In e-mail, Zyprexa touted for youths

Internal Lilly message flashed before jury during trial in Alaska Dreyer & Reinbold BMW VW Great Deals at Dreyer & Reinbold Greenwood on New and Pre-Owned Certified BMW, Infiniti, Volkswagen and now Subaru!. ... Full Story

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Since: Dec 06

Bangor Maine USA

#1 Mar 15, 2008
Lilly Zyprexa ' Chemical Straitjacket' Use by Children.

Zyprexa,as well as the other atypical antipsychotics, are being prescribed for children, even though this is an unapproved, off-label use. Eli Lilly has been charged in allegedly pushing the drug for children in more than one state.

Recently a parent wrote to us about her two sons. She received pressure to place them on ADHD drugs as early as Head Start. Over the years, they were on a cocktail of various psychotropic drugs. At one time, they were place on Zyprexa and according to the mother more than doubled their body weight.

A report by Dr. Cooper at Vanderbilt University states that 2.5 million children are now taking atypical antipsychotics. Over half are being given them for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Perhaps it is statistics like these that caused the FDA to finally require warnings on the labels of the ADHD drugs.

The use of atypical antipsychotics for children should be banned.

St. Petersburg Times Reports on Zyprexa A risky drug may get wider marketThe FDA may approve Zyprexa for kids, despite its significant side effects in adult use. By ROBERT FARLEY, Times Staff ...

Daniel Haszard

http://www.google.com/search...
Gary

United States

#2 Mar 15, 2008
My, wording is very important in litigation.
ceasar

Mansfield, MA

#3 Mar 15, 2008
Is there an honest person at Lilly who will come forward and explain the real meaning of the "unfortunate wording."

What are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?
Shareholder

AOL

#4 Mar 15, 2008
In fact, a 2002 company internal memo specifically instructed its sales representatives not to discuss diabetes concerns with U.S. doctors, the newspaper reports. "We will NOT proactively address the diabetes concerns," the Times cites an internal Lilly memo as saying.

What gets me is how they could ever blunder this Zyprexa scandal so badly.

From Indy Star article-
"....Alaska is seeking as much as $270 million in damages. The state claims Lilly withheld information about the drug's risks to boost sales..

Lilly shares fell $1.35, or 2.8 percent Friday, closing at $47.81, the lowest point in nearly 11 years."

Not good
Buchanan

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Mar 15, 2008
the stock is at 11 year low

but the new guy taking over is clearly an insider, who seems to have advocated some bad behavior

how many people were thrown under the bus for less

it is no wonder that Lilly is no longer on the lists of best places to work
Bo_Dillin

Kenner, LA

#6 Mar 15, 2008
My 10 yr old neice is on this drug, and I was on it when i was 16
Sorrowful

Pleasanton, CA

#7 Mar 15, 2008
My son was on this drug and now he is dead.
Not fooled

Aurora, IL

#8 Mar 15, 2008
As the hits continue, I wonder if Mitch has unloaded all of his stock. He has a habit of getting out before everyone else gets burnt. Just lucky, I guess.
RICO Lilly NOW

AOL

#9 Mar 15, 2008
Only a fraction of the population is indicated for Zyprexa.Lilly PUSHED $10.00 a pill (Viva Zyprexa campaign) on Millions not indicated.Hospitals were using as a sleeping pill to general patients
Sorrowful

Pleasanton, CA

#10 Mar 15, 2008
My son and the sons of two friends were killed by this drug. Two were in their twenties and one was in his thirties. I want to know where is the justice for their deaths? Where is the criminal trial that will put this man, and Syd Taurel, and whoever else was in on the dirty secret behind bars. For years and years. Killing is a criminal act.
Concerned

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Mar 15, 2008
Can't truss it!
MediaHysteria

Stamford, CT

#12 Mar 15, 2008
Of course the media quotes 3 sentences of a full email which are inevitably and sadly taken out of context. These drugs are used in children and teenagers every day and many people benefit from them. When a psych or internist starts dabbling with these medicines to treat our youth (off-label or otherwise), they are going to want and need answers. Lilly has always provided answers to these questions with facts and clinical data. Despite the New York Times hysteria and juvenile non-contextual quoting magic, NO sales rep. or senior executive blatantly advertises these medications for kids; however, when asked, it is their duty to provide answers and medical information to support the practitioners clinical experience. That is the truth.
Sorrowful

