Teen shooting suspect arrested after ...

Teen shooting suspect arrested after Hawthorne standoff

There are 52 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Aug 29, 2010, titled Teen shooting suspect arrested after Hawthorne standoff. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

After a nearly four-hour standoff involving police from six South Bay agencies, a 17-year-old male was arrested in Hawthorne early Sunday morning on suspicion of attempted murder for shooting at a group of teenagers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Gunslinger

United States

#47 Aug 30, 2010
Hey fool, I can tell you where to come get some....
wcity wrote:
<quoted text>
i hope somone puts a bullet between youre eyes pig!!!.. pig! oink oink ..youre just another loser trying to make themselfs feel better than the rest because of a badge and youre "faily" the LApig D ..youre a sorry excuse for a human ..i have more respect for these "criminals" than a pice of sshhiitt like you that hides behind a badge how i hope to hear you were shot down in the streets :).. have a nice day PIGLET
What

Reseda, CA

#48 Aug 30, 2010
Something that is never explained in these stories, is where the gun came used in these crimes. Where did the prep come by this firepower?
Mostly Agree

Torrance, CA

#49 Aug 30, 2010
Jones wrote:
This is a clear example of what I have said in previous posts. The recourses used to capture this little (p) rick is a drain on each of the city’s budget and ultimately the tax payers. This criminal and others just like him is why this state and cities are suffering financially. What can be done, well stop folding under the pressure of civil rights activists and paying out to the families who sue -Stop caving to the threat of civil unrest by blacks and Hispanics, who cares when “they” play the race card. People need to be more accountable and stop catering to the ACLU and others.
I don't totally disagree with what you said except the part about it being a drain on the city's budget. It didn't cost anything more to get this POS in custody, and all of it would be well spent money if we actually did punish bad guys, instead of sending them to the criminal vacation spot (prison) where they live far more comfortably than they do in normal life. Everything else I agree 100%!
Lets go back to making prisons punishment. Hard labor, no ammenities, and no gyms. Thanks to lawyers and ACLU types, we reward our criminals instead of punishing them, and we pay for all of it!
Will

Monterey Park, CA

#50 Aug 30, 2010
First off, you’re not more than 23 years old, born and raised in Hawthorne/Lawndale/Lennox area. Probably think that because you did fair in drama class and can make a pretty good argument with your friends (similar minded people) when you’re smoking the herb, now you can have an opinion on police and politics, and even how situations that involve armed suspects and attempt murder should be handled, what a laugh. It’s people like you that sue and impose your nonsensical opinions that force government employees to cover a wide range of potential liability. This wasn’t always the case. You are still an idiot. Congratulations, I don’t post on blogs and rarely read them but the level of your idiocy required a response. You should feel honored.

And what does living in the ghetto have to do with it? Seriously?! I’ll go out on a limb here, check the prices of homes in a variety of areas. No one wants to live in the ghetto. That should be your first clue, clueless…
Good vs Evil wrote:
<quoted text>
For one narrow minded one, what does living in the ghetto have to do with anything? Now you really showing ignorance and your true colors, but lets continue, shall we?
Old wise one who swears up and down he knows me, enlighten me on what exactly makes me clueless when I say it is an overreaction to send 6 cities of cops to this one location over a shooting, that only included 2 kids, when they have their one PD to handle it?
Please, do tell old wise one!
BTW, in reference to your "Reading the newspaper is good practice for a kid with your limited education" comment, speak for yourself there bud...
And for one who points out others cannot write, re-read your last sentence, are you an Asian man with English as a 2nd language by any chance?
Good vs Evil

Torrance, CA

#51 Aug 30, 2010
Will wrote:
First off, you’re not more than 23 years old, born and raised in Hawthorne/Lawndale/Lennox area. Probably think that because you did fair in drama class and can make a pretty good argument with your friends (similar minded people) when you’re smoking the herb, now you can have an opinion on police and politics, and even how situations that involve armed suspects and attempt murder should be handled, what a laugh. It’s people like you that sue and impose your nonsensical opinions that force government employees to cover a wide range of potential liability. This wasn’t always the case. You are still an idiot. Congratulations, I don’t post on blogs and rarely read them but the level of your idiocy required a response. You should feel honored.
And what does living in the ghetto have to do with it? Seriously?! I’ll go out on a limb here, check the prices of homes in a variety of areas. No one wants to live in the ghetto. That should be your first clue, clueless…
<quoted text>
1- Almost 30 years old, therefore, you FAIL.

2- Born in Redondo Beach and raised in Torrance, therefore, you FAIL.

3- Drama Class? LOL, most actors are WEIRDO'S, including those in drama class. Not my cup of tea Stud! Therefore, you FAIL.

4- Smoking Herb, you are correct! 1 out of 4 so far isn’t too bad I suppose...lets continue.

