8 teens arrested in beating of Lakeland girl

Apr 6, 2008 Full story: Florida Times-Union 11,147

Eight teenagers have been arrested after filming the beating of another teen and threatening to post the video on the Internet, sheriff's officials said. via Florida Times-Union

Full Story
GregS

Montréal, Canada

#11748 Jan 20, 2013
This is an amazing thread. It has survived for half a decade now.

2008-2013. Can anyone update me on what happened from 2009 to 2013? I Googled Victoria Lindsay and it seems she has been arrested multiple times. One offense looks like a BS pot arrest which in my opinion should never have happened and another was a domestic violence situation.

The question is whether after 5 years they are better off or worse off? Has anything changed for the better?

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#11749 Jan 23, 2013
GregS wrote:
This is an amazing thread. It has survived for half a decade now.
2008-2013. Can anyone update me on what happened from 2009 to 2013? I Googled Victoria Lindsay and it seems she has been arrested multiple times. One offense looks like a BS pot arrest which in my opinion should never have happened and another was a domestic violence situation.
The question is whether after 5 years they are better off or worse off? Has anything changed for the better?
Hi GregS. I'll get to your question, but I don't believe the woman you've seen photos is Victoria Lindsay. The real Lindsay goal was everyone disappears. I believe Gloria Allred and some models that agreed to terms, pretend to be the people involved. I could tell you the name of the model that portrays victoria Lindsay but I don't like giving her the publicity.

Ok to your question "Has anything changed for the better?" I would say Yes. There are not nearly as many real fights posted on youtube as there was prior to this event. The "Girl-fight". If there was a possible sponcer for this media bonanza it was people that make money off of erotic female fighting videos. Now their youtube commercials go completely without competition. I think these videos are advertisements. You could enjoy the erotic fighting demo on youtube, and that may cause some to buy these videos. Ok maybe the advertisement side isn't good or bad, BUT the drop in online video fights and assaults is a change for the better.
GregS

Tempe, AZ

#11750 Jan 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi GregS. I'll get to your question, but I don't believe the woman you've seen photos is Victoria Lindsay. The real Lindsay goal was everyone disappears. I believe Gloria Allred and some models that agreed to terms, pretend to be the people involved. I could tell you the name of the model that portrays victoria Lindsay but I don't like giving her the publicity.
Ok to your question "Has anything changed for the better?" I would say Yes. There are not nearly as many real fights posted on youtube as there was prior to this event. The "Girl-fight". If there was a possible sponcer for this media bonanza it was people that make money off of erotic female fighting videos. Now their youtube commercials go completely without competition. I think these videos are advertisements. You could enjoy the erotic fighting demo on youtube, and that may cause some to buy these videos. Ok maybe the advertisement side isn't good or bad, BUT the drop in online video fights and assaults is a change for the better.
Robert Stevens do you really believe that? It sounds mentally ill.
You want me to believe that a model is pretending to be Victoria Lindsay as like sort of doppleganger? Not only do you want me to believe that but you also want me to believe that the other girls also have dopplegangers?

How do you know all this stuff? What is your relation to these girls that you'd have this level of knowledge and if it's true that someone has stole her identity and is destroying her reputation then why wouldn't you want to expose the person doing this so that it can stop? Are you saying Victoria Lindsay paid the model so as to not have to live like a celebrity in the media? Where would the money come from to hire the model?

I don't know what you're talking about Robert but the impression I have from your response is that perhaps you would benefit from seeing a psychiatrist like immediately. While I'm not a psychiatrist or psychology you appear to be showing symptoms of schizophrenia.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#11751 Jan 25, 2013
GregS wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert Stevens do you really believe that? It sounds mentally ill.
You want me to believe that a model is pretending to be Victoria Lindsay as like sort of doppleganger? Not only do you want me to believe that but you also want me to believe that the other girls also have dopplegangers?
How do you know all this stuff? What is your relation to these girls that you'd have this level of knowledge and if it's true that someone has stole her identity and is destroying her reputation then why wouldn't you want to expose the person doing this so that it can stop? Are you saying Victoria Lindsay paid the model so as to not have to live like a celebrity in the media? Where would the money come from to hire the model?
I don't know what you're talking about Robert but the impression I have from your response is that perhaps you would benefit from seeing a psychiatrist like immediately. While I'm not a psychiatrist or psychology you appear to be showing symptoms of schizophrenia.
Sorry GregS but you'd have to admit it is genuis, and if you were correct, and we could go back in time Gloria Allred and Grady Judd would do what i am saying. I don't want to post here my sources. I'd just say PERHAPS I couls post a Victoria Lindsay photo or an April Cooper photo that are the real McCoys. Or the real Cooper or Lindsay.For those not fimiliar with literary terms.

