One of Shanda Sharer's killers, Melin...

One of Shanda Sharer's killers, Melinda Loveless, wants out of prison

There are 404 comments on the WDRB-TV Louisville story from Oct 11, 2007, titled One of Shanda Sharer's killers, Melinda Loveless, wants out of prison. In it, WDRB-TV Louisville reports that:

“Oh I don't think anyone will ever forget it, no nobody's gonna forget it.”

One of the area's most notorious teenage killers wants out of prison. The people of Madison, Indiana are outraged she now wants out. via WDRB-TV Louisville

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDRB-TV Louisville.

Steven

Norton, VA

#286 Oct 19, 2012
Most of you people are so superficial. You know damn well that if Shanda hadn't been a murder victim she'd just be another nitwit to all of you people and you could give a shit about her. The real reason you all are up in arms is because you couldn't imagien anything like that happening to your sister, mother, little angels/whatever. You know damn well all you care about is yourself. So stop the damn bitching, Melinda did right. This country got what it deserved. Millions of people are hateful and provoke other people but are not held accountable for it or forced to be remorceful about it. It's the way of the world. The hate and spite and indifference Melinda showed is in no comparison to that which can be found in this world and where surely she got it from, this society. Killing a girl was a bit extreme but Melinda wouldn't have been able to actually do it if her life experience didn't pre-determine her to. People are not programmed to behave that way, they just don't have the guts to., though I heave dealt with many teenagers who behaved and felt the same way Melinda did before the murder of shanda, does it usually lead to violcnce? No it does not. But most of the kids also did not have the same life experience, that our actions are ruled by and mental state as Melinda, being a lost, confused, impulsive, brash, mentally impaired teenager on top of it. Humans are all pre-determined to behave the way they do, genetics, life experiences, physical make-up, personality, race, gender, enviornment, society these factors and more make us who we are. It's real simple and it's just the way it is. So stop blaming these girls for something that was bound to happan anyway. They had no more control over their own behaviour then they did the color of their hair.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#287 Oct 23, 2012
http://simplysue1958.webs.com/shandasscholars...

If you would like to do something good in Shanda's honor and memory Plz donate.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#288 Oct 23, 2012
Renee you are delusional.
Mez

Toronto, Canada

#289 Dec 25, 2012
Renee wrote:
An innocent 12 year old cild? Is that supposed to be funny?
I wouldn't consider anybody innocent especially someone like Shanda. I've read cruel Sacrifice and Shanda wasn't a very kind or understanding young girl and contributed as much to her own murder as those girls did. Children are not innocent in God's eye, we are all born into sin. Shanda is no more a child than Melinda was. I knew better when I was Shanda's age.
There are actually 12 year old girls in the Bible who were killed pretty much like Shanda for behaving like her. And yes God decides when and how each person leaves this Earth. We were cursed when Eve bit the apple. As Video Guy pointed out, he often commands of, approves and delights in the murder of young girls and children.
Infact God hates homosexuals. So I guess you all want those girls to be tortured and set on fire like Shanda was would get their wish and all of those girls would be dead like Shanda was supposed to be according to the Bible.
BUT Jesus came and changed the old law. Whether those girls new right from wrong it doesn't matter, theyshould have been rehabilitated. We are supposed to forgive and forget no matter what sin a person commits which this society does not do which is why it's so fucked up. Shanda is not exempt from this. Hellfire awaits you just like it would Shanda and her friends and family unless they accept Jesus.
If all those girls would have been practising Christians this crime would have not taken place. They were all lost. But Shanda had no excuse. She had good parents, was not mentally ill or anything like that. So why don't you blame this crime on the world instead of young girls.
Those evil girls killed her, you seem uneducated, I cannot believe that any one would state what god "hates". Get a life Renee and understand your surroundings. Life and the world has evolved since te dark ages. I suggest you become more educated before spouting off bull. How dare you suggest that poor girl Shanda be anything but one of gods loved creatures.
Another Neighbor

Madison, IN

#290 Dec 25, 2012
I have no dog in this fight, Mez. But you are the one whose grammar points to your lack of knowledge. And the fact that you think God doesn't hate, proves your ignorance regarding the Bible. He hates sin. Man has not evolved since the dark ages, and God DOES NOT change.
the crypt keeper

Carrollton, KY

#291 Dec 26, 2012
free laurie and malinda now
weird

Madison, IN

#292 Dec 26, 2012
Bought an old desk last summer at a county auction. In the back of the desk draws were copies of travel trip reimbursement sheets for out of town witnesses that testified. Interesting reality of a horrible crime.

