Sex 'education' doesn't teach kids he...

Sex 'education' doesn't teach kids healthy lifestyles

There are 32 comments on the Springfield News Leader story from Apr 18, 2006, titled Sex 'education' doesn't teach kids healthy lifestyles. In it, Springfield News Leader reports that:

A recent letter to the editor indicated inaccurately that the public schools have not been teaching a sex education curriculum to students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Springfield News Leader.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
virgil

Kansas City, KS

#2 Apr 19, 2006
no more sex!!!!!!!!
Lala

Buffalo, NY

#3 Apr 24, 2006
MORE SEX!!!!
kyle

Buffalo, NY

#4 Apr 24, 2006
sex ed teaches kids what parents dont and wont
Teen16

Walcott, AR

#5 Apr 26, 2006
Why have sex? You could get hiv or aids. Sex is stupid unless your older.
Teen16

Walcott, AR

#6 Apr 26, 2006
Lala wrote:
MORE SEX!!!!
Stop having sex..., it's grosso!!!!!!!!!!
Teen16

Walcott, AR

#7 Apr 26, 2006
virgil wrote:
no more sex!!!!!!!!
I agree totally w/u on that. No more sex.
koko

Saudi Arabia

#8 May 7, 2006
virgil wrote:
no more sex!!!!!!!!
teen
Teen17

Fort Wayne, IN

#9 May 8, 2006
You dont like sex because you never get some!
Lala knows what i'm talking about!!!!
bob

Coram, NY

#10 May 8, 2006
Lala wrote:
MORE SEX!!!!
hell yea more sex is gooood ..........
bob

Coram, NY

#11 May 8, 2006
Teen16
Stop having sex.. noooo loser sex is good cause that right u dont get any lala
Teen17

Fort Wayne, IN

#12 May 9, 2006
Saying no more sex is like saying, no more Food! You can't live without it!It's necessary to the human race!;D!
Claire

Keighley, UK

#13 May 11, 2006
Sex is fantastic w8 til u get sum w8 til u ave ur 1st orgasam it great it like u being born again.
Teen16

Walcott, AR

#15 May 11, 2006
Teen17 wrote:
You dont like sex because you never get some!
Lala knows what i'm talking about!!!!
No bc I was raised up right!
franko

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#16 Jul 15, 2006
Teen16 wrote:
<quoted text> No bc I was raised up right!
Sex is great, but not until you are ready to have it ....
GodAskdVickyYUGo ttaBSoFly

AOL

#18 Jul 23, 2006
Alan R McGillvray wrote:
OK Franco, when do YOU think ready is?
A female's body is ready when she starts her period, no matter her age in years.
A male's body is ready when he starts ejaculating from "wet" dreams, no matter his age in years.
Both sexes of young people are 'ready' when the're ready, and w/o an education (parents or school) they will not know how to counteract risky (sexual) situations.
Actually Alan, Franco never said what he ment by "when your ready". He might of ment physically (which is what you were thinking) or mabye mentally. Which could mean alot of things.
franko

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#19 Jul 24, 2006
Alan R McGillvray wrote:
OK Franco, when do YOU think ready is?
A female's body is ready when she starts her period, no matter her age in years.
A male's body is ready when he starts ejaculating from "wet" dreams, no matter his age in years.
Both sexes of young people are 'ready' when the're ready, and w/o an education (parents or school) they will not know how to counteract risky (sexual) situations.
LOL!!!... obviously I have proven my own point which I made to someone else recently on another thread ... if I try to be too succinct, I leave out important information ....

... when I said "ready" I meant emotionally, psychologiclaly, and perhaps even financially .... just in case someone gets pregnant and now you have the complications and responsibilities involved.

Generally I think that most people are truly not ready to manage the complications of a sexual relationship until they are at least 18. Some people may need even longer to reach that stage.

IS that clear enough?
pradeep

Coimbatore, India

#20 Aug 6, 2006
have sex
nothing wrong in it
franko

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#22 Aug 8, 2006
pradeep wrote:
have sex
nothing wrong in it
well said from a country that has nearly 1 Billion people in an area smaller than the USA.
Teen 17

Chesterfield, MO

#23 Nov 18, 2006
Sex is fabulous!!! wait til you have it! you agree with me! and i dont really care if you were "raised right" because who's to difine what "raised right" means! i mean i was raised right!:)
Phil

Rancho Cordova, CA

#24 Nov 20, 2006
Sex before your marriage can bring a lot of consequences in your life. Sex it self is a beautiful thing but only between husband and wife.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teenagers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From Amish to Ozarks, not the same old stories (Jun '08) Aug 24 Martingrove Menace 40
I (girl) Walked in on my older brother masturba... Aug 24 wanderkub 1
News LGBTI campaigners turn on Swinney over homophob... Aug 21 Cave Man Alert 5
I think my 16 year old daughter is getting fat ... (Feb '10) Aug 20 hi there 101
News 3 teens dead after stealing one car too many Aug 17 where were your p... 6
News The Latest: Milwaukee toughens teen curfew Aug 16 Sammy 3
News Homemade 'dewshine' is dangerous, deadly (Jan '16) Aug 14 Just me 4
More from around the web