Regular teen pot smokers prone to dep...

Regular teen pot smokers prone to depression, anxiety: Study

There are 7 comments on the Star Phoenix story from Dec 18, 2009, titled Regular teen pot smokers prone to depression, anxiety: Study. In it, Star Phoenix reports that:

Teenagers who smoke marijuana on a daily basis cause damage to their developing brains, making them more susceptible to depression and anxiety in adulthood, a new McGill University study suggests.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Phoenix.

Len

Jersey City, NJ

#1 Dec 18, 2009
This is nothing new. Any substance used daily, including alcohol, can have negative effects on a still developing mind. That's why anyone with half a brain would not advocate kids using it at all, never mind daily.
benjamin

Carlisle, PA

#2 Dec 18, 2009
I've heard this before on a documentary called "messing with minds". It was a study on young cannabis users in Australia. Their study claimed the same thing. I wonder though if this is true where are all the depressed and paranoid people at? If 40% of american youth has tried cannabis one would figue that we would see a large number of cases backing this kind of study. I do not think that children should be using any drugs, unless it is prescribed by a doctor. If this is true it is yet another reason to legalize cannabis for adults over 21 or 18, this would help to stop the sale of cannabis to those underage.
Legalize Cannabis

United States

#3 Dec 18, 2009
This all a bunch of government propaganda designed to continue this failed, unjust war on cannabis.

ALL TEENAGERS ARE DEPRESSED AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER!!!!!!

ITS A PART OF GROWING UP!!!!!!!!\\Thats why some teens gravitate to cannabis because cannabis EFFECTIVELY TREATS DEPRESSION!!!!!!!!!!
Ruhull Alam

Walsall, UK

#4 Dec 18, 2009
Legalize Cannabis wrote:
This all a bunch of government propaganda designed to continue this failed, unjust war on cannabis.
ITS A PART OF GROWING UP!!!!!!!!\\Thats why some teens gravitate to cannabis because cannabis EFFECTIVELY TREATS DEPRESSION!!!!!!!!!!
Drug use is dangerous though. Young people should not be exposed to drugs at such a young age. The issue this article raises though is that there is a lack of control and regulation under current drug policies. It is easier under these current prohibitionist laws for a young person to get drugs. The government has to regulate and control drugs. Criminals/Dealers don't care who they sell to.
DoneStoopid

Pompano Beach, FL

#5 Dec 18, 2009
Legalize Cannabis wrote:
I'm with ya, but I think you missed the point. They'll suffer when they are grown-ups. Hope that helps little fella!
Legalize Cannabis

United States

#6 Dec 19, 2009
DoneStoopid wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with ya, but I think you missed the point. They'll suffer when they are grown-ups. Hope that helps little fella!

Im 51 and have been smoking pot with absolutely no harmful effects since I was 13.

Here's a video you should watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Elijah
#7 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teenagers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fitchburg Police: Armed teens threatened man on... 5 hr Jimmy 5
News Teens storm Georgia Wal-Mart in wild rampage of... Sat burton 7
News Treating ED in teens key for future well-being (Mar '09) Fri williamssmith1n 25
News Lights, camera, action for filming of pilot for... (Jan '09) Aug 24 creepy 51
News Armstrong Williams: What if black lives really ... Aug 24 reality is a crutch 1
News Prosecutors: Boys taken from US custody, put to... Aug 24 AmericansFIRST 1
News Dr. Claudio Cerullo discusses the impact of bul... (May '10) Aug 23 Keven Frank Princ... 2
More from around the web