Bosnian Town Elects Woman Mayor, Isla...

Bosnian Town Elects Woman Mayor, Islamic Head Scarf And All

There are 3 comments on the Weekday Magazine story from Oct 11, 2012, titled Bosnian Town Elects Woman Mayor, Islamic Head Scarf And All. In it, Weekday Magazine reports that:

A local election outside Sarajevo has produced some notable news related to tolerance and government in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Beset with obstacles to effective governance since the Dayton Peace Agreement in late 1995, Bosnia remains riven in many ways by religious and ethnic discord between its Muslim, ethnic Croat, and ethnic Serb communities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Weekday Magazine.

Since: May 08

Idstein, Germany

#1 Oct 11, 2012
>Babic, a trained economist and former finance minister on the canton level, hailed the choice as "a model for Europe and Islam" in an AFP story.<

Babic, you can get lost. You sound like Erdogan of Turkey. Yuck;(

In Bosnia--and not only there, of course--Muslims pretend to be the eternal victims. They cannot fool me.

Islam is the reason why the whole Balcan is such a mess.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#2 Oct 11, 2012
Marie-Luise wrote:
... Islam is the reason why the whole Balcan is such a mess.
Not to mention decades of the dictatorial rule of "Tito" whose suspicions re his rivals left no one to fill the void when he finally died.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#3 Oct 11, 2012
"Babic told AFP that she never wore one (veil) until turning to Islam for comfort after the death of her husband, with whom she has three children, in the Bosnian conflict of 1992-95. She now heads a civic group that brings together the families of Muslim men killed in that fighting."

There are several such groups in Bosnia, i.e., Women of Sreb comes to mind, but over the years these groups have become more political.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fashion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Milan Fashion Week opens with #metoo moment of ... Feb 22 Fashions are FUNNY 1
53 or older? Stop wearing jeans! Jan '18 TammyGirl 2
News Where is Kanye West? Tracking the rapper's year... Nov '17 weird 6
Help finding Dallas Cowboy socks? Nov '17 SummerBB8 1
News Revolutionaries to supernovas: Glamour names wo... Oct '17 Stephen D Clark 1
Zaful Super Cheap Clothing Review Oct '17 nicolegram 1
Great deals for online shopping! Oct '17 SummerBB8 1
More from around the web