Two Nixa grads caught with meth at Project Graduation

There are 10 comments on the KYTV Springfield story from May 14, 2013, titled Two Nixa grads caught with meth at Project Graduation. In it, KYTV Springfield reports that:

Two teenagers from Nixa High school graduated Sunday afternoon, then later that night were jailed for possessing meth at Project Graduation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KYTV Springfield.

Hertz

Monett, MO

#1 May 15, 2013
Well I have to say I do not personally condone the use of meth but this is just a bit sad. These girls just graduated and had the possibility of a great future. Now, with the possibility of receiving felonies they will most likely have trouble finding jobs or getting into school and in turn will not have much incentive to turn their lives around or have much hope for a greater future. Hopefully the judge will offer them help based on the circumstances and does not charge them with felonies. What ever happened to good parenting and communication skills? Must have been a good little government lap dog to call the authorities instead of just flushing the drugs and calling the parents. I believe the girls and the chaperones were idiotic alike.
Whose the idiot

Garden City, MO

#2 May 15, 2013
Hertz wrote:
Well I have to say I do not personally condone the use of meth but this is just a bit sad. These girls just graduated and had the possibility of a great future. Now, with the possibility of receiving felonies they will most likely have trouble finding jobs or getting into school and in turn will not have much incentive to turn their lives around or have much hope for a greater future. Hopefully the judge will offer them help based on the circumstances and does not charge them with felonies. What ever happened to good parenting and communication skills? Must have been a good little government lap dog to call the authorities instead of just flushing the drugs and calling the parents. I believe the girls and the chaperones were idiotic alike.
. So you think it was a good idea for the chaperones to destroy evidence of a felony? My, what a fine example of good parenting that would be! I'm sure the chaperones had a kid of their own there , and knowing that these girls brought meth and were going to distribute would be enough for any parent to call the police. The two girls made a choice and so be it if it costs them, because it should. They need to be charged and prosecuted with felonies, given a long probation sentence, and sent to prison if they violate the probation. I have no sympathy for those who would have distributed meth if they were not caught. Good for the chaperones , they did well.
flyingfrog

Henryetta, OK

#3 May 16, 2013
Why be suprised in nixa. PARENTS WHOM ARE SUPOSE TO BE IN CHARGE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE WHO SAY FLUSH THE DRUGS, WHat MESSAGE IS BEING SENT? PARENTS THERE WERE JUST THERI FOR FUN AND TO HAVE A REASON TO BE DRESSED UP AND ACT LIKE A TEENAGER THEMSELVES! This is very important. THIS MUST NOT BE SWEPT UNDER THE RUG. EVERYONE INVOLVED KNEW WHAT THEY KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE doing was illegal.
Hertz

Monett, MO

#4 May 16, 2013
Let me know when you find the booger man.
crazyness

Branson, MO

#5 May 18, 2013
Hertz wrote:
What the H*** is wrong with you? Yep,lets cover it up rather than calling the law. That sure "Sets the Bar" for our community ;)

Since: Jan 13

United States

#6 May 30, 2013
OMG Donít you just love the, I donít condone types. Yea. Right. I do condone the use of meth, bath salts, EX, Dust, and all the other chemicals the low-life pond scum shove into their bodies. Call it reverse Darwinism. The world will be a much better place once they kill themselves off. I just hope they do it before they get an opportunity to span a next generation of EBT dependent crack hoes.
MrsTrish

Marshfield, MO

#7 May 30, 2013
How about we don't give our kids lab-made meth to make them "behave" so when they age out of being able to get that script, they don't have a urge I seek out the illegal alternative?

Almost half of all kids who are given ADHD stimulants go on to being meth addicts.
howdy

Springfield, MO

#8 May 30, 2013
Simply put, I agree with fresheyes.
Hertz

Monett, MO

#9 May 31, 2013
fresheyes wrote:
OMG Donít you just love the, I donít condone types. Yea. Right. I do condone the use of meth, bath salts, EX, Dust, and all the other chemicals the low-life pond scum shove into their bodies. Call it reverse Darwinism. The world will be a much better place once they kill themselves off. I just hope they do it before they get an opportunity to span a next generation of EBT dependent crack hoes.
You're being slow killed too you idiot. Ever hear of Monsanto or Dow chemical? My point was that we are raising a generation of snitches and it isn't for the benefit of your children it is for the benefit of the criminal government, you know the one that ships in most of the heroin we have flooding our streets. What a bunch of child like minds you have.
Hertz

Monett, MO

#10 May 31, 2013
Let's take a look at that big bad scary word METH that frightens you all so much.

A methyl group is an alkyl derived from methane, containing one carbon atom bonded to three hydrogen atoms ó CH3.

Meth=CH3

So meth by definition is made up of everything that's in the air that you breath and everything that you drink and eat.

The only difference between Methamphetamine and pseudoephedrine is one hydrogen atom. Ooh sounds scary.

Just shows how easy it is to frighten the general public into irrational thinking.

I personally wouldn't put the stuff in my body I don't need it but I am most certain the laws would harm me more than the actual organic compound.

Most of the meth users look like they do because of their lifestyles. Of coarse if you don't eat or sleep or brush your teeth for days you're going to look like you're dead not to mention all of he adulterants involved with the illicit manufacture. The stuff used to be sold over the counter in inhalers, hell it still is available over the counter in the L isomer form. Vicks Inhalers look it up the main ingredient is L-Methamphetamine.

So, even if what the girls had in possession field tested positive for methamphetamine that does not mean it was necessarily what you think it was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teenagers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lake Jackson considers teen curfew (Aug '08) May 19 Late Gas 6
News Rhode Island laws allow 16-year-old strippers, ... (Jan '10) May 18 Sally 82
News VIDEO: Md. man violently beaten by group of teens May 18 Go Blue Forever 3
News 2 teens hurt in Detroit triple shooting May 17 Free Kwame 3
News Five Dental Tips for Teenagers from Family Tree... (May '13) May 15 Randy Bradford 10
I caught my brother masturbating, was my reacti... (Mar '13) May 15 bigred 21
News Paris Jackson gets a hug from mother Debbie Row... (Dec '13) May 14 Make Me Know It 16
More from around the web