Man attacked while stopping juvenile ...

Man attacked while stopping juvenile vandals

There are 19 comments on the Greensburg Daily News story from May 28, 2013, titled Man attacked while stopping juvenile vandals. In it, Greensburg Daily News reports that:

Greensburg - When Greensburg resident Jim Parker, 41, sat down to watch television at his North Street home late Friday night on May 10, he had no clue how disturbed his evening would become.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Greensburg Daily News.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#2 May 28, 2013
I just read this and totally wondered the same thing. If Mr. Parker had shanked one of those kids in the back, he'd probably be getting charged with attempted murder.
Two Step The Truth

Palmyra, IN

#3 May 28, 2013
My question is, if all there juveniles attacked him two stabbed? Why wasn't there three battery charges. Plus vandalism, minor consuming, and the parents should be charged with neglect. Obviously, this behavior is on going. It didn't just up and decide one day to attack someone and break school Windows and drink? Where were the parents? And I applaud Mr. Parker, its good to know there are still people who will stand up.
Hell I wouldn't have blamed him if he knocked the fuckers out. THEY STABBED HIM. What I would have done wouldn't have been pretty.
The real Jeff Martin

Greenwood, IN

#5 May 29, 2013
Does Greensburg have a young version of Charles Manson on board?

Were these kids unleashing "Helter Skelter" on the status quo?

They make Jean and I tame by comparison, don't they, Rick?
mom and dad

Spring Hill, FL

#6 May 29, 2013
who are the outstanding parents of these thug kids their names should be in the paper
wow

Greensburg, IN

#7 May 29, 2013
I agree m nieghbor sit in the hose and have no clue hoe thiere children behaves outside
The real Jeff Martin

Greenwood, IN

#8 May 29, 2013
I can't help but to notice the "brilliant" and "agree" symbols above this....
The real Jeff Martin wrote:
They make Jean and I tame by comparison, don't they, Rick?
Thanks, Rick. Maybe there's hope, yet!
Yep

Indianapolis, IN

#9 May 29, 2013
Sad truth is that he prob would have been charged with worse if he did hit them I would have clean the boys teeth out
blip

Sunman, IN

#10 May 29, 2013
If a knife is shorter than the palm of your hand, which most pocket knives are, you can carry it because the blade isn't long enough to reach any internal organs. Greensburg's fine police force told my grandmother that.
Yep

Louisville, KY

#11 May 29, 2013
True but its against the law to use it as a weapon
Seriously

Greensburg, IN

#12 May 29, 2013
Does anyone know who these kids were?
The real Jeff Martin

Greenwood, IN

#13 May 29, 2013
There used to be a house at the corner of Lincoln Street and Montgomery Road, where the Davis Quick Lube is now. The police were called there late one night about early 1972. A guy named Johnny Davis lay naked and dead in his bed.

Johnny's wife, Ruby, and her drinking companion, Virgil Rohlfing, were there as well as Ruby's grown son. All three had been drinking.

Johnny had a small piercing in his lower abdomen and otherwise, his body was unremarkable. It seems that someone had stabbed him with a very small pocket knife and the blade cut a tiny hole in his intestine. He bled to death over a period of hours. Nobody took him to the emergency room or even called an ambulance.

In their drunken melee while Johnny bled out, either Ruby, Virgil, or Ruby's son had the foresight to wash the knife under a kitchen faucet and to carefully wipe the sides with a towel so as not to leave a fingerprint. And when the police were finally called, nobody could remember anything.

I was told about 35 years ago, that the coroner had refused to sign the death certificate as to cause of death. The evidence didn't substantiate a murder conviction and besides, it couldn't be proven who was the guilty person. Nobody was telling.

Johnny had a life insurance policy with Ruby as beneficiary. The coroner figured that if Ruby wouldn't come clean as to who did her husband in, then she was undeserving. Insurance companies won't pay until the cause of death is verified and a proper death certificate is delivered for its records.

Johnny would have survived had he been given medical attention.
really

United States

#15 May 29, 2013
And how do you know that Jeff?
ohmylanta

Greensburg, IN

#16 May 30, 2013
There used to be a house at the corner of Lincoln Street and Montgomery Road, where the Davis Quick Lube is now. The police were called there late one night about early 1972. A guy named Johnny Davis lay naked and dead in his bed.
Johnny's wife, Ruby, and her drinking companion, Virgil Rohlfing, were there as well as Ruby's grown son. All three had been drinking.
Johnny had a small piercing in his lower abdomen and otherwise, his body was unremarkable. It seems that someone had stabbed him with a very small pocket knife and the blade cut a tiny hole in his intestine. He bled to death over a period of hours. Nobody took him to the emergency room or even called an ambulance.
In their drunken melee while Johnny bled out, either Ruby, Virgil, or Ruby's son had the foresight to wash the knife under a kitchen faucet and to carefully wipe the sides with a towel so as not to leave a fingerprint. And when the police were finally called, nobody could remember anything.
I was told about 35 years ago, that the coroner had refused to sign the death certificate as to cause of death. The evidence didn't substantiate a murder conviction and besides, it couldn't be proven who was the guilty person. Nobody was telling.
Johnny had a life insurance policy with Ruby as beneficiary. The coroner figured that if Ruby wouldn't come clean as to who did her husband in, then she was undeserving. Insurance companies won't pay until the cause of death is verified and a proper death certificate is delivered for its records.
Johnny would have survived had he been given medical attention.
I vaguely remember hearing something about that story years ago, that was just unfortunate.
The real Jeff Martin

Greenwood, IN

#17 May 30, 2013
really wrote:
And how do you know that Jeff?
Why don't you look at the microfilm of old Daily News publications for January - March 1972 or January - March 1973? It snowed that night.
The real Jeff Martin

Greenwood, IN

#18 May 30, 2013
Why don't you look at the microfilm of old Daily News publications for January - March 1972 or January - March 1973? It snowed that night.
You wouldn't have to look if you were from around these parts, would you, Fayette?
J Martin

Lewisburg, OH

#19 May 30, 2013
I can't help but to notice the "brilliant" and "agree" symbols above this....
<quoted text>
Thanks, Rick. Maybe there's hope, yet!
That's "clueless" and "spam" and "nuts" marks. Because that you are clueless and nuts and all of your comments are spam. No one agrees with you, likes you or wants you here.
Marx

Orleans, IN

#22 Jun 3, 2013
Not yet being old enough to vote, this act makes all three of these up and coming outstanding members of society honorary Democrats
confused

Batesville, IN

#23 Jun 4, 2013
Marx wrote:
Not yet being old enough to vote, this act makes all three of these up and coming outstanding members of society honorary Democrats
???????
Could you explain what you are trying to say?
Glock

Boston, NY

#24 Jun 4, 2013
He should have been carrying a gun and shot the young punks! I mean they was stabbing him, wouldn't that have been self defense??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teenagers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 Teens Charged In Utica Shots Fired Incident O... 9 hr Animal Orangutang 3
News The Latest: With sentencing Hastert loses teach... 11 hr Denny for Prison 2
News Wide reach of social media: Amish kids on Facebook (Jun '11) 21 hr Buggy bandit 4
News Young girls are having sex with older men ... o... (Feb '11) 21 hr herineausurus 6,300
News Charges pending against students in post-prom rape (May '14) Fri Wondering 107
News Barrio Writers provides writing workshops for u... Fri June Ann 1
News 10NEWS EXTRA: State working to make teen drivin... (May '07) Apr 27 Honest opinion 11
More from around the web