5- Never sued in my life. Had a golden opportunity too when I was a child and assaulted by TPD right in front of my father. yet did I sue? NOPE! Therefore, you FAIL.

Seeing that you only scored 1 out of 5 about your assumptions of me, maybe I should assume that you are from those areas, did the whole drama class thing, and even a gay act or two in your lifetime?

OWNED! Got it Willy?
As If

Manhattan Beach, CA

#52 Aug 30, 2010
I only wish this would have happened in Torrance. A much better ending no doubt.
As If

Manhattan Beach, CA

#53 Aug 30, 2010
Of course not genius, the limp dicks in this state refuse to carry it out. There are over 700 animals on death row right now. I'll be glad to carry out the sentences. I'll do it for free.
Just me - wrote:
<quoted text>
Victor, I find it unsettling that someone who wants to become a police officer doesn't know that we do have a death penalty and that it does not deter people from committing murder.
Yogi

Irvine, CA

#54 Aug 31, 2010
As If wrote:
Of course not genius, the limp dicks in this state refuse to carry it out. There are over 700 animals on death row right now. I'll be glad to carry out the sentences. I'll do it for free.
<quoted text>
When we stop finding innocent people serving prison sentences, that is when I will support the death penalty 100%. I think there should be an extra measure of proof required when the death penalty is involved. Beyond a reasonable doubt is clearly not sufficient. Scott Peterson for instance, guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, yes, beyond any doubt, no.
Jones

Canyon Country, CA

#55 Aug 31, 2010
Good vs Evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I am open minded and see threw the smoke!
Realistly, does it take 6 city cops to handle 2 kids locked up in a house?
Now who is clueless??
Who is clueless…You are! If it needs to be explained then you'll never get it. I love it when people, who obviously watch too much TV, decide how law enforcement should approach a tactical situation. Listen, I won't tell you how to do your job, please don't attempt to tell the police how to do theirs.
Good vs Evil

Torrance, CA

#56 Aug 31, 2010
Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is clueless…You are! If it needs to be explained then you'll never get it. I love it when people, who obviously watch too much TV, decide how law enforcement should approach a tactical situation. Listen, I won't tell you how to do your job, please don't attempt to tell the police how to do theirs.
I am actually well informed thank you very much.

6 cities & SWAT!?!? Are you retarded?

And what exactly did all these cops do? Lets say it took one additional city to block off and secure all the surrounding city blocks for safety, sounds fair....what did the rest of the 5 cities doing there do beside sit on the car hoods and talk about shooting out street lights and cracking jokes?

Seriously, if you know so much, please justify what the rest of them were doing there besides wasting our tax dollars??

Awaiting your reply sir know it all.
Jones

Canyon Country, CA

#57 Aug 31, 2010
Good vs Evil wrote:
<quoted text>
I am actually well informed thank you very much.
6 cities & SWAT!?!? Are you retarded?
And what exactly did all these cops do? Lets say it took one additional city to block off and secure all the surrounding city blocks for safety, sounds fair....what did the rest of the 5 cities doing there do beside sit on the car hoods and talk about shooting out street lights and cracking jokes?
Seriously, if you know so much, please justify what the rest of them were doing there besides wasting our tax dollars??
Awaiting your reply sir know it all.
Well I'm not going to stoop to your level and use words like "retarded." Why don't you call Hawthorne PD yourself and ask how many officers were involved. What you don't know is that many of the South Bay SWAT teams train together, and not EVERY SWAT officer is available on a given notice. Furthermore, just because mutual aid was given to Hawthorne from neighboring agencies, surely you are intelligent enough to comprehend that not every city can afford to send more than two or three officers. Use some common sense before spouting out stuff you know nothing about. I’m sure if there was a crime committed against you or your loved ones you would expect 100% from the police.“Sit on the car hoods and talk about shooting out street lights and cracking jokes?” Statements like that are why I’m hesitant to respond to people like you.
Josie

Los Angeles, CA

#59 May 9, 2013
Excuse Me But Yes My Daughter's Father Is The 17Year Old Boy & I Am The Young Prego Girl , My Daughter Is 2 & I'm About To Graduate High School Next Month & I Work In A Office To Raise My Baby Girl & To Maintain Her ! People Change So Everybody Needs To Be Quiet !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teenagers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police beef up Third Thursday staffing (Jun '12) 2 hr Cops are Degenerates 2
News Do you want to buy an airplane built by Vancouv... Apr 20 Woss 1
News Three teenage burglars shot dead by Oklahoma re... Apr 16 pgh 15
News More arrests in West Side crime spree Apr 13 DC Dave 3
News Oklahoma home invasion shooting: 3 victims brok... Apr 11 Awesome news story 1
News Children start worrying about their appearance ... Apr 10 Latter Day Taints 5
News Artist You Need to Know: Khalid Apr 8 butters_ 1
More from around the web