice!!
Swampy

Saint Paul, MN

#105 Feb 24, 2011
unknown wrote:
If he was recovering from his drinking, then why was he drinking?? He obviously had a drinking problem? Right!
Drinking is not the issue.
betty

Bonita Springs, FL

#106 Mar 4, 2011
LBJ wrote:
Anyone else reading between the lines of this story? Too bad about it all but there's something odd about throwing back some vodka, going into the bedroom, taking your shirt off and flexing in front of the camera for the neighbor boy. I can see how something like this could happen being a father myself.
Get your mind out of the gutter. The Father never even took care of his kid. He was always at the neighbors. Pure case of jealousy.
sable

Bonita Springs, FL

#107 Mar 4, 2011
Swampy wrote:
<quoted text>Drinking is not the issue.
Wow, becaue you have a drink means you must have a drinking problem..wow, narrow minds..hope you don't get on the jury.
By the law

Saint Paul, MN

#108 Jul 24, 2011
WHAT THA wrote:
How do you know what he was doing??? You don't know the real story of how he helped this guy and his girlfriend fed his son and his son was at her place all the time...and so much more. James is a victim and a nice person and well respected by so many. Don't get off the track...this was pure evil...a cold blooded murder that should not have happened. A person, Thomas, jealous and drunk, on welfare living in Section 8 housing and breaking all the rules by having a stash of weapons in his rental...also his was a police officer in the past and in the military...dah..do yu think he knew what a shot gun would do to this poor guy. Terrible...he should get death for this.
By the law

Saint Paul, MN

#109 Jul 24, 2011
unknown wrote:
This poor buy was shot to death...who said he had a drinking problem??? Went to watch the game with his girlfriend at a neighbor??? I don't get it??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fitness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best way to lose weight 4 hr hasanraza 2
Jesus Christ, the Son of God 18 hr Son of God 1
A look at fitness centers and gyms in the Farmi... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Ben 7
Editorial: Labor costs weighing down Postal Ser... Sep 6 ICTDCO 2
Kids Health: Injuries in Youth Sports on the Rise Aug '14 Anonymous 1
steroids24.net Review Aug '14 waltyb 4
Community Calendar, Aug. 21 to Aug. 30 Aug '14 CNN Wolf is so fu... 2

Fitness People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE