Suit brought on behalf of boys seekin...

Suit brought on behalf of boys seeking gay therapy

There are 99 comments on the Clover Herald story from Oct 4, 2012, titled Suit brought on behalf of boys seeking gay therapy. In it, Clover Herald reports that:

A second federal lawsuit has been filed seeking to overturn California's new ban on psychotherapy aimed at making gay or lesbian teenagers straight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Clover Herald.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#105 Oct 8, 2012
Junior Esquire wrote:
Conversely, I have never heard of a straight seeking therapy to become gay. But if that happened, i'm sure the gays would not object.
Everyone would object because as gay individuals, one knows that it is not a choice.
Go take a look at that "American Dad" episode that was based on gay republicans. Sure it's made up and scripted, sure it's a comedy, but it shows a pretty valid example of someone trying to be gay and not being able to because they just aren't gay.
Junior Esquire

United States

#106 Oct 8, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone would object because as gay individuals, one knows that it is not a choice.
Go take a look at that "American Dad" episode that was based on gay republicans. Sure it's made up and scripted, sure it's a comedy, but it shows a pretty valid example of someone trying to be gay and not being able to because they just aren't gay.
Even if all of the above were true, gays still would not object to a straight undergoing conversion therapy. They would not display the same degree of indignation.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#107 Oct 8, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Cruel and vicious are what you libs were and still are to the real Sarah Palin and her son so please don't be a hypocrite.
I. Have. Never. Mentioned. Sarah's. Son. Ever.

Stop LYING about me. Bristol, I couldn't make up better material than her. I have never mentioned the poor Down's syndrome kid, except right this moment. NEVER. Stop lying. You can insult me all day long, don't lie about me, however. I never lie about you. Why can't you follow the Golden Rule and treat others the way you want to be treated?

I have kept my promise and have not been insulting to you for months now, I may disagree and point out your prickly prose, but I have been polite. Yet you find it perfectly OK to lie about me. That says so much about your fine Christian values and the love of fellow man held by conservatives. Someone wants to meet you half way and you slap away his hand. WWJD?

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#108 Oct 8, 2012
Junior Esquire wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if all of the above were true, gays still would not object to a straight undergoing conversion therapy. They would not display the same degree of indignation.
If you were forced into some facility how long would it take them to change you to gay? A month, a year? Ten years? Think about it from another person's point of view for once. I could stay in conversion for life and not be hetero.

Montreal

#109 Oct 8, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>If you were forced into some facility how long would it take them to change you to gay? A month, a year? Ten years? Think about it from another person's point of view for once. I could stay in conversion for life and not be hetero.
This "Junior Esquire" is know to be extremely dumb. This person continuously brings up false claims, creates false statements, has no understanding of anything, and more.
There is no end to the stupid things that person can write...
Junior Esquire

United States

#110 Oct 8, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>If you were forced into some facility how long would it take them to change you to gay? A month, a year? Ten years? Think about it from another person's point of view for once. I could stay in conversion for life and not be hetero.
Curly Cheese, you seem to have as much trouble with reading comprehension as the idiot "Lacez".
I never implied that any kind of conversion therapy would be successful.
I simply said that if there were such a thing as a straight-to-gay conversion therapy, that the gays would not pose the same objections.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#111 Oct 9, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Both", tee hee, are unregistered little cowards"
Like Mona Lott. A sad lib coward who is confused whether it is a man or woman.
Juvenile taunts from the village idiot... how exciting.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#112 Oct 9, 2012
Junior Esquire wrote:
<quoted text>
Curly Cheese, you seem to have as much trouble with reading comprehension as the idiot "Lacez".
I never implied that any kind of conversion therapy would be successful.
I simply said that if there were such a thing as a straight-to-gay conversion therapy, that the gays would not pose the same objections.
Oh puh-leez. Make shit up and then argue about it?
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#113 Oct 9, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Cletus and NoQ are respected and due to the nature of their posts, I imagine that for safety reasons from radical and dangerous anti-family liberals, they prefer not to register.
I understand and it makes sense.
Mona is just a disgusting coward with no morals .
"Those others have more names than Satan's list, I am sure they are on HIS list too"
Mona is the only one on Satans list .
OMG! Satan's list? ahhahahahahaha
ahhahahahahahah
ahahahahhahaha

Is that anything like craig's list?

Feeble-minded attempts at insults from the head dolt! I love it! You didn't fall out of the stupid tree, you got dragged through dumbass forest.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#114 Oct 9, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Terrifies you and your ilk, doesnt it?
Terrifies you because the thought of therapy which actually works is not what you anti-science lib fascists want to hear.
Actually works?

hahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahaha

Anti-science?

hahahahahah
ahhahahahaah
ahhahahahaha

I would ask you how many times your mother dropped you on your head, but I know you can't count that high.

