Two teens killed in one-car crash on I-64

A car full of teenagers heading east on Interstate 64 early Saturday spun out of control and into a tree, killing two and sending two others to hospitals. Full Story
Tiffani

Newport News, VA

#22 Feb 25, 2008
google wrote:
<quoted text>are you the retarded kid on the street?
People. Can we please not continue calling each other immature names over a article about two peoples deaths. Its bad enough what their family and friends go through but now your using this article to mock other people. if your going to do that, do it somewhere else where its less inappropriate.
thank you
love again to andrew and taylor
Newport News-Thug City

Norfolk, VA

#23 Feb 25, 2008
My thoughts and prayers to the families and friends.

I am sorry for your loss.

RIP
Concerned in NN

Newport News, VA

#24 Feb 25, 2008
What are 15 year olds doing out at 2 am? The young man probably fell asleep. My heart goes out the families. May God give you peace and hope.
Watermans Wife 2

Newport News, VA

#25 Feb 25, 2008
No disrespect intended...but, they were not all 15. Andrew was 18. My first thought was, also, what were they doing out at that time...then, I immediatly remembered that I, too, was once a teenager. Those were the days when time stood still. We were all invincible then.
CONTROL

Norfolk, VA

#26 Feb 25, 2008
Watermans Wife 2 wrote:
No disrespect intended...but, they were not all 15. Andrew was 18. My first thought was, also, what were they doing out at that time...then, I immediatly remembered that I, too, was once a teenager. Those were the days when time stood still. We were all invincible then.
I too was a teeneager..I have 2 teenage boys now..and trust me..when I was a teenager, NEVER was I allowed to be out at 2am..and my children will get the same dicipline that I recieved. It is time for parents to start being parents and not your childrens "BFF"..this is senseless...something that could have and shuld have been avoided..

My heart goes out to the families...I am sure that they are now asking the..what if's..and could if's..when unfortunatley...it is too late...
doglover

Newport News, VA

#27 Feb 25, 2008
Such a tragedy. My heartfelt sympathy to both families.
Totally Agree

Newport News, VA

#28 Feb 25, 2008
ron wrote:
Why were these "children" on the road at 2AM?
Although this is very tragic, why in the world were two kids that young driving anywhere at 2:00 in the morning? I am an adult and I don't drive that late for fear that something like this will happen. This is extremely sad and I express my deepest sympathy to both families.
Gene

Newport News, VA

#29 Feb 25, 2008
Someone told me they were comming home from North Carolina...do not know if this is true
Jennifer

Los Angeles, CA

#30 Feb 25, 2008
Taylor and my daughter were good friends and my heart aches for both families and all of the friends affected by this tragedy. Why they were out, what they were doing is irrelevent, two families are planing funerals and two others are caring for the survivors. We need to pray for the families and friends. Remember these two young people and what their friendship meant to you, they will always live in your hearts. May God keep them both.
Megan

Hampton, VA

#31 Feb 25, 2008
I went to middle school with taylor...
she was a nice kid and I don't know why something like this had to happen to her, that's terrible....
Nicole

Williamsburg, VA

#32 Feb 25, 2008
The article says there were (2) 18-year-olds and (2) 15-year-olds in the vehicle. I can almost understand the 18-years olds being out until 2am, but why were the 15-year-olds out so late in the first place? My parents NEVER would have allowed me to be out at that time of morning when I was 15 for ANY reason! Call me cold-hearted, but if those kids were home by a decent hour and not traveling along 64, they might be alive today. If alcohol and speed were not factors, perhaps it was simply fatigue - most people are exhausted by 2am!
zach

Newport News, VA

#33 Feb 25, 2008
taylor was my friend andlived in my neighborhood.
PAG

Hampton, VA

#34 Feb 25, 2008
Jasmine A H wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrew mason did fall asleep at the wheel, i know this for a fact because i'm a good friend of one of the survivors in the back seat. And yess, this is very sad.
Sadly it happened. I do hope the parents of the 15 year old see taht she should NOT of been on the road at that time! Why was a 15 year old out and about at that time?
PAG

