Gerrie Schipske Could Be Long Beach's...

Gerrie Schipske Could Be Long Beach's First LGBT Mayor?

There are 13 comments on the OC Weekly story from May 16, 2013, titled Gerrie Schipske Could Be Long Beach's First LGBT Mayor?. In it, OC Weekly reports that:

"My dad and mom met at the Pike," Gerrie Schipske began. For the broadly accomplished, 62-year-old, Long Beach City Councilwoman, that was the beginning - the chance interaction of a couple of teenagers on the bright, bustling midway of a classic old amusement park in 1948.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at OC Weekly.

LB Voter

Los Angeles, CA

#1 May 17, 2013
Who else is running for Mayor? If we don't have a coherent republican candidate, Shipske's the one. For people who would rather reason in shorthand, if Mayor "Fat Boy" Foster, Robert "Little Boy" Garcia, and Suja "Skeletor" Lowenthal have ongoing "problems" with her, it most likely means she is not:

1) Corrupt

2) Insane

Addendum: Gary "Mr. Potatohead" Delong doesn't like her either. And really, isn't that enough?
Dane Thorsen

Temple City, CA

#2 May 17, 2013
Being Gay is by far the biggest consideration here. She has proven to be a union funding hack who helped catapult the city toward Penison Bankruptcy so she meets the basic criteria of among the most poltically ignorant voters in America.
cmon

Los Angeles, CA

#3 May 18, 2013
Dane Thorsen wrote:
Being Gay is by far the biggest consideration here. She has proven to be a union funding hack who helped catapult the city toward Penison Bankruptcy so she meets the basic criteria of among the most poltically ignorant voters in America.
So you have a better choice. You're just hiding it from us. Right?
Dane Thorsen

Temple City, CA

#4 May 18, 2013
cmon wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have a better choice. You're just hiding it from us. Right?
Any citizen who isn't owned by the public employee unions. Did you see USAToday on 5/16...ever increasing list of CA cities plummeting toward Muni Bankruptcy. We have to reign in the inequity of compensation between the Publ Empl and the Public. We have no choice.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#5 May 18, 2013
LB Voter wrote:
Who else is running for Mayor? If we don't have a coherent republican candidate, Shipske's the one. For people who would rather reason in shorthand, if Mayor "Fat Boy" Foster, Robert "Little Boy" Garcia, and Suja "Skeletor" Lowenthal have ongoing "problems" with her, it most likely means she is not:
1) Corrupt
2) Insane
Addendum: Gary "Mr. Potatohead" Delong doesn't like her either. And really, isn't that enough?
LB Voter.

Yes. Long Beach is controlled by a tight knit coalition of radical activist Asian sub-continent "Blacks", the Africans, our Homosexual friends, and the cute little lesbians. The city is home to one of the most radical of the unbelievably expensive taxpayer funded California university system - probably second only to Berkeley -(of "filthy speech" and "free love" fame), where many of the revolutionary ruling class ideas that promote taxpayer harassment are cooked up.

Little "Hispanic" children often complain to me that, while the plurality - and perhaps the majority - of city residents are NON-Homosexual "Hispanics", there is no representatives on revolutionary Council who "look like them".(so to speak)

I explain to the little "Hispanic" children, yes, the NON-Homosexual "Hispanic" majority should be represented on revolutionary Council, in fact, according to their numbers in the city they should CONTROL Council.

I explain to the kiddies that Jerrie Schipske had the courage needed to stand against the infamous Lowenthal grocery and goods bag harassment tax. I suggested they try to get their non-Homosexual "Hispanic" parents to vote for Jerrie for Mayor. Once in office, Jerrie might have the courage needed to expose the hypocrisy of the revolutionary ruling class's failure to put their "democratic representation" ideals into practice.

Ronald
cmon

Los Angeles, CA

#6 May 18, 2013
Dane Thorsen wrote:
<quoted text>
Any citizen who isn't owned by the public employee unions. Did you see USAToday on 5/16...ever increasing list of CA cities plummeting toward Muni Bankruptcy. We have to reign in the inequity of compensation between the Publ Empl and the Public. We have no choice.
Evasive "answer," since any citizen isn't running for Mayor. Assuming you're not suffering from brain damage, I'll try again.

Which candidate do you suggest voting for? I'm assuming YOU aren't running for anything, because you know you wouldn't be able to do what you complain of others not doing.

AND, if no candidate is running that you approve of, what work have you put in to try to get a viable candidate into the running... dane?

Baldwin Park, CA

#7 May 18, 2013
If she pisses off the local conservatives, I would vote for her.
Roberto

Corona, CA

#8 May 21, 2013
I Dont Believe a gay should be the mayor of long Beach May god bless Her But i know its not right
Roberto

Corona, CA

#9 May 21, 2013
Of thatt US our Only candidate then maybe we should all start running for mayor and executive/ government jobs right? Roberto Rodriguez for mayor sounds about right
Long Beach Native

Long Beach, CA

#10 May 21, 2013
Roberto wrote:
Of thatt US our Only candidate then maybe we should all start running for mayor and executive/ government jobs right? Roberto Rodriguez for mayor sounds about right
You're a 'special' sort of stupid, aren't you?
Dane Thorsen

Temple City, CA

#11 May 22, 2013
Guest wrote:
If she pisses off the local conservatives, I would vote for her.
I totally agree. The Unions will crush anyone who tries to save the Public from the insatiable GREED of the Public Empl Unions. That is exactly why we only have what we have in City Hall.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#12 Jul 1, 2013
In general, it is time to vote out incumbents and start over.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#13 Jul 2, 2013
fr Roberto:

>I Dont Believe a gay should be the mayor of long Beach May god bless Her But i know its not right.<

Why not? Just because they're GLBT? We've had a gay President, James Buchanan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teenagers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oklahoma homeowner says high school students re... Jan 18 Lizzy 3
sex with my dog (Jul '10) Jan 17 happyforyou 3
News Teens allegedly throwing rocks at passing cars ... Jan 16 Citizen 2
News Transgender personality calls for society to 'g... Jan 13 TerriB1 1
News Mother vows to help teen who murdered her son Jan 13 American1 6
News From Amish to Ozarks, not the same old stories (Jun '08) Jan 10 Robert 65
News Will 16 and 17-year-olds be allowed to vote in ... Jan 8 jose 1
More from around the web