Gilbert teens say they were attacked for being Mormon

May 6, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Arizona Daily Star

Gilbert police are investigating an assault against two teenagers who say they were attacked because of their religion. via The Arizona Daily Star

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
bob

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2008

sorry but they have the story all worng its like that we will find out when they go to court
Me in Arizona

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

How do they have the story wrong?
insider

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

this story is completely wrong,
the whole thing had come up because the mormon boys had beat up one of the fighters little brothers days before. the "mormons" were far from being "victims of a hate crime"
if you are going to do the news, nobody is going to respect you unless you get both sides of the story.
the fighters are good kids, that made a mistake. but the whole mormon thing, thats bs.
The Night Train

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Judged:

I'm so sick of hearing the story is wrong - Take a look at the police report. The Breunig boys Brett, Blake, and Bo are bullies. They have never been taught to respect ,obey, or appreciate anything. Children Learn what the live! Stop making excuses and be a responsable parent. How many times is this going to happen before they get it. This is not the 1st time, this has been going on for many years. How embarrasing!
hophop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2008

Judged:

Hey Night Train Worry about your own kids if you have any and stop judging other families. Do you know the family personally? why would you mention these kids names and this families name on a blog? Hopefully you will never have something like this happen to you and your family.
Concerned Parent

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2008

Judged:

I agree with hophop. You should not have mentioned the names of the boys. However, if the parents would start holding these kids accountable for everything they do, I'm sure they would not be in this horrible situation.
Me in Arizona

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2008

Judged:

As the police release more information, you see that insider's post is moronic.

The Mormon kids started nothing. The police have spoken to many witnesses who belonged to neither group and they have ALL matched up with the story the mormon kids are telling. They were all interviewed separately. All of the kids who showed up DRUNK told different versions to the police. The police are still actively working this case. There will be more information soon.

Insider, you need to stop listening to the side of the story that makes your kids look better and start facing facts.
Sandi

Springdale, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

Judged:

The Night Train wrote:
I'm so sick of hearing the story is wrong - Take a look at the police report. The Breunig boys Brett, Blake, and Bo are bullies. They have never been taught to respect ,obey, or appreciate anything. Children Learn what the live! Stop making excuses and be a responsable parent. How many times is this going to happen before they get it. This is not the 1st time, this has been going on for many years. How embarrasing!
Its sad how quick people want to trash others I will bet you are a perfect person right?and your kids or yourself have never made a comment or said anything you wish you had not....I have known the family for years they raised all of them with love and respect and the news and alot of the people writing in dont know crap about them how sad that you all should judge without the full story about this family!!!you should be ashamed..
unknown

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

Judged:

Sandi wrote:
<quoted text>
Its sad how quick people want to trash others I will bet you are a perfect person right?and your kids or yourself have never made a comment or said anything you wish you had not....I have known the family for years they raised all of them with love and respect and the news and alot of the people writing in dont know crap about them how sad that you all should judge without the full story about this family!!!you should be ashamed..
Come on now Sandi.... If you have know this family for years, you would know better.
MHS

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

Judged:

hophop wrote:
Hey Night Train Worry about your own kids if you have any and stop judging other families. Do you know the family personally? why would you mention these kids names and this families name on a blog? Hopefully you will never have something like this happen to you and your family.
Do you know the family personally? Have you ever had a problem with this family? Lack of accountabilty, parents who always say "that is not their kids fault" and blame others. I can see if a family struggles with just one child however that is not the case here.Parents are responsible for raising their kids and holding them accountable. This is a very sad situation for everyone involved.
hophop

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

Judged:

MHS wrote:
<quoted text>Do you know the family personally? Have you ever had a problem with this family? Lack of accountabilty, parents who always say "that is not their kids fault" and blame others. I can see if a family struggles with just one child however that is not the case here.Parents are responsible for raising their kids and holding them accountable. This is a very sad situation for everyone involved.
Actually MHS I do know the family personally and I have not had a problem with them, We all make mistakes and I am not here to judge anyone. I do know that you are right it is a sad situation and hopefully everyone learns from their mistakes, I do know this family is very saddened by this. I can also say that this was not a hate crime like it has been made out to be. I am not on here to bash other people's kids or the way they raise them. That is really none of any one's business. I hope everyone involved can get through this and I pray for them all.
MHS

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

Judged:

hophop wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually MHS I do know the family personally and I have not had a problem with them, We all make mistakes and I am not here to judge anyone. I do know that you are right it is a sad situation and hopefully everyone learns from their mistakes, I do know this family is very saddened by this. I can also say that this was not a hate crime like it has been made out to be. I am not on here to bash other people's kids or the way they raise them. That is really none of any one's business. I hope everyone involved can get through this and I pray for them all.
I agree... I do not think this was a hate crime. I think it was a smart- ass little boy that would talk back to anyone because again no respect for others. It really is everyones business however, I will pray for the family too!
Billy Goat

Queen Creek, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2011

I am very saddened by this. I too have known this family for quite a few years. They have been involved in everything their boys were involved in..all of their sports..coaching..having all the kids hang at their house. This family has raised their boys with a lot of love and guidance. They have Bible Studies at their house. Of course I am sure they are heart sick..but they have good boys. This is not the first time boys have fought..nor will it be the last. If anyone would have beaten on my little sister....I am sure I would have taken care of it too..its how kids think. All we can do is pray for them.
BrettB

Chowchilla, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Man it's funny to look back on this and remember how ridiculous this whole thing was. I'm 21 yrs old now and have learned a lot since then. When I saw that they were trying to pin this as a hate crime I was sick to my stomach. Part of my own mothers family is Mormon! I'm Christian why would someone hate on someone who is very similar to their own faith and race even? Those kids were picking on my little brother from what he told me on the phone call that day. I shouldve handled it a little less aggressively looking back. But a friend I was with threw a punch before we even finished exchanging words with the victims so from there it turned into an all out fight but shouldn't have gone to that point. I'll always have remorse for the family of the victims, but pushing for a hate crime when they know that's not te case, was outrageous and messed with my reputation as a varsity football player and well known person in the community and scared me for life I believe... Good thing I moved to Cali!:) get a life bloggers who didn't know a thing at the time ur probably the same today as 5 yrs ago! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••