Pleasanton, CA

#13 Mar 15, 2008
MediaHysteria wrote:
Of course the media quotes 3 sentences of a full email which are inevitably and sadly taken out of context. These drugs are used in children and teenagers every day and many people benefit from them. When a psych or internist starts dabbling with these medicines to treat our youth (off-label or otherwise), they are going to want and need answers. Lilly has always provided answers to these questions with facts and clinical data. Despite the New York Times hysteria and juvenile non-contextual quoting magic, NO sales rep. or senior executive blatantly advertises these medications for kids; however, when asked, it is their duty to provide answers and medical information to support the practitioners clinical experience. That is the truth.
SuRELY YOU JEST!!!!! You must be Marni Lemons' brother.7

Bangor Maine USA

#14 Mar 15, 2008
Former Lilly rep blasts practices
WTHR, IN -
Washington, DC - The sales tactics of drug makers, including Eli Lilly, came under fire Wednesday in Congress. Lawmakers are looking for a remedy to the ...

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/story...

Ex-Drug Sales Rep Tells All ABC News

Washington, DC - The sales tactics of drug makers, including Eli Lilly, came under fire Wednesday in Congress. Lawmakers are looking for a remedy to the smooth-talking drug company representatives.
Shahram Ahari told senators he didn't like what he saw as a sales rep for Lilly. Doctors were persuaded with smiles and gifts to prescribe the company's drugs by agents with little if any medical or scientific background.

"I can attest to the many times my clients would begin prescribing more of my drugs, not based on the merits of my arguments, but because we shared dinner at a fancy Manhattan restaurant," said Ahari.
Ahari says it bothered him when he would sometimes be ushered in to see a doctor ahead of waiting patients.
"The doctors were happy to see me, the patients, not so much," he said.
It is a criticism that has been leveled at drug manufacturers, and not just Lilly, for a long time. But with ads for prescription drugs bombarding the airwaves, some say doctors are under more sales pressure than ever.
"You get the patient telling you what drugs to use, as well as the sales reps. so it's worse now and more out of control than I've seen it," said Dr. Jerry Avorn, Harvard Medical School.
Lilly insists it's marketing helps get new information out about things like treatment options and drug safety and that "reliable access to such information is critical for doctors."
But senators were told about pilot projects aimed at giving doctors unbiased drug information through a network of medical professionals who go to doctor's offices as so-called "un-sales reps."
Advocates say such projects have been successful where they've been tried. Lawmakers are interested, and are considering offering federal grants to encourage it.

The drug industry spends an estimated $30 billion a year on marketing, nearly a quarter of that aimed at physicians.

---

Daniel Haszard
http://www.google.com/search...

Bangor Maine USA

#15 Mar 15, 2008
MediaHysteria wrote:
.., NO sales rep. or senior executive blatantly advertises these medications for kids; however..
.."I can attest to the many times my clients would begin prescribing more of my drugs, not based on the merits of my arguments, but because we shared dinner at a fancy Manhattan restaurant," said Ahari...
Bradshaw

UK

#16 Aug 1, 2013
I took Klonopin and Paxil for 15 years to treat my anxiety disorder. I had to detox from the Klonopin this past spring. I got off the Klonopin and switched my Paxil to Lexapro (sex side effect issue). I am also a recovering alcoholic. My doctor did not want me on Benzo's anymore (says it increased alcohol cravings). I stayed on Lexapro only for 9 months, but my anxiety came back strong on just the Lexapro alone. I almost resorted to taking Xanax before I switched doctors. My new doc gave Zyprexa from http://z-olanzapine.com a chance. I am on my 7th day and I haven't felt this "normal" in 5 years. I take 5mgs at night and it has ended the "chatter" in my head, and removed my anxiety. Great medicine so far.
Somerandomchick

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Aug 2, 2013
Of course you never hear this on the news... R.I.P to those innocent people whose lives were lost.
Hailey

Romania

#18 Aug 17, 2013
Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://z-olanzapine.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teenagers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meet the teenage sex swap lovers (Jul '13) 14 hr hey 183
Resisting reality no way to address pregnancy i... (Nov '06) Thu jiv 2
Tate Schools Suspend Nine Students (May '10) Dec 16 geaux 29
Gang activity alarms Deltona, which plans schoo... (Jun '07) Dec 16 greenvista85 109
Girls don't know how to say 'no': study (May '09) Dec 16 Lysette 27
Boom Boom Cabaret Murder Arrests (Dec '06) Dec 16 Akwayand Forever 57
Teens vandalize Christmas decorations in Oakvil... Dec 15 rich neighbourhood 1
More from around the web