Hampton, VA

#35 Feb 25, 2008
Nicole wrote:
The article says there were (2) 18-year-olds and (2) 15-year-olds in the vehicle. I can almost understand the 18-years olds being out until 2am, but why were the 15-year-olds out so late in the first place? My parents NEVER would have allowed me to be out at that time of morning when I was 15 for ANY reason! Call me cold-hearted,

but if those kids were home by a decent hour and not traveling along 64, they might be alive today. If alcohol and speed were not factors, perhaps it was simply fatigue - most people are exhausted by 2am!
EXACTLY B I N G O ! He was very tired if they had been driving! Of course, we know that a boy at 18 wont stop and call his mom or dad and ask for help cause he is tired.
SAD, they could be alive today!
Still no reason for a 15 year old to be out and about at that time!

“The Apocalypse is a Myth ”

Since: Feb 08

Buckroe/Phoebus/Fox Hill

#37 Feb 25, 2008
Judge not, least you be judged! Now, I'm not the bible thumping type, but many of you could learn a thing or two from Matt 7:1 thru 5. Let the family mourn without all the silliness and gross arrogance running rampart in this thread.
night owl

Newport News, VA

#38 Feb 25, 2008
time is irrevalent. 2 am or 2 pm.if God sent for his angels to come home, then its time too come home.
God bless all families involved.
it was also an honor to see the flags at menchvile high flown at half mass
Shakiya

Newport News, VA

#39 Feb 26, 2008
I dnt kn0w th3m but as i kn0w th3y w3nt t0 my sch00l.. and thats a v3ry sad thing sh3 was s0 y0ung all du3 r3sp3ct th3 th3 family and R.I.P TAYL0R '&ND ANDR3W
SHAMEIKA

Norfolk, VA

#40 Feb 26, 2008
IM SORRY WHAT HAPPEN TO TAYLOR I NEVER KNOW HER BUT SHE WENT TO MY SCHOOL AND I WOULD ALWAY SEE HER IN THE HALLWAYS THAT A VERY SAD THING I WISH HER MOTHER,DAD,BROTHER,BESTFRIEND, BOYFRIEND THE BEST LUCK

I DIDNT KNOW ANDREW BUT WHAT I WAS TOLD HE AS A VERY GOOD PERSON AND I DONT THINK THAT ANY ONE SHOULD MAKE HIM RESPONIBILE FOR WHAT HAPPEN ON I-64 SO I WISHES HIS FAMILY WELL

R.I.P. TAYLOR & ANDREW
ashley

Fredericksburg, VA

#41 Feb 27, 2008
Fig Newton wrote:
Newton's First Law of Motion:
1. Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.
Despite what is stated in the article, considerable speed is necessary to cause the vehicle to have "flipped several times..." and "wrapp[ed] around a tree." Speed kills...or at least the final impact does.
im in taylors family
you know the news isnt always TRUE!
it flipped twice
you dont have to be going that fast
to flip a car
the speed limit could have done it
but who really cares
THERE DEAD
thats what matters
THATS whats important
eff his stupid law!~!!!!!
brittanyc

Newport News, VA

#42 Feb 27, 2008
zach wrote:
u can shut the hell up u didnt know them and u dotn know if he was tired so ya shut the hell up u inconsiderate prick
your exactly rite people need to stfu
seriously....
andrew was an awsome person and we all make mistakes
so all of u on here talking bout if this and if that just shut up
anything like this could have happened to anyone at 9 pm it doesnt matter what time of day
anything is possible
yall r so quick to judge and have no idea
but if these were yall kids yall wouldnt have shit to say
so do us a favor if u cant be supportive on here then dont say shit at all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teenagers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sorensons Ranch School helps when teens make ba... (Oct '10) Jan 26 taken-penguin 28
Busty 18 year old nude teens Jan 25 Jjb12 1
Female Teacher, Staffer Victimize Male Students... Jan 23 cruisingaround 1
Grafton Drug Bust: Two Grafton High School stud... (Apr '10) Jan 20 SmartyPants 67
Police use pictures of black teenagers for shoo... Jan 19 Elvis Obama 14
Creative outlet: Simple process brings rich rew... Jan 19 Believer 3
HDSB to study later start times for high school... Jan 16 cold portables too 1
More from around the web