Free them? They can rot for all I care. you think they have changed? Not likely. Free them after the sentence is up.
the crypt keeper

Carrollton, KY

#293 Dec 26, 2012
weird wrote:
Bought an old desk last summer at a county auction. In the back of the desk draws were copies of travel trip reimbursement sheets for out of town witnesses that testified. Interesting reality of a horrible crime.
Free them? They can rot for all I care. you think they have changed? Not likely. Free them after the sentence is up.
you dont keep illeagel beaners locked up,free laurie and melinda
MR MUSCLE

Morristown, NJ

#294 Dec 26, 2012
The killers laurie and melinda can be free when Shanda rises up from her grave and releases them ! plus about illegals not all are mexican. their are plenty from europe too. Lets not forget.
Another Neighbor

Madison, IN

#295 Dec 26, 2012
Mr. Muscle, that is an idiotic statement and an even more idiotic moniker. Your English is dreadful. Pray tell, how many illegal immigrants do you think there are in this country from Europe? The overwhelming majority are of either Mexican or Asian heritage.
the crypt keeper

Carrollton, KY

#296 Dec 26, 2012
MR MUSCLE wrote:
The killers laurie and melinda can be free when Shanda rises up from her grave and releases them ! plus about illegals not all are mexican. their are plenty from europe too. Lets not forget.
i think they was set up,by lesbian lovers group,they freed the world of a tounge lover
MR MUSCLE

Morristown, NJ

#298 Dec 27, 2012
Another Neighbor wrote:
Mr. Muscle, that is an idiotic statement and an even more idiotic moniker. Your English is dreadful. Pray tell, how many illegal immigrants do you think there are in this country from Europe? The overwhelming majority are of either Mexican or Asian heritage.
Dear ANOTHER NEIGHBOR, I was just stating my opinion on the matter. Thats all. I am not here to hurl insults at other people on this site either.As for my MR MUSCLE Moniker? I chose that because I am a bodybuilder. Good day to you!
Another Neighbor

Madison, IN

#299 Dec 27, 2012
MR MUSCLE wrote:
<quoted text>Dear ANOTHER NEIGHBOR, I was just stating my opinion on the matter. Thats all. I am not here to hurl insults at other people on this site either.As for my MR MUSCLE Moniker? I chose that because I am a bodybuilder. Good day to you!
Understood. I apologize for my abrasive comments. Good day to you as well, sir.
Heather

United States

#300 Jan 28, 2013
I served time with them both, and they were kids then, they. are grown women now! People change. And yes its very horrible, but I think the 60 year sentence was good enough! Melinda, has to think about that everyday, you people dont know her!
Concernedviewer

Taylors, SC

#301 Feb 11, 2013
Each one of those girls should have gotten life, even the ones who where there but did not stop it. Even though two was released early and i think one of the two have kids, well yu reep what you sew, it may not happen to her kids but maybe her grandkids sad to say, but what goes aroumd comes around. And melissa wants out of prison smh, wtf...they should murder her for that thought...these ladies were so stupid and now look they want ppl to feel sorry for them but a crime was committed, they need to get whats coming from them!!!#teamshanda!
Concernedviewer

Taylors, SC

#302 Feb 11, 2013
the crypt keeper wrote:
free laurie and malinda now
someone should commit the crime they did to yur child...how dare yu say some trash likr that
unknown