Montreal

#115 Oct 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually works?
hahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahaha
Anti-science?
hahahahahah
ahhahahahaah
ahhahahahaha
I would ask you how many times your mother dropped you on your head, but I know you can't count that high.
It's funny how far people like her take their ignorance. Even when the CEO of Exodus International says they have a 99% fail rate, they still believe it's "a sure way to convert gay people."
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#116 Oct 9, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how far people like her take their ignorance. Even when the CEO of Exodus International says they have a 99% fail rate, they still believe it's "a sure way to convert gay people."
These goofballs are the lunatic fringe of humanity. I blame Sarah Palin for making stupid look sexy.

Montreal

#117 Oct 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
These goofballs are the lunatic fringe of humanity. I blame Sarah Palin for making stupid look sexy.
Remember that interview where when asked what her favorite magazine was, she couldn't name a single one?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#118 Oct 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid = easy has always been "sexy". How else could stupid guys ever get laid?

The real secret behind the dumbing-down of America.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#119 Oct 10, 2012
Junior Esquire wrote:
Conversely, I have never heard of a straight seeking therapy to become gay. But if that happened, i'm sure the gays would not object.
And as usual you'd be incorrect. Guess you missed this story:

VIDEO: Straight homophobic Christian male lives life as a gay man for one year

http://www.topix.com/news/gay/2012/10/video-s...

But hey, I appreciate that you admit you're pretty uniformed about most of these things.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#120 Oct 10, 2012
Junior Esquire wrote:
<quoted text>
First off I'm a gay man, as you know.

Second, I don't always agree with everything other gay people might endorse. Your assumption makes as much sense as saying every republican has the intelligence and political savvy of Sarah Palin.

Third, I wouldn't object to someone trying to live as a gay person or lesbian because I think it would be a very enlightening experience, especially for someone like you.

But I would object to them being tortured in the same way gays are under "conversion therapy" (Electro shock and other 'behavior modification' techniques).

Ans last but not least, if YOU wanted to undergo such things I'd be one of the first in line to support your decision.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#121 Oct 10, 2012
Junior Esquire wrote:
<quoted text>
It would depend on whether the person was an adult doing this voluntarily or a child being forced into such therapy against their will.

Frankly I'm surprised you object over the States right to regulate the practice of medicine.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#122 Oct 10, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! Satan's list? ahhahahahahaha
ahhahahahahahah
ahahahahhahaha
Is that anything like craig's list?
Feeble-minded attempts at insults from the head dolt! I love it! You didn't fall out of the stupid tree, you got dragged through dumbass forest.
When I saw this today in my e-mail I immediately thought of two people on theses threads we are both familiar with. Luv Sarah Palin and our favorite nonexistent entity from Pekin Ill.

The Buddha compared people to four kinds of clay vessels. One type of vessel has holes in the bottom. We can pour in as much water as we like and it runs right out. When this type of person hears the Dharma, it goes in one ear and out the other. The second type of vessel has cracks. Though we pour in the Dharma, it seeps out slowly until the vessel is empty again. The third vessel is full to the brim with stale water--views and opinions. One can't pour anything new in, everything is already known. The only useful vessel is the fourth, without holes or cracks and totally empty.
- Ayya Khema, "Be An Island"

Care to guess who is who?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#123 Oct 10, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Terrifies you and your ilk, doesnt it?
Terrifies you because the thought of therapy which actually works is not what you anti-science lib fascists want to hear.
Actually works? Are you serious? Even the professionals at Exodus International admit it's "success rate" doesn't exist in 99.99% of the people who tried it.

INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF PSYCHIATRIC-MENTAL HEALTH NURSES (ISPN)
Position Statement On Reparative Therapy

http://www.ispn-psych.org/docs/PS-ReparativeT...

Exodus International Rejects Reparative Therapy for Gays
Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/exodus-inte...

When a health regimen has a failure rate of 99.99% I think it's safe to say the "medicine" is snake oil.

And you want us to trust people like YOU to fix healthcare?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Teenagers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jenks Alternative Center Students Lobby Lawmakers (Feb '10) Nov 30 shamika pasley 17
News The Gangs of (Brentwood) New York Nov 28 The Mick 3
News Chicago teens fatally shot congressman's grands... Nov 23 Jungle Mentality 6
News Challenges facing refugees push some kids into ... Nov 20 Mullet Omar Simps... 1
News 2 teens charged with murder in shooting of U.S.... Nov 20 Babydoll 1
News 200 teens involved in nightclub disturbance (Mar '08) Nov 17 Jon 61
News Teen gang Crazy White Boys connected to August ... (Oct '08) Nov 15 West 11th 321
More from around the web