Teens and gay sex: the numbers may su...

Teens and gay sex: the numbers may surprise you

There are 23 comments on the Houston Chronicle story from Oct 11, 2009, titled Teens and gay sex: the numbers may surprise you. In it, Houston Chronicle reports that:

If your kids were gay would they be safe? National Coming Out Day is this Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Houston Chronicle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 09

Australia

#1 Oct 11, 2009
no
eastcoast203

East Haven, CT

#3 Oct 12, 2009
its more common now-a-days so im not surprised haha plus im gay also!!
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#4 Oct 12, 2009
floorboards wrote:
no
Yes.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#5 Oct 12, 2009
I don't think some heterosexuals actually realize how common and normal homosexuality actually is. And how much gay sex happens between 2 people who fully identify as straight or live straight lives. And with teens, they are curious and want to have fun, and getting with the opposite sex is still hard and awkward and weird. Having fun and getting off with a buddy, this has happened since the beginning of time, and there isn't any problem with that.

“Seeking the truth!”

Since: Dec 07

Buffalo Creek, WV

#11 Oct 12, 2009
I read a report years ago (unfortunately I can't find it now) that stated that 1 in 5 boys had a sames sex experience by the age of 15 in the US. I can only assume that this statistic would have risen in the years since the report.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14 Oct 12, 2009
Stanists = satanists
Male K-9 Lover

AOL

#23 Oct 12, 2009
I beleive that with our young openly admitting they are gay or by is more exceptibile now day then use to be. That doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with it. Let people be what they want to be and quit judging other people for what they are or how they are . Rather they be young or old

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#25 Oct 12, 2009
flyboy wrote:
I don't think some heterosexuals actually realize how common and normal homosexuality actually is. And how much gay sex happens between 2 people who fully identify as straight or live straight lives. And with teens, they are curious and want to have fun, and getting with the opposite sex is still hard and awkward and weird. Having fun and getting off with a buddy, this has happened since the beginning of time, and there isn't any problem with that.
The last three guys I had sex with would tell you they're straight if you asked them. These days the guy who is most likely to cruise you in the aisles of Target is the one who's girlfriend is on the other aisle.

“Son of Abraham”

Natural Deviant

#26 Oct 12, 2009
Western1 wrote:
Stanists = satanists
And here we go with yet ANOTHER western1. Gee, it's nice to meet you. How are the other Western1's doing.

You see, we have the "Gay and realizes he's still gay but stuggles" Western1. We also have the "I'm a HUGE queen" Western1. And then there's the "Very hostile and rude" Western1. I've come across a few others but you get the gist.

Doesn't Exodus come up with more activities to keep you guys busy or is this just another one of those activities???
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#27 Oct 12, 2009
Western1 wrote:
Stanists = satanists
Given the fact you are NOT straight and will never be straight as ex-gay is not heterosexuality in any way, shape or form, your opinion really has no weight here. The fact is, homosexual desires are a normal part for most people. And there is nothing wrong with acting on those desires. And as homosexuality is becoming more accepted, less people are like you, hating themselves for the way they are, and embracing who they are, and living without irrational restrictions. It is a great thing.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#28 Oct 12, 2009
Big Hoss wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not anti-gay or anything like that, but being a teen, I dont know a single fellow teenage boy who has "got it on" with another boy but still claims his heterosexuality. Now girls on the other hand...
That is because males are way way less likely to be open about their homosexuality because men in general are more discriminated against when it comes to sexuality and everything that comes with it in general. 2 girls, well you have the videos like I kissed a girl and everything, it isn't that big of a deal to most, and boys of course like it. So it is a much different situation with different pressures. Also, women don't have a lesbian label put on them like a guy has a gay label put on him. So a lot of males would not want to play with another guy for that reason.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#29 Oct 12, 2009
McMike wrote:
<quoted text>
The last three guys I had sex with would tell you they're straight if you asked them. These days the guy who is most likely to cruise you in the aisles of Target is the one who's girlfriend is on the other aisle.
Exactly. 80% of the men I have slept with identify as straight. Many of them are the closet case homophobe type. Quite frankly at this point, there aren't many men I look at and think that I don't have a chance with them, because it seems most men are always looking for a way to have fun and get off, and could care less who it is with. The whole "I hate f**s" overly macho sh*t is basically a front for most of these guys.

“Son of Abraham”

Natural Deviant

#30 Oct 12, 2009
flyboy wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. 80% of the men I have slept with identify as straight. Many of them are the closet case homophobe type. Quite frankly at this point, there aren't many men I look at and think that I don't have a chance with them, because it seems most men are always looking for a way to have fun and get off, and could care less who it is with. The whole "I hate f**s" overly macho sh*t is basically a front for most of these guys.
I look at it this way using the last 3 guys I've slept with:

I've taken a poll of them and 0% say they're gay yet I've had sex with 100% of them.