I didn't want to do this but your reactionsuggest I owe it to the conversation. One of the assaulters, photo album does suggest she wants to be a model. I could even argue two of them did, and there was the Murphy eye roles during her interview on youtube. The eye rolls were model like. GregS if you are right, which i am sure you are not. These young ladies are getting free advitisments, that was the Number 1 complaint from Patrick and Talisa Lindsay. If you followed it as it was going on. They were completly against these criminals getting a chance to become famous, via talk shows, etc.

I actually think you are crazy for not seeing that is less likely that you are correct. If you look at the Pheobe Prince convicted on facebook. That's realistic. I am sure these girls will continue to be public, while the real ones life safely. I really don't get why Victoria Lindsay's model is behaving as she does. GregS i find you nuts because you believe Victoria Lindsay is a model and she does not do a TV tour. I also think you're nuts because you believe woman that have had death threats wouldn't have private facebook accounts.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#11752 Jan 25, 2013
Just one last thing. No idenities were stolen. In fact with the possible exception of Christina Garcia this was requested. There is a lot of negotions involved. I would wager the models involved, do have options on how they portray, however there is a chance they do answer to someone.

I do recall when i believed as the people that post here believe. Just about nothing made sence, the models throw funny curves. I predict if a model does break down and confess to what i am telling you. That model would be Kayla Hassall.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#11753 Feb 2, 2013
OK this is my challenge to all the GregS sorts that have posted here. Take this scenario.

Victim's goal. Not to be labeled by this event. Silence the assaulters.

Assaulters goal. Minimum punishment. Perhaps one that views the fame the media offered as a meal ticket.

Now give me a greater solution than I suggest. Now why am I sure I am right. With some help this is what I came up with in four years. I do think and say it is the best solution. My four years vs Grady Judd, gloria Alldred, and a group of people in the court system. I do belief the group would find the best solution. I now suggest it can't be perfect because the models involved are not perfect.

What I see the posters here on this tread are people that want the models to have a chance to perform their art. That would be to present an aftermath story. I hope one day we could discuss it as it really is. I say we never will be able to. It goes back to what started this. That is as I posted above as the victim's goal.
loya

Phoenix, AZ

#11754 Feb 7, 2013
I cant believe this is still going on.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#11755 Feb 7, 2013
loya wrote:
I cant believe this is still going on.
If you listen to what I am telling you, this has stopped going on since the last Christina Garcia appearance on Nancy Grace, in which she was not shown.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#11756 Feb 11, 2013
I now see how this makes sense. it is the media's point of view on people. They do think they went to far on their negative portrayal of the assaulter. And perhaps they did. Now, they thinking as they do, think to put the assaulters back together again, they have to attack the victim. It is why our elections have become so ugly.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#11757 Feb 15, 2013
Hi again, don't blame me for keeping this topic alive. The LakelandLadger youtube page has reposted and posted vlogs at youtube. I will look again later, but it is really the same old, same old. It is the continuing of Mayes not being the real ring leader. A remake of the Cara Murphy Interview, in which she does not look as stupid as she did in the original. My guess is there will be some sort of 5th anniversary thing. I hate to say this, but unless i missed something which is very possible, I will look at more later. It appears as the theme of the reserface is, the beating really wasn't as bad as originally stated. Don't shot the messenger. I don't know the details. In my opinion the models dumbed down the story.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#11758 Feb 15, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
Hi again, don't blame me for keeping this topic alive. The LakelandLadger youtube page has reposted and posted vlogs at youtube. I will look again later, but it is really the same old, same old. It is the continuing of Mayes not being the real ring leader. A remake of the Cara Murphy Interview, in which she does not look as stupid as she did in the original. My guess is there will be some sort of 5th anniversary thing. I hate to say this, but unless i missed something which is very possible, I will look at more later. It appears as the theme of the reserface is, the beating really wasn't as bad as originally stated. Don't shot the messenger. I don't know the details. In my opinion the models dumbed down the story.
OK I stand corrected these videos were added a year ago. If I was living in the world of the belief that these girls were the real McCoys I would be completly perplexed. With video updates, I am declaring the 6 girls even greater cowards for not having the heart to publicly apologize, and not her on a youtube vlog. Even though it would just be models that pretend to be them.