Katy, TX

#303 Feb 12, 2013
Renee wrote:
The kids who were involved in this crime were CHILDREN, and very naive. If you're going to hold people responsible for torture make sure it is an actual torturer, not a couple of irrational, deluded, easily confused and influenced teenagers who happened to have the wrong life and were at the wrong place at an isolated incident where something horrible happened. Yes teens sometimes make mistakes and do ridiculous things, it doesn't usually involve violence but the same holds in this scenerio. There is a big difference between an adult killer and a teenage killer. None of those girls set out to torture and kill someone that night; it's just what happened and no I don't think that it is appropriate to hold teenagers responsible for that let alone as adults. Laurie was the only one who was really dangerous; most likely due to the violent inducing medication she was on. Melinda did nothing that no other teenager girl has ever done up until Laurie turned Melinda's threats into action. Melinda had just wanted to scare Shanda and beat her up but just happened to get tangled up with someone like Laurie Tackett. Laurie Tackett was the one who contributed the most to Shanda’s injuries. She taunted Melinda about killing Shanda and pushed her into it. She egged Melinda on to start beating Shanda, helped her strangle her, stabbed and beat her with the tire iron several times when she was in the trunk of the car. She also lit the gasoline that Hope Rippey poured on her causing Shanda’s death. So I would say that Melinda, Hope, and Toni were as much of a child as Shanda was and should have been rehabilitated (and no a 60 year prison sentence is not doing that) and Laurie was psychotic and should have been sent off to a psych ward. Being a murder victim can't save you, only Jesus can. My prayers are with Melinda, Hope and Laurie. I can't wait to see them as Angels in heaven!
Renee...I want you to go back and read the stupid shit you wrote. NO TWELVE YEAR OLD deserves to die the way shanda did. You're seriously sick in the head and need to be in the psych ward yourself you heartless bitch
sad

Deputy, IN

#304 Feb 12, 2013
Concernedviewer wrote:
<quoted text> someone should commit the crime they did to yur child...how dare yu say some trash likr that
how could you wish something like that on any child? your no better by saying something like that! no, they should not get out, no one will ever forget the terrible things they did that went beyond murder, and if their is a god i hope all of them feel what they put that little girl through, but how could you wish another child to go through it. all of you say how terrible this was, which it is, then say stupid outlandish comments for what? look at yourselves!!! no one even has compasion for other humans anymore, everyone is just walking around numb, and as a mother, i pray for my childeren everyday that they just make it in this crappy world!!
African Opinion

Nairobi, Kenya

#305 Feb 28, 2013
Its been eleven years since beautiful shanda's life was cut short. Those asking for release of Melinda should take her place in prison...what if it was one of their relatives?

The crime was so shocking it is known in my home country Kenya thousands of miles away from where it happened.

Reneee you should be investigated seeing as you agree with what Melinda did to Shanda. If stupidity were a crime you would probably be life imprisoned.

WynonasBigBrownB eaver

Sylacauga, AL

#306 Mar 4, 2013
African Opinion wrote:
Its been eleven years since beautiful shanda's life was cut short. Those asking for release of Melinda should take her place in prison...what if it was one of their relatives?
The crime was so shocking it is known in my home country Kenya thousands of miles away from where it happened.
Reneee you should be investigated seeing as you agree with what Melinda did to Shanda. If stupidity were a crime you would probably be life imprisoned.
11 years?

Try 21 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teenagers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fitchburg Police: Armed teens threatened man on... 8 hr Jimmy 5
News Teens storm Georgia Wal-Mart in wild rampage of... Sat burton 7
News Treating ED in teens key for future well-being (Mar '09) Fri williamssmith1n 25
News Lights, camera, action for filming of pilot for... (Jan '09) Aug 24 creepy 51
News Armstrong Williams: What if black lives really ... Aug 24 reality is a crutch 1
News Prosecutors: Boys taken from US custody, put to... Aug 24 AmericansFIRST 1
News Dr. Claudio Cerullo discusses the impact of bul... (May '10) Aug 23 Keven Frank Princ... 2
More from around the web