Bay Shore teen riding minibike dies in crash with SUV

Full story: Newsday

A Bay Shore teenager was killed riding a miniature motorbike when he ran a stop sign and crashed into a sport utility vehicle, police said yesterday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Rockin' in the Free World”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

Varroooom!
Long Island Gal

Watertown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

From what I saw on TV his family said he's been riding for years. PARENTS WAKE THE HELL UP. When your child (CHILD) requests to do something that would be dangerous for and ADULT and/or something that is ILLEGAL, you say NO. REPEAT AFTER ME........ NO NO NO The mother of this kid FAILED HIM. He would be alive if you said NO

Since: Apr 08

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

Why were BOTH vehicles impounded for safety check inspections???......As if this will fix the situation???....Just another muscle flex by the Police Dept.....Where were they when this kid was tear assing up the streets prior to the crash???.......Sorry fellas....But.....sometimes your NOT too SWIFT!!!!
Jonah

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

Children: Please wear helmets. Your brain is the computer that runs your body. The guys doing tricks on bicycles on tv are all wearing helmets and protective gear.
amy

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

Easy to judge when you are not god.Things happen for a reason and now is a time to feel sorrow as a parent for this families tragedy not judge. Kids in today society do feel that they know it all even with resposible parenting sad but true!!!
R. I.P Robert Ramirez and to the family sorry for your loss!! God Bless
laloquita

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

First of all he was a teenager I think we've all been there right ? and I think we've all done stupid things at some point in our lives....What you need to do is stop judging him and let him R.I.P because he's gone and no one can do anything about that let his family cry him in peace. I've known this kid for a hell of a long time and stupid NO he wasn't he was very bright, but like every kid he picked the wrong path but this doesn't mean your stupid this just means you have to learn how to live life and we do that by learning from our mistakes.
laloquita

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

Let me tell you something you ass first of all kids do make mistakes as well as adults everyone makes mistakes you wouldn't be human if you didn't make any...you are just a straight up jack*** with no type of feeling what so ever...how dare you talk about a dead person like that you f-ing idiot...the only brainless person here is you IDIOT!!!!!...kids, adults and teenagers make mistakes EVERYONE DOES.....
Word

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

"This is a block where all the neighbors look out for each other and each other's kids.... Robert was like a son to me."

Oh really, then maybe these people should have told him what he was doing was illegal and could potentially get him killed, which it did. Who are these dumb parents who buy and allow their kids to use these things? Lots of kids in my neighborhood with the same things, ATVs, dirtbikes, power scooters...they're all illegal and it's just a matter of time before one of them takes themselves out.
Concerned neighbor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

I've actually seen this kid riding around on this mini-bike many times on Howell's road. He was careless and often rode at dusk. One time he came out of no-where and I had to swerve out of the way. I honked my horn but he didn't seem to care. Again, no helmut (required by NYS law) and these things are illegal. Sad that he had to lose his life over doing something that totally could have been avoided.
Prayers to the family. Hopefully his twin is smart enought to not follow his brothers footsteps.
Sorsa

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

To begin with the Jets suck!!! No matter how you die no one can judge us but God, we cant choose our destiny nor can we change it, but since the jet is so smart like the rest of you, show me how to obtain eternal life idiots. R.I.P. A Jet name for a grown man, grow up loser your not playing on the jets ok... Any idiot can vomit stupid words like you and try to sound smart but what you are is heartless. R.I.P Roberto Ramirez we will never forget you.

“Slappy X. Sanchez, Esq.”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

laloquita wrote:
Let me tell you something you **** first of all kids do make mistakes as well as adults everyone makes mistakes you wouldn't be human if you didn't make any...you are just a straight up jack*** with no type of feeling what so ever...how dare you talk about a dead person like that you **** idiot...the only brainless person here is you IDIOT!!!!!...kids, adults and teenagers make mistakes EVERYONE DOES.....
LMAO...read much?
laloquita

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

R.I.P Roberto Ramirez thats who!!!!
John Gottis Corpse

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

laloquita wrote:
R.I.P Roberto Ramirez thats who!!!!
Sounds like a triple A shortstop
laloquita

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Maybe you need some spanish lessons......LMAO
laloquita

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

no a** I work in front of a computer all day sucks for your guess on the food service crap...
laloquita

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

you gots or you have to calm down someone needs to learn how to write...right ?
Allyson

Sparrows Point, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Judged:

ALL YOU A**HOLES NEED TO LET ROBERT REST IN PEACE AND STOP TALKING S**T. REGARDLESS OF WHAT HE DID OR DIDN'T DO WRONG HE WAS A GREAT PERSON AND ALL OF US WHO KNEW HIM LOVED HIM VERY MUCH. IF SOMEONE YOU LOVE DIED AND A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WERE TALKING S**T ABOUT IT YOU WOULDN'T LIKE IT VERY MUCH NOW WOULD YOU A**HOLES! SO F**K OFF.
R.I.P ROBERT L. RAMIREZ. WE MISS YOU<3
KRYS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Judged:

ALL OF YOU JUST ONE THING...LET ROB REST IN PEACE...PLZ STOP TALKIN S**T ABOUT MY COUSIN OK... I DONT CARE WHAT HE DID WRONG OR WHAT HE DIDNT, SO I JUST WANT TO BE NICE WITH YOU GUYS AND ASK ALL OF YOU JUST 1 THING, STOP TALKIN S**T ABOUT OR HOW MY COUSIN DIED IS NO1 OF YOUR BUSSINES, THINGS HAPPENS AND THATS IT... R.I.P ROBERT RAMIREZ... WE MISS YOU...
I LOVED YOU AND I STILL
blah

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

Judged:

Long Island Gal wrote:
From what I saw on TV his family said he's been riding for years. PARENTS WAKE THE HELL UP. When your child (CHILD) requests to do something that would be dangerous for and ADULT and/or something that is ILLEGAL, you say NO. REPEAT AFTER ME........ NO NO NO The mother of this kid FAILED HIM. He would be alive if you said NO
eff you, how dare you say that shit okay, eff YOUUUU!!!
blah

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

Judged:

Word wrote:
"This is a block where all the neighbors look out for each other and each other's kids.... Robert was like a son to me."
Oh really, then maybe these people should have told him what he was doing was illegal and could potentially get him killed, which it did. Who are these dumb parents who buy and allow their kids to use these things? Lots of kids in my neighborhood with the same things, ATVs, dirtbikes, power scooters...they're all illegal and it's just a matter of time before one of them takes themselves out.
dont trash qhat someone else had wrote. everyone looked out for everyone. his parents are not dumb so shut up! Robert did what he wanted to do, that was his choice, yes it ended his life. he did say hed ride till he died. that he did so shut up with the bullsh*t alright.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••