Events that happened a year ago, perhaps about the time this youtube vlog postings began. 1. MJ Lopez left facebook. 2 The stories of the pretend Victoria Lindsay committing crimes.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#11759 Feb 15, 2013
After reviewing all that has been done and said. Mainly based on what is posted on youtube. The 6 assaulters do owe Victoria lindsay a public apology right at the media venue they wanted to, and did start this. These 6 girls should apologize as well as Christina Garcia, who should go 1st.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#11760 Mar 29, 2013
As we near the 5th anniversary of this event. I credit a lack of maturity of parties involved that has caused the lack of a true adult conversation about what happened. By no means should the gossip be part of this discussion. The conversation should be about 1, how the court system works 2 how it treats minors. Overall the 8 can't admit they did work things out. Six of them got slaps on the wrist the other 2 are convicted felons. I do respect The Lindsays judgement that the 8 are not ready for this conversation. I have talked to people online, and sadly i think the 8 will never be up to the maturity level to have such a conversation.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#11761 Mar 29, 2013
Judging from much of what i have read online, there has all ways been an effort to have Victoria look bad. Here on this tread I believe Ric Ricland continued posting as many different people. I don't think Ricland was the same person that posted as Christina Garcia or utubedetective, but I wouldn't count out him being a relative of the 8, or part of the law teams they hired.
Scott

Vero Beach, FL

#11762 Apr 2, 2013
Gomp let me know this thread is still going. To my surprise it is.

It's hard to believe it's been 5 years since the assault. All credit to Victoria on growing and becoming a successful woman with professional licenses to be a dental hygenist and a mortgage salesperson by age 21. Those licenses are hard to get especially the mortgage license which I know is harder to get than the life and health license. Well done to Victoria. She is doing what too few people do and that is thinking big, setting goals and attaining them.:)

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#11763 Apr 3, 2013
Scott wrote:
Gomp let me know this thread is still going. To my surprise it is.
It's hard to believe it's been 5 years since the assault. All credit to Victoria on growing and becoming a successful woman with professional licenses to be a dental hygenist and a mortgage salesperson by age 21. Those licenses are hard to get especially the mortgage license which I know is harder to get than the life and health license. Well done to Victoria. She is doing what too few people do and that is thinking big, setting goals and attaining them.:)
Scott your post makes me happy and I do believe it. In regards to the slanderous staements people have posted here, and elsewhere. I have no regard for them. Five years later and I still bitch about the Lindsay haters. The true Lindsays each of them, did deal with this with class, and did great jobs working around those with inferior moral, and motive. I am proud of how The public have adress these haters on youtube.
seneca

New York, NY

#11764 Apr 8, 2013
?
Scott

Vero Beach, FL

#11765 Apr 10, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott your post makes me happy and I do believe it. In regards to the slanderous staements people have posted here, and elsewhere. I have no regard for them. Five years later and I still bitch about the Lindsay haters. The true Lindsays each of them, did deal with this with class, and did great jobs working around those with inferior moral, and motive. I am proud of how The public have adress these haters on youtube.
The Lindsays and Tori did deal with the assult and media chaos with class. I believe Most families would have had the opposite reaction.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#11766 May 3, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>The Lindsays and Tori did deal with the assult and media chaos with class. I believe Most families would have had the opposite reaction.
I do agree. I will soon post a blog/essay here giving my opinion of what this story meant. I do believe the post you made not long ago about Victoria's success. To believe your post as I do, and to believe and believe she was arrested for violent charges as other have posted here. It's wrong. You can only have one without the other. I fear going into details helps the posers out. Sadly my essay may assist them. In advance I will respect the people involved by not going into the high school gossip details. It is my opinion that the defense should have suffered consequences for their handling of this case, and they betrayed society also.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#11767 May 18, 2013
If you were not paying attention in the beginning you wouldn't understand the conclusion. The Lindsay family's main goal was to kill this conversation. I claim that when the tape was improved and updated it was actually replaced. The actors would later replace the participants. I compliment those that do a good job replacing the participants. This non sense of Victoria " the violent" Lindsay, stinks with the way defense lawyers lust for attacking victims. We watched Cara Murphy's lawyer do so with absolutely no reason on The Nancy Grace Show. By the way, in regards to, Cara Murphy's interview being reposted, about a year ago. I do hope there was a reason to resurrect this exhibition of stupidity. One that her lawyer should have apologized for.

What happened in court was really based on cooperation. The true lesson learned by this was to act according to society standards. It is easy for me to say this. I will all ways look at these results and claim Mayes and Nichols should trade sentences, and Cooper's consequences should have been adult.

What changed? for years, you tube fights/assaults vlogs decreased. In my opinions 2013 the frequency is becoming more common. I predict when it returns to the frequency it was at 2008, we will have another story like this. Because of the lack of maturity of some of the participants, this episode will be ignored. As it should be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teenagers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Australian police charge teens over 'racist' tr... 1 hr Baa Baa Black sheep 180
I caught my brother masturbating, was my reacti... (Mar '13) Oct 22 wtf is this site 14
Liberal Democrats support racist minimum wage laws Oct 21 Jumper The wise 1
Police: Ky. teen sodomized in recorded assault Oct 18 Buggered 2
Teen dead, another injured following hit-and-ru... Oct 18 Christine Thomas 4
Five myths adults have about teenagers Oct 16 whatisyourneed 1
4 teens suspected of arson at Tustin Ranch Elem... (Apr '14) Oct 15 MIKETOUHY 4

Teenagers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE