Fewer babies but not necessarily less...

Fewer babies but not necessarily less sex for teens

There are 3 comments on the World Magazine story from Sep 13, 2013, titled Fewer babies but not necessarily less sex for teens. In it, World Magazine reports that:

The teen birth rate in the United States has dropped to a historic low, according to preliminary 2012 data released last week by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at World Magazine.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Sep 13, 2013
Not only has the teen birth rate hit a historic low in the U.S., but the birth rate for all women in the U.S. is at a historic low. If it were not for immigration into the U.S., MOSTLY ILLEGAL immigration, the population of the U.S. would be stable or falling slightly.

(And when I was in school in the 70's, you were taught about the "population explosion", how it was inevitable, and how it would result in famine, death, disease, poverty, and war. THE LESSON: About 98% of what you are taught in school is WRONG !)
hal

Leichhardt, Australia

#2 Sep 14, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Not only has the teen birth rate hit a historic low in the U.S., but the birth rate for all women in the U.S. is at a historic low. If it were not for immigration into the U.S., MOSTLY ILLEGAL immigration, the population of the U.S. would be stable or falling slightly.
(And when I was in school in the 70's, you were taught about the "population explosion", how it was inevitable, and how it would result in famine, death, disease, poverty, and war. THE LESSON: About 98% of what you are taught in school is WRONG !)
In fact the vast bulk of what we believe is wrong!
And oil reserves would be gone by around 2000, they said.
Oil reserves today are higher than they have ever been.
Yet we could still change to hydrogen (water) almost instantly, if the will was there.
But it's not!
Too many people (governments not least) stand to make huge fortunes from currently operating oil infrastructure!
That's why it keeps going!
Now they're teaching global warming is the thing, and not just to kids!
And WE can do something about it!
We all do so like to believe WE are in control of nature!
Makes us feel more secure!
Greatest load of bullshit ever taught.
Wait for a passing comet, or asteroid.
Or a supervolcano!
Yellowstone would do.
Or (Lake) Taupo caldera, in New Zealand.
Used to be a mountain.
Now it's a lake!
Oh yes, we're in charge, all right!!!!
Ocean56

AOL

#4 Sep 16, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Not only has the teen birth rate hit a historic low in the U.S., but the birth rate for all women in the U.S. is at a historic low.
I certainly don't see this is a bad thing. Do you? If you do, I have to wonder why. I'm very glad to be out of the 1950's era, where women were limited in many respects, especially in jobs and careers. More girls and women are aware that motherhood is an OPTION, not a requirement.

Teen pregnancy/motherhood severely impacts a girl's ability to even complete high school, let alone go to college, vocational school, or professional schools like law and medicine, if that is her chosen field. A girl who gets pregnant and becomes a mother while she is still in high school will find her future employment options seriously limited, which is not a happy prospect for her OR any children she may have. As far as I'M concerned, there is NOTHING good about getting pregnant and becoming a mother as a teenager.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teenagers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two Teens Arrested Following Mailbox Vandalism (Feb '08) 6 hr Happy and hardwor... 183
News El Paso teen pregnancy rates are highest in Texas (Jul '10) 19 hr Farts and Sniff 125
News The Latest: Teen blames race discrimination in ... May 21 Guest 4
News Study: Many gay and bisexual teenage boys use a... May 20 zan 3
News Lights, camera, action for filming of pilot for... (Jan '09) May 18 IHadAFeeling 65
News Case against teen charged in Huffman High Schoo... May 16 Bob 1
News Father: Son mistreated at rehab center (Feb '09) May 15 ok 2,116