Go figure. You can not trust any poll on sexuality when you point blank ask the guy because many, many men who don't consider themselves 'gay' are having gay sex. On Topix I always hear from men, "I'm not gay I just like sucking d!ck".

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#31 Oct 13, 2009
McMike wrote:
<quoted text>
And here we go with yet ANOTHER western1. Gee, it's nice to meet you. How are the other Western1's doing.
You see, we have the "Gay and realizes he's still gay but stuggles" Western1. We also have the "I'm a HUGE queen" Western1. And then there's the "Very hostile and rude" Western1. I've come across a few others but you get the gist.
Doesn't Exodus come up with more activities to keep you guys busy or is this just another one of those activities???
It's always been me, the one and only, western1.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#32 Oct 13, 2009
Western1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always been me, the one and only, western1.
You certainly are not the one and only of your ilk.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#33 Oct 13, 2009
McMike wrote:
<quoted text>
I look at it this way using the last 3 guys I've slept with:
I've taken a poll of them and 0% say they're gay yet I've had sex with 100% of them.
Go figure. You can not trust any poll on sexuality when you point blank ask the guy because many, many men who don't consider themselves 'gay' are having gay sex. On Topix I always hear from men, "I'm not gay I just like sucking d!ck".
Exactly. One only needs to look here on topix on one poll that asks men "would you have a BJ with the same sex" or something of the sort, and there were/are like 800-900 votes, and something like 90% say yes. And then look at Craigslist. So it is no secret, although people like to make it seem like it is, so they can continue to condemn it. That really is the truth here, people want to continue to make it "abnormal" to make it seem like that makes it wrong to do, when the truth is that it is very normal, and most everyone knows this.
Anung Un Rama

Buffalo, NY

#34 Oct 13, 2009
flyboy wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. One only needs to look here on topix on one poll that asks men "would you have a BJ with the same sex" or something of the sort, and there were/are like 800-900 votes, and something like 90% say yes. And then look at Craigslist. So it is no secret, although people like to make it seem like it is, so they can continue to condemn it. That really is the truth here, people want to continue to make it "abnormal" to make it seem like that makes it wrong to do, when the truth is that it is very normal, and most everyone knows this.
What is normal? Normal may or may not be different to every one. What is the stander here for normal? A dog may kill its young if something is wrong with it but, we as humans call it murder if we do it to our young. Why is that?
Robbie

United States

#36 Oct 13, 2009
I resist wearing a label. I don't call myself gay or straight, but I've had gay sex and enjoyed it much more than I can with a girl. Neither I nor the boys I have sex with would identify as strictly gay.

-Robbie
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#37 Oct 13, 2009
Anung Un Rama wrote:
<quoted text> What is normal? Normal may or may not be different to every one. What is the stander here for normal? A dog may kill its young if something is wrong with it but, we as humans call it murder if we do it to our young. Why is that?
Exactly actually. I DETEST the word normal, so you are right on the money. Norms are different for anyone. The standard for normal? There is no standard, because it doesn't exist. No-one is the same in any way.

An animal may kill its young if it is sick to prevent the sickness from spreading and affecting the other animals. It is actually beneficial. However, humans have no actual reason to kill our children if they are sick, we don't live in the wild, we have the necessary tools to not have to do this. So, to take away someones life unjustly without a reasonable cause is murder.

Murder harms people. Being gay/lesbian is not harmful.
flyboy

Richmond, VA

#38 Oct 13, 2009
Robbie wrote:
I resist wearing a label. I don't call myself gay or straight, but I've had gay sex and enjoyed it much more than I can with a girl. Neither I nor the boys I have sex with would identify as strictly gay.
-Robbie
Very good Robbie. Labels are for clothes. As long as you are having fun and doing what makes you happy and feel good, don't worry about restricting yourself or pressuring yourself to fit a label or what society wants you to be.
Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teenagers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teen gang Crazy White Boys connected to August ... (Oct '08) Jun 29 Goose 310
News Hispanic College Institute helps students get t... Jun 25 Paddling has its ... 1
News Three Teenagers Arrested in Gang-Related Homicide (Dec '14) Jun 24 jose 2
News Bill Would End Life Prison Terms for Teens (Jan '08) Jun 23 Your Service Prov... 124
News CaredirA Announces The Release Of Their Revolut... Jun 22 SallyDrew 1
News From Amish to Ozarks, not the same old stories (Jun '08) Jun 15 Exam Time Again 31
News Charges pending against students in post-prom rape (May '14) Jun 15 patience 119